Author Topic: Help on Samsung LED TV - no audio with Cable TV  (Read 4331 times)

Offline gabmik

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help on Samsung LED TV - no audio with Cable TV
« on: Dec 30, 2014 at 06:54 AM »
My sister gave me a Samsung UA40H5303 from Brunei.  I used the automatic channel programming on the TV and there is no audio.  Other sources (USB, HDMI, video in) have audio.  I can watch cable tv but thru DVR TV tuner.  My cable is Destiny cable.  Is there any other setting or set-up step I should go thru?  Manual is basic and can't find much.  I saw some audio channel options in the Broadcast menu and tried them all but still no audio.  I hope someone can help.  Thanks.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Help on Samsung LED TV - no audio with Cable TV
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2014 at 07:38 AM »
its probably because the tv tuner is intended for the PAL system countries. If there is no option under audio wherein you can change the system to "M" then di talaga pwede. Most likely its audio is encoded in "BG" or "I". The only way nga to watch tv is thru an external tuner.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline rembrandt_ht

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2014 at 09:15 AM »
This no sound issue also happened to me and found out that you have to change the audio setting to "M" just like what sir pekspert mentioned above. The audio of some channels were set at "DG".
pi-30 LE
CXN v1
audio refinement class A

Offline gabmik

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2015 at 03:24 PM »
Thanks for the info and responses.  Looks like I'm stuck with the tuner.  Looked thru settings and there was no M setting for audio.  Salamat ulit.

Offline larokulit

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2015 at 09:23 PM »
In Pasig, Destiny cable already switched to digital a few years ago so we're already using Sky's digibox.

BTT, I also have the same problem in the past but it was solved by installing a cheap TV cable converter.
DIY fan...

Offline gabmik

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 10:58 AM »
larokulit,

Just confirmed with Samsung service that audio signal for TV is not compatible.  He mentioned going digital or channel converter.  I think that's similar to the TV cable converter you mentioned.  Where did you get one and how much?  How is it connected to the TV, AV in or RF?  Can you use the TV remote to change channels?  Thanks.

Offline larokulit

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2015 at 06:51 AM »
I got one from Raon for Php600 but it was 20 years ago, lol.
I do see some ads in OLX with prices below 1k -- just search for "TV cable converter".
All converters I saw have AV and RF out. Unfortunately, you can't use the TV remote to change channels.
DIY fan...

Offline gabmik

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2015 at 08:13 PM »
Thanks!

I got one from Raon for Php600 but it was 20 years ago, lol.
I do see some ads in OLX with prices below 1k -- just search for "TV cable converter".
All converters I saw have AV and RF out. Unfortunately, you can't use the TV remote to change channels.

Offline amvil13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2015 at 02:56 PM »
hi ts,

im from samsung ive experienced that kind of problem with tv bought form china you can re program it through manual programming

reset your tv to default setting first then

copy all channel tittle channel number and frequency from your other tv then input manually       

will surely take some time  LOL!!       

but atleast less hassel having 2 remote for 1 tv