Author Topic: Nvidia shield console  (Read 99727 times)

Offline xxadonisxx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nvidia shield console
« Reply #210 on: Jan 28, 2017 at 08:01 AM »
dami mo games, installed.  do you have the 16BROM or the 500?  or are you using a flashdrive extension?

how's the HDR upgrade fare when watching movies?

TIA!
I have the 16 gb version original version then nilagyan ko ng 64 gb micro sd at inadopt ko sya as internal storage nung naka marshmallow os ako kaya naging 80 gb total space ko. Then meron ako usb thumb drive na 8gb nakasaksak sa isang usb slot doon nakalagay mga roms ko para sa emulators, then sa isang usb slot meron nakalagay na receiver para sa wireless kb/mouse ko, then meron pa sya vacant micro usb port if ever gusto ko magsaksak ng additional external hard drive. Lahat kasi movies ko naka kabit sa router ko na asus ac-87u at ini stream ko lang using spmc. The hdr is working well in both amazon and netflix, ang kagandahan lang nde ko na ginagamit roku ultra ko kasi kaya na ni shield gawin lahat ng streaming needs ko. Oh and another imporant update in android nougat is pwede na iforce sa yuv 4:4:4 12 bit ang color space. Yup madami ako installed games siguro mga 30, tapos mga games na pag aari mo sa google playstore sa phone ppwede mo din install sa shield.

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Jan 28, 2017 at 08:02 AM »
I got the notification last night.

But I wont be updating in a week or so.

But in general, the reception of the update is positive.

By the way, what VPN do you use?

I did not use any vpn in doing the update also i am using smart dns

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Jan 28, 2017 at 08:04 AM »
+1 on this. Wala akong pre installed na amazon video
TURN OFF LOCATION SETTING, and voila amazon video will show! You can thank me later hehe

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Jan 28, 2017 at 08:07 AM »
no good news I received from Benstore via email this morning...

they said they cancelled my order due to 10% initial payment wasn't sent...  DUH!  it's supposedly COD and I still got no invoice nor any email instructions about this advance 10%... it even took them 6days to tell me this.

anywho, perhaps their online selling procedures are still immature.. their website even says incoming stocks on 27th-Jan, but it's already afternoon and no update yet if already "in-stock" LOLz!

maybe this may not be for me at this time.  I'd just check elsewhere to get this =))

Just buy in amazon for $199 and have it shipped to lbc shipping cart less burden and hassle

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #214 on: Jan 28, 2017 at 02:46 PM »
TURN OFF LOCATION SETTING, and voila amazon video will show! You can thank me later hehe

Ayos. Thanks sir!

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #215 on: Jan 28, 2017 at 06:54 PM »
Just buy in amazon for $199 and have it shipped to lbc shipping cart less burden and hassle

yes sir, I'm thinking of this route =))

I'll send you PM sir, if you don't mind TIA!

Offline shoestrings

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #216 on: Jan 28, 2017 at 10:50 PM »

can anyone compare kung saan mas mura.. kung LBC Shipping Cart route ba or JAC?  active pa kaya si YAB ng JAC? Thanks.
I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 12:38 AM »
can they both be called?  or trial shipping online?  as checked, this NSATV may weigh around 8kgs.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #218 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 01:06 AM »
can they both be called?  or trial shipping online?  as checked, this NSATV may weigh around 8kgs.

hahaha 8kg? That is going to be super expensive.

JAC has  a online chat help.  You can ask questions real time by chat or get in touch with Trixie at Jac. I have sent several through JAC and she is always the one I get to talk to.

Last time I sent something through JAC was almost a year ago. Maybe things are different now or Trixie left.

I had mine shipped using JAC and it cost 1.8k even with the amazon box 1.5 years ago.

How did you arrive at the 8kg equivalent of the Volumentric weight?
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2017 at 01:09 AM by DPT »

Offline shoestrings

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #219 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 01:45 AM »

Ako rin madalas mag JAC dati pero natigil na. Not sure connected parin ba si YAB sa JAC pdvd member siya. She used to give discounts.
afaik sa JAC pag electronics $7/lb parin.
checking sa amazon site nasa 3.8lb daw eh. yung PRO nasa 4.4lb.

I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 12:05 PM »

hahaha 8kg? That is going to be super expensive.

JAC has  a online chat help.  You can ask questions real time by chat or get in touch with Trixie at Jac. I have sent several through JAC and she is always the one I get to talk to.

Last time I sent something through JAC was almost a year ago. Maybe things are different now or Trixie left.

I had mine shipped using JAC and it cost 1.8k even with the amazon box 1.5 years ago.

How did you arrive at the 8kg equivalent of the Volumentric weight?

haha misquoted by BenStorePC... stupid pala dun LOLz!

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 01:00 PM »
masters, need your advise..

in case I could source the 2015 model rather than the 2017, would it still be good?  TIA!

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 01:27 PM »

in case I could source the 2015 model rather than the 2017, would it still be good?  TIA!
Personally I prefer the 2015 model than the 2017. The 2017 is not an upgrade but a downgrade. It has less connectivity ports,  no micro USB,  no headphones jack on remote. Only the game controller on the 2017 is worth buying. Sorry I cannot help you on your request I am too busy.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 01:56 PM »

Buying 2015 model is more costly IMHO.  It is better in terms of hardware features, The things that are missing on the 2017 are the  Micro sd and IR receiver, that is if you have a Harmony remote. 

But you will not get the free  remote and the new controller with rumble support if you buy the 2015 shield . 

If i have to choose between the 16 gb  2015 and  16 gb 2017. I most probably get 2017. I have never used the Micro sd slot of the IR receiver since I do not own a harmony remote and no plans of buying one.

What I use is a usb hub and have my IR remotes and other devices connected.

In short, i just use the usb 3.0 port for all of my devices.

If you need to use the headphone jack for private listening. The 2017 controller has a head phone jack.

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2017 at 02:01 PM by DPT »

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 08:40 PM »
Buying 2015 model is more costly IMHO.  It is better in terms of hardware features, The things that are missing on the 2017 are the  Micro sd and IR receiver, that is if you have a Harmony remote. 

But you will not get the free  remote and the new controller with rumble support if you buy the 2015 shield . 

If i have to choose between the 16 gb  2015 and  16 gb 2017. I most probably get 2017. I have never used the Micro sd slot of the IR receiver since I do not own a harmony remote and no plans of buying one.

What I use is a usb hub and have my IR remotes and other devices connected.

In short, i just use the usb 3.0 port for all of my devices.

If you need to use the headphone jack for private listening. The 2017 controller has a head phone jack.

Meron headphone jack sa lumang shield tv na game controller
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2017 at 08:44 PM by pipo_4321 »

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 10:06 PM »
thank you, thank you, masters for your responses...  whichever I get one first, I guess will be the one in my possession.

for now, I would also just use the USB 3.0 ports and Plex streaming from my laptop.  I checked branded quality micro-SD cards and seems they are more expensive than 3.0 USB flashdrives.

2017 appears to be cheaper, has a smaller form factor, has better looking controller and free remote
  -- but has lesser 3.0 USB port and has no micro-SD port

2015 is like the size of a letter bond paper, has a larger controller and no free remote
  -- but has +1 3.0 USB port and has micro-SD port (this may be useful too)
  -- will cost me P3,000 if I buy an orig remote but I think there are cheaper replacements for this

as performance, features and support are equally the same, I think any one will do for me, then =))

would anyone know who to contact locally for the warranty?  thanks again!

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 11:44 PM »
thank you, thank you, masters for your responses...  whichever I get one first, I guess will be the one in my possession.

for now, I would also just use the USB 3.0 ports and Plex streaming from my laptop.  I checked branded quality micro-SD cards and seems they are more expensive than 3.0 USB flashdrives.

2017 appears to be cheaper, has a smaller form factor, has better looking controller and free remote

2015 is like the size of a letter bond paper, has a larger controller and no free remote
  -- will cost me P3,000 if I buy an orig remote but I think there are cheaper replacements for this

as performance, features and support are equally the same, I think any one will do for me, then =))

mas maganda nga yung bagong controller compared sa luma..

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 12:27 AM »

Both 2015 and 2017 have 2 usb 3.0 ports

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 07:08 AM »
The only things missing on the 2017 model but is on the 2015 model are:
1. Micro SD port
2. Micro USB port
3. Infra red port usable by a harmony remote
4. The thin remote of the 2017 model has no earphone jack
5.the controllers of the 2017 connects via Bluetooth whereas 2015 models connect via WiFi.

Offline pits101

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:

Offline giankoski

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 03:20 PM »
Pwede ba ito mag play ng movies/series directly sa NAS or thru  ? Even if di ganon ka powerful yon NAS ko ?
Model nia is DLink DNS320L and I am currently using AppleTV4.

Pag 1080p movies ok pero pag 4k na nag stutter na siya.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 03:26 PM »
masyado malaki ang 4k files including high bitrate.. if thru WIFI NAS, magbabagal/stutter nga yan.

best to play it directly thru your AppleTV4 via harddisk/flashdrive on its USB 3.0 port.

let us know if it improves =))

Offline jvincentm3

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #232 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 03:27 PM »
ot: saan pwedeng makabili nitong nvidia shield? i promised my son last year na bilhan ko sya.
•Samsung 43F4900•Bose Acoustimass 6•Bose 201 V•Denon X500+Sys5.1•PS4•Unblock Tech Gen•PCH A-410 4TB

Offline giankoski

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 03:52 PM »
masyado malaki ang 4k files including high bitrate.. if thru WIFI NAS, magbabagal/stutter nga yan.

best to play it directly thru your AppleTV4 via harddisk/flashdrive on its USB 3.0 port.

let us know if it improves =))

i'll try that pero possible ba sa Nvidia Shield mag play directly (internal storage) ng movies ? Or if thru NAS ang library mo nag transcode or decode nia yon movie to be playable sa NVIDIA Shield.

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 04:07 PM »
i'll try that pero possible ba sa Nvidia Shield mag play directly (internal storage) ng movies ? Or if thru NAS ang library mo nag transcode or decode nia yon movie to be playable sa NVIDIA Shield.
To give you idea ang 1tb hard disk ko nakakabit sa Asus rt-ac87u na router ko then yung shield ko naka lan cable papunta sa router,  mas gusto ko wired para Less interference at mas reliable ang data transfer kayang kaya naman mga 4k HDR downloaded samples ko. Pwede mo din ikabit yung hardisk diretso sa shield at gawin mong server ang shield thru plex

Offline giankoski

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 04:52 PM »
To give you idea ang 1tb hard disk ko nakakabit sa Asus rt-ac87u na router ko then yung shield ko naka lan cable papunta sa router,  mas gusto ko wired para Less interference at mas reliable ang data transfer kayang kaya naman mga 4k HDR downloaded samples ko. Pwede mo din ikabit yung hardisk diretso sa shield at gawin mong server ang shield thru plex

Cool so pwede pala siya na actual Plex Media Server kasi sa appletv  ko pra maging possible yon dpat my naka install na plugin sa NAS ko and hndi  kaya ng DLINK NAS ko ang transcoding at direct play since low end nas lng gamit ko sa case pala ng NVIDIA Shield pwede siya mag direct play at transcode ng media using yung NVIDIA Shield mismo. Thanks sa info....

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Jan 30, 2017 at 04:59 PM »
ot: saan pwedeng makabili nitong nvidia shield? i promised my son last year na bilhan ko sya.

Benstore or sa amazon

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Jan 31, 2017 at 03:12 PM »
looks like available na sa Benstore..  but I found I hate them.

- website nila madali mag-place ng order pero hindi malinaw na sinabing may 10% initial payment pala kung COD.. i find this DUH!
   - I tried to re-place an order and opt for "store pick-up" instead.  mukhang may 10% initial payment din kasi yung status ng order ko is same dun sa previous COD order ko
   - it didn't move status in 2-days, so I tried to find a CANCEL order option.  wala sa website.  so I emailed them to cancel it.  took 2-days after nag-confirm na cancel na order ko
- nahihinaan ako sa sales people nila

note: I haven't talked to them.  'coz I tried to call twice, both failed.

kung ipipilit ko na sa Benstore parin kukuha, I would rather drop by their store in Sta. Cruz Manila.  I think this is better for my questions can be answered face-to-face =))  and once I pay in cash, mai-uwe ko narin agad yung unit.  =))

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Feb 01, 2017 at 05:08 AM »
^mag amazon route ka na lang mas mura pa and it is worth the wait just like what I did

Offline flashDB

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #239 on: Feb 01, 2017 at 05:11 AM »
^mag amazon route ka na lang mas mura pa and it is worth the wait just like what I did
Sir pano kayo nag order, padala dito? Tnx

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk