Author Topic: samsung 58h5203 or sharp 60le650 for general cable viewing and ppv  (Read 1785 times)

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
for members who use these tvs, how's your viewing experience for tv cable(sd/hd).I'm concerned with visible pixelations as I come from a panasonic pv80 plasma. Gonna be using it for 95% cable viewing and ppv in my living room (bright). thanks guys.

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I settled with a samsung 58h5203. Used standard picture settings and increased the brightness at 60 for cable viewing and decreased pixelations I saw using soccer mode. How do you check the running time for Samsung?

Offline jjb

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
@comet
Planning to get this model too for cable viewing and some games only. Movies will be on the pj. Noticed it's thicker than the h6000 series. How is it holding up so far for cable and hbo?
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2015 at 06:43 PM by jjb »

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Honest opinion lang po.  When I watched the PBA championship series at aksyonTV, you could see some pixels maybe because there's a lot of details but for the rest of the channels(drama series, news) PQ is good enough/comparable to my plasma  PV80(SD channels). The soccer mode enhances the HD picture as well as the sound surround but when viewing SD channels I prefer the non-soccer mode.  Just notice  some of the pixelations pop up with the brighter settings(soccer mode). YMMV. For animation and HD broadcast, very good. I tried the usb for movies(DTSMA 1080p), it's very very very good. Sound is ok for me and there's an audio out in case.  Overall I'd recommend this TV.   

Offline jjb

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Thanks for the feedback. I see some pixels too on almost all tvs even for nba hd tv but i think it's more of the broadcast itself pixelizing. Ive the D5000 model and it's still good for sd channels. Actually SD would suck on all lcd tvs.  Thanks again!