Author Topic: Samsung 43H4900 Plasma - Beautiful Picture TV  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Valiente

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • "Separating what I need from what I want."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung 43H4900 Plasma - Beautiful Picture TV
« on: May 16, 2015 at 07:05 AM »
          Let me establish first my TV history journey. Panasonic 14" Black and White CRT during my college years - still alive at this time, staying at my mothers' bedroom.  Got my job, bought Panasonic 21" CRT Color TV with Subwoofer- simply a TV with big sound, my father loves the sound of this TV. This TV serves our living room TV. Also, got myself a PC with 17" Viewsonic CRT Color Monitor, placed it inside my bedroom. Since I have no TV inside my room, got external video processor and attach it to 17" Viewsonic CRT Monitor, and wowed me with accurate colors from a TV, way better than the colors of our Panasonic. Viewsonic CRT Monitor died, bought an 11" HP DM1 laptop. This laptop has a widescreen, high definition LED screen - beautiful screen but only on one angle, on other angles its color changes unlike with my CRT. LED monitor has angle issues so I look for used CRT to replace my Viewsonic. Found a used LG IBM CRT at a store for 700 pesos, made my eyes happy again. The 17" LG IBM CRT is as accurate as my 17" Viewsonic CRT Monitor. Point 1 of my experience: Computer CRT Monitors are giving accurate realistic colors than the normal CRT TV.

I love these CRT Monitors. My LG CRT Monitor is still my TV in bedroom for my TV cable viewing.  Love CRT a lot, found a new old stock 21" Sony Trinitron TV and place it in our living room to replace the very loyal and faithful Panasonic Color TV. Our family missed it a lot. My father missed the big sound of subwoofer. However, in terms of accurate colors, Sony has it more than the Panasonic. Sony CRT TV can matches the realistic colors of my LG IBM monitor TV. Now, as an internet articles reader too, read that Plasma TV provides the realistic colors for a bigger TV, saved money for 3 years, and bought a plasma TV after its last year of production 2014. I don't wanna miss this TV technology. I have been a big fan of CRT Technology for many years. Enter the new technology for my eyes.

Samsung 43H4900, a very big TV for my eyes, is simply a beautiful picture TV. It's as if my LG IBM CRT Monitor expanded into a big monitor. This TV occupied a space inside my bedroom. This TV is for bedroom only because I still prefer our 21" Sony CRT TV for analog TV cable. Point 2: For whom is the 43H4900 Plasma TV? It is for a movie fan, when I brought the Plasma TV home, it's as if I brought the movie theatre in our house in a smaller factor. I watched movies at movie theatre only. I rarely watch films at our home. The audio and video experience at a movie theatre of high quality is simply top notch. I prefer 2D than 3D movies.  As of this time, I simply attached the Plasma TV in my HP DM1 laptop via HDMI connection, used VLC Player. I can adjust the screen and crop ratio so that screen is fully filled up. Image retention is the problem of this beautiful screen TV so I stay away from black bars. Also I stay away too from connecting this to cable TV because the static or immovable logos of HBO, ABS-CBN and others might also contribute to burn-in. Plus, there are only few HD channels yet available in our place.

To summarize, Samsung 43H4900 Plasma TV - a TV with beautiful pictures, for a movie fan.
"Simple life is the best!"
"Health is the first wealth!"
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung 43H4900 Plasma - Beautiful Picture TV
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2015 at 08:41 PM »
This Plasma TV continuously impresses my eyes every time I watch a movie. Simply a worthy experience.

May I quote from an article I have read from internet by Geoff Morrison, HD Guru:

"The single most important aspect of picture quality is contrast ratio. This is the difference between the brightest part of the image, and the darkest. It’s what gives the image depth and realism. A high contrast ratio can make an image look three dimensional (without even being “3D”). A low contrast ratio will look flat and washed out.

Contrast ratio is also the greatest difference between displays of any type. Detail, noise, color, and other aspects of picture quality have all gotten very good in the past few years. Contrast ratio has gotten better as well, but not to the same extent. There’s still a wide discrepancy.

But wait! You say. LED LCD manufacturers hype 1,000,000:1 contrast ratios! Surely that’s enough. Well, if that were true, it would be. The thing is, they all lie. No contrast ratio you’ve ever seen from a manufacturer has anything to do with what you see on screen. In objective measurements of production TVs, plasmas almost always have a better contrast ratio than any LCD."

Pictures on this plasma TV seems like 3D pictures.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2015 at 08:43 PM by Valiente »
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline boglers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:35 PM »
Its on sale at sm appliance P16,950. Tempted to buy it.... I have a pana 42pv70h plasma. Still very good at 7 years and counting
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM by boglers »
Panasonic 42PV70H
ONKYO-505
Pio-DV600
Wharfs 9.1/DFS/CS
US A

Offline ngek2x

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2015 at 04:52 PM »
nakakatemp naman yang 17k for 43inch plasma tv.
saw the 43F4900 last year in SM Moa (19k sale price), and napakaganda ng PQ nito even if HD Ready lang sya.
i have 51H5000 in our living room,and parang gusto ko ito para sa kwarto. :D

@boglers
hanggang kailan po sale nito?

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2015 at 04:53 PM by ngek2x »

Offline supermanster

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2015 at 05:07 PM »
Its on sale at sm appliance P16,950. Tempted to buy it.... I have a pana 42pv70h plasma. Still very good at 7 years and counting

Saan branch po ng SM appliance nyo nakita sir? Salamats

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2016 at 06:48 PM »
This plasma TV is really one of my best tech gadgets of all time. I am always excited to go home to watch all of my downloaded best movies from torrent sites. My 64gb USB Flashdrive simply pairs well with this TV. My jaws dropped on some movies with best resolution like 1920 x 1080. Amazing colors. Superb TV for the money. I bought this May 2015, now its February 2016, simply a great adventure for me. I highly recommend this TV for people who would like to watch the best movies downloaded from torrent sites, saved on USB flashdrive, and let the TV play. All I can is WOW TV! The best time I watch is 5 to 6 AM and then 4 to 6 PM. Simply good, no reflections. Again, I love this TV. I will care this TV till it reaches 25 years old! This TV is a treasure.
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2016 at 06:50 PM by Valiente »
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"