Author Topic: 35k budget which tv 47" and up to get?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline shauntot

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
35k budget which tv 47" and up to get?
« on: Dec 15, 2014 at 11:31 PM »
Just seeking some help, nakakalito sa dami ng tv ngayon mga sir.
I've rounded out some contenders to the following:

Sony 48r472b
Samsung 48H5100AR
LG 47LB5820
Toshiba 55L2400vp

I know medyo malayo po yung laki ng tosh pero it fits the budget. I haven't personally seen it pq wise kasi walang stock sa malls na napuntahan ko pero yung first three i've seen already and they look ok.

No tv/cable viewing, purely 1080p movies and 1080p streaming. Thanks po in advance sirs!

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: 35k budget which tv 47" and up to get?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 01:21 AM »
why not just add a bit more and get a pj? i just got one and it's worth every penny! 100+ inches for the price of a 50-inch tv.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 01:37 AM »
Just seeking some help, nakakalito sa dami ng tv ngayon mga sir.
I've rounded out some contenders to the following:

Sony 48r472b
Samsung 48H5100AR
LG 47LB5820
Toshiba 55L2400vp

I know medyo malayo po yung laki ng tosh pero it fits the budget. I haven't personally seen it pq wise kasi walang stock sa malls na napuntahan ko pero yung first three i've seen already and they look ok.

No tv/cable viewing, purely 1080p movies and 1080p streaming. Thanks po in advance sirs!

I'd go for the Toshiba, as long as you have another device that can switch inputs (like an AV Receiver). It may not have the best image rendition, but 47/48 feels too small for most viewing environments.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 at 01:38 AM by Stagea »

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 06:40 AM »
why not just add a bit more and get a pj? i just got one and it's worth every penny! 100+ inches for the price of a 50-inch tv.

Thanks sir. Cant do pj my kids also will be watching. Mauubos pera ko sa bulbs hehe. Nag pj na kc ako before but had to sell it because i had to convert the home theater room to the kids playroom

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 06:44 AM »
Stagea- ah the tosh's pq isnt as good ba as the 3 others? I'm wondering why a lot of pdvd folks are recommending it. Is it because of the price for the size?

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 09:27 AM »
Thanks sir. Cant do pj my kids also will be watching. Mauubos pera ko sa bulbs hehe. Nag pj na kc ako before but had to sell it because i had to convert the home theater room to the kids playroom

ah ok. mura na lang kasi bulb nung new epsons ngayon. my toshiba 46 inch lcd doesn't have a good pq. not sure if leds have better ones.

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 05:18 PM »
my vote goes to toshiba.  no nonsense...just good, big tv with just the right pq.  Toshiba may not be as vivid (by default) as samsung and lg (and even sony) but when properly calibrated it gives a very good, honest colors.  Samsungs, while it has that wow.. punchy colors, it tends to over do it (too saturated) at times.

Besides, 55 inch for ~35K is a very good deal.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM »
Stagea- ah the tosh's pq isnt as good ba as the 3 others? I'm wondering why a lot of pdvd folks are recommending it. Is it because of the price for the size?
They are not consistent for the most part as they keep on switching panel suppliers. One model line or model year may have very different image properties from the next.

Most deliver an acceptable image still, especially after calibration.

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 10:45 PM »
Thanks for the inputs folks. I think i need to see the tosh in person. Meron ako nakita sa waltermart but it was a 42L2400. Wala daw stock ng 55. I guess pareho lang siguro pq nila for auditioning purposes