Author Topic: Is it the age for China Brands?  (Read 3684 times)

Offline xhakezpyr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • ..be a wide thinker..
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is it the age for China Brands?
« on: Jan 05, 2015 at 04:37 PM »
Hi mga bossing, I saw this from a certain forum at medyo napa-isip ako. ::)
What do you think guys?..

http://kenerdel.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/never-buy-devant-tv/

simple tech
Nov 07, 2014 @ 02:39:14
Guys, accept the fact that the technology today is different from before, we are moving forward. In the current trend gadget features are the same, the only difference is the brand. The Big brands already established their names that’s why most of us are “brand slaves”. What ever negative we heard about them for us it’s okay, but for the new brands one small problem is a one big issue. Today it is not the battle of the brands, it is the battle of the specs. Different brands have the same parts inside.
Think of it, for example one TV is made up of hundreds of parts/component inside of it. Even a giant brand don’t have the ability to invest to build up hundreds of factories for each parts/component just to assemble a single model of TV. The reality is in every type of gadgets they uses the same parts, the only difference is the brand and the operating programs.
Yes there are brands that sucks, but not all the model line up of their product.
Almost all gadgets now are assembled in China since most of the factories of minor parts/components are there. Like one big brand that claims to be a Korean brand. yes, it is but most of their parts are china made. they are Korean brand but assembled in china or assembled in Korea but most of the parts are imported from China.
There are also brands that have very poor quality, it is because their parts are coming from a poor quality factory. But not all China assembled or China brands have poor quality, most of them uses same parts which is also used by the giant one.
The Japanese brand age is done, We are now currently under the Korean brand, one day we will all wake up and realized that it is the age for the China brands.

I am telling this just to open up your mind guys, I know it because Audio/video is my field, this is my passion and this is my interest.

Time will come, the term “MADE IN CHINA” will be redefined.

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Is it the age for China Brands?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2015 at 05:02 PM »
If i were to buy an LED tv now, i would still buy a branded one. (Sony, samsung, panasonic, toshiba, lg, etc) i dont mind if the unit was made in china because i know that the quality standards of the products when it come to manufacturing are still controlled by these brands, regardless of where they are made. Heck i even owned a couple of 'branded' cameras in the past which were made in the philippines! all of which gave me no issues whatsoever.

The problem with some of these 'unbranded' CE products imho is that their standards in adhering to the quality of their build/assembly as well as the actual parts used may not be as rigid as those of the branded ones. Sama na natin siguro yung mga quilifications nung mga people who are actually behind the manufacturing of these unknown brands.

The only appeal here of course is the cheap price that these 'unbranded' CE products go for. And as we all know, juan dela cruz is often a sucker for anything cheap.

Of course everything stated above is merely my personal speculation and opinion on that matter.

By the way... My Iphone 6 is assembled in China. But i remain comfident that this unit will not give me any sort of hardware problems in the years to come. Kasi alam ko controlled pa rin ni Apple ang quility standards ng assembly ng unit ko. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2015 at 05:10 PM by xgh0st12x »
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2015 at 11:40 PM »
I hate how China treats his neighbors, but yes a time would come when we would prefer to buy chinese brands over new emerging markets.
Before, no one wanted to buy Taiwan made product, eventually they did evolve... Now taiwan products are sought after more than some markets...

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2015 at 11:52 PM »

IMHO, it will time for them to mature their manufacturing process to produce better quality products except those brands who migrated their assembly/production plants in the mainland for cheap labor and be price competitive in the world market. But those new faces/names in the business they are only after the quantity, cheap price and the best part more stylish than those branded ones... ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline andre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 05:56 AM »
China brands still have a long way to go.  If they'll  get past the imitation and fake stage. Then go into their own R&D and Copyright stage.  Then they'll be a powerhouse like Sony or Samsung or Apple.

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 07:10 AM »
Actually, there are "big" name Chinese brands na.

Anta for shoes and sport wares.

And of course, pinoyDVD members im sure are quite familiar with the brand names Cayin and Line Magnetic audio.

I myself use a Chinese made tube amp - A Ming Da, and im very satisfied with it :)

There are definitely some things made there that are considered CRAP, but good quality things can be had to, but more often than not - those are not your run of the mill cheap wares.

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015 at 07:14 AM by meat_eater »
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 11:22 AM »
Bottomline really is "you get what you pay for". You really can't expect to get a 500 pesos product out of a 200 pesos priced item.... Hence, there are already lots of good quality items from china and they are often pricey as well.

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 12:07 PM »
Bottomline really is "you get what you pay for". You really can't expect to get a 500 pesos product out of a 200 pesos priced item.... Hence, there are already lots of good quality items from china and they are often pricey as well.

Pasok sa banga! hehehehe :D
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 05:31 PM »
Our company once bought equipment from China. It really pays to visit the company to assess their capability and not rely on brochures or internet. One company was ISO certified with glossy brochures. But when we visited the plant, it was in a residential area and the plant was just behind the house of the owner.Workmanship was very bad.  The second company has a six storey building as their main office. We took a look on their finished product and was satisfied with the workmanship and quality.

Be prepared to have some birthing pains during the first month of operation. But with the cost 75 percent less than european and us brands, I gues the pain was worth it. We analyzed the problem and it was because the equipment was not tropicalized. It was a copy of a well known brand. And I guess it was designed for cold weather. Some added cooling and it is good to go. 

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7166
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 06:23 PM »
china makes then cheap, period....
that is because workers there are paid slave wages,
these workers can not form unions and petition government...
the dictatorship of the proletariat is now only a dream,
the reality is that they are now unabashedly capitalistic...

they also make their own raw material and piece parts,
how can any other country compete with them?
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 06:36 PM »
china makes then cheap, period....
that is because workers there are paid slave wages,
these workers can not form unions and petition government...
the dictatorship of the proletariat is now only a dream,
the reality is that they are now unabashedly capitalistic...

they also make their own raw material and piece parts,
how can any other country compete with them?

This is true...

At malamang yan din ang maging mitsa ng demise nila. Pera pera na lang. At sa sobrang bilis ng paglipad nila, yan din ang magiging bilis ng pagbagsak.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 06:43 PM »
China made products is helping to equalize somehow the rich and the poor. Some members of the society can at least say now, "meron din ako nyan."  Products that are enjoyed years ago just by the rich are at least being enjoyed now by the not so able members of the community. Thanks to China made products.

China brands may provide as a good alternative to the brands that we cannot afford. But of course part of the risk is the greater possibility of a wear and tear, caveat emptor 'ika nga.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 06:49 PM »
China made products is helping to equalize somehow the rich and the poor. Some members of the society can at least say now, "meron din ako nyan."  Products that are enjoyed years ago just by the rich are at least being enjoyed now by the not so able members of the community. Thanks to China made products.

China brands may provide as a good alternative to the brands that we cannot afford. But of course part of the risk is the greater possibility of a wear and tear, caveat emptor 'ika nga.

Not just that, pati ung mga dating trusted brands napipilitan magbaba ng standards just to compete. Kaya ngayon? Lahat patakbuhin hehehe... in a sense.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 07:07 PM »
american brands are now made in china, and for a good reason, huge profits....

that is why i do not think that china will ever want to go to war, they will be the biggest loser if they did...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 07:12 PM »
This is true...

At malamang yan din ang maging mitsa ng demise nila. Pera pera na lang. At sa sobrang bilis ng paglipad nila, yan din ang magiging bilis ng pagbagsak.

as long as Chinese entrepreneurs do not go offshore for manufacturing
the way america, japan, Korea and the EU countries have been doing,
they can sustain their economy...as long as they keep a strong agricultural
sector, they will never go hungry....

but if they can not check corruption in government,
they will returnd to being a third world country...
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015 at 07:17 PM by tony »

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 08:41 PM »
as long as Chinese entrepreneurs do not go offshore for manufacturing
the way america, japan, Korea and the EU countries have been doing,
they can sustain their economy...as long as they keep a strong agricultural
sector, they will never go hungry....

but if they can not check corruption in government,
they will returnd to being a third world country...

The problem is resources is not unlimited... and they are consuming everything in their path for profit.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 09:37 PM »
The problem is resources is not unlimited... and they are consuming everything in their path for profit.

Including the disputed islands. Baka by the time na mapa-sa-atin na yun, maski damong ligaw wala and hindi kayang mabuhay.

Offline dyonge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 10:53 PM »
siguro oo,
ang bilis kasi ng technology. nag iisip ang mga consumer kung bibili ba ng mas mahal na produktong de kalidad pero pwedeng maiwanan ng panahon ang features at functions nito.  kukunin nya na lang yung halos kaparehong produktong  china brand, upgrade na lang pag may v2.0 na  ;)

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 11:17 PM »

This is true...

Kun magkaka isa ang market na hindi bumili ng made in China lalo na yung china brand products.... Pero malabo mangyari dahil marami ng kapitalista mula iba ibang bansa ang lumipat na ng kanilang planta... sa mga kadahilanang binanggit ni ka Tony.

Kung sa tanong na china brand products lang hindi pa panahon at di seguro mangyayari. Meron pagkakaiba ang china made at china brand.
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #19 on: Jan 07, 2015 at 12:53 AM »
Kung sa tanong na china brand products lang hindi pa panahon at di seguro mangyayari. Meron pagkakaiba ang china made at china brand.

May mga strong China brands sa IT like Lenovo, Huawei and ZTE. Their products are used by many companies for mission critical applications.

As for food/beverages, Tsingtao, Panda Brand (maker of things like Lee Kum Kee), Shanghai Maling, Guan Sheng Yuan Food (maker of sweets like White Rabbit/Golden Rabbit), Aji Ichiban (they are Chinese despite the Japanese name), etc. have identifiable products abroad that people buy.

For appliances and consumer electronics, TCL, Gree, Changhong, Haier, Hisense, Midea, etc. are slowly gaining traction overseas.

For apparel, there's Peak, Giordano, Anta, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2015 at 01:21 AM by Stagea »

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 07, 2015 at 01:11 AM »
These brands will only gain the vast market ground if international brands stop producing...

Some brands become popular for varied reasons... But not to patronage the name brand ..
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2015 at 02:52 AM by audiojunkie »
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru