Author Topic: A few questions about UA50HU7000K ( Samsung )  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Resident

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A few questions about UA50HU7000K ( Samsung )
« on: Jan 31, 2015 at 02:46 AM »
First of all my apologies if there is already a thread wherein we can ask this kind of things. But I just want to know so thing about my new TV.

1. Can this TV play smoothly in a ps4 console? I really wanna know this since most of the time this tv would be used in ps4 ( which will be my next " thing " to buy ). As I've read about the input lag, I really was worried as I already bought  :(

2. Any suggestion guys about its picture settings? I really am not an expert on this field, so I really am asking for your knowledge/info's about this one.

Thank you in advance for the people that will reply on my thread.  :D  ( My first post here  O0 )

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: A few questions about UA50HU7000K ( Samsung )
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2015 at 03:12 AM »
You are correct to worry about then input lag of this particular model. If you are into fps, fighting games, racing games - most 4k 2014 models are not for you. Check displaylag.com and you wanna look for something 40ms and below for input lag.

Now for movies, you might be satisfied despite the fact that this is sammy's entry level 4k display.
When i went tv shopping last november, my choices were narrowed to this model and the sony 50w800b. I chose the later despite it just being a 1080 display.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline Resident

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2015 at 03:34 AM »
Thank you for your reply Sir. Well I really was rooting for 50w800b but it was a bit expensive plus the things that it does not have the 4k display, that's why I did choose the 50HU7000 :( . Any thing that can/could somehow bring down the input lag Sir?

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2015 at 09:36 AM »
Well... There is always game mode and turning off all the other video processing features. Tapos adjust picture settings na lang para di masyado pangit yung colors.

And congrats btw. Your blus and hd material are gonna look awesome there! Hope you get to try it out with some 4k material.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline Resident

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2015 at 01:50 AM »
Thanks  :D . Well as for the " video processing features ", do you have any knowledge on what are those. as I am a new Samsung user ( had my first HDTV from LG ) . Again thank you for the replies  ^-^