Author Topic: Which Bookshelf is best for music  (Read 9783 times)

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
Re: Which Bookshelf is best for music
« Reply #30 on: Aug 24, 2015 at 05:01 PM »
markcrenz also has a point that a floorstander can also sound good in a small room.  And based on my experience, it can be done, but one has to have that small room in good acoustical condition.  And most small rooms needs a lot of treatment in order for the big speaker to sound right.  A friend of mine has a relatively small room and he acquired a highly rated and in the real sense highly regarded/awarded speaker.  Whenever we have our listening sessions, we can't get the speaker to a certain gain level in order to have a flat response.  It's either the bass is all over and becomes boomy or the mids are right in your face.  The dimensionalilty in the presention of the music gets lost or should I say it's just loud and not musical anymore.  My friend had to look for a smaller size speaker that would perform optimally in his room size. 

Wala pa rin.

Maganda yung post ni JoeyGS, very informative, marami kang mapupulot. Though I have to disagree on the "A powerful floorstander will not sound good in a very small room" statement. I have a pair of 3-way FS with twin 8" woofers and it sounds great in my 120 sqft room. Oh wait this is a BS thread so I'll stop there.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2015 at 05:26 PM by JoeyGS »

Offline avchix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Dec 20, 2015 at 09:36 AM »
Hi masters, kailangan ko tulong nyo:

1. Anthony Audio Apocalypse
2. Polk Audio rtiA3
3. Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo One
4.Open for other options on sub 20k price range.

I will use it purely on music listening lang, will be driven by Marantz/Pioneer AVR for the meantime habang hunting mode pa ng stereo amp. :)

Thanks in advance mga sir.
jHULZ
Musta ka na?
OB ka ba?
Alam mo nag order ako ng Sony Bookshelf speakers:http://goo.gl/Bb0Hq1
1 pair, iuuwi ko pa lang maganda reviews bagay para hanap mo
Ano sa tingin mo?
May second thought kasi ako dito, may nakita ako sa Lazada na FS:http://goo.gl/QdTQXi, okay kaya to?
Naisip ko kasi sa bookshelf kailangan ko pa ng stands
Type mo ba? Para sayo BNIB - ₱8,500.00 bigay ko, otherwise sa iba ₱9,200.00
BTW, very profound 'tong reply mo, worthy ng pagkakakilala ko sa 'yo.
Just out of curiosity, naisip mo lang ba to?
Nyahaha!!! I told you this is the worst disease
Agree with you master markcrenz, just as you know that there is no edge in the universe but if you were given a chance to explore it you can always tell the people "that is the FARTHEST I've discovered" ;)

Now, refer to my first post which one is BEST?

[email protected]

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2016 at 07:09 PM »
why not try paradigm atoms or mini monitor

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2016 at 10:27 AM »
It may not be the best at hindi dahil meron ako, pero sa mga speakers na napakinggan ko, aprub sa akin ang B&W DM302 (with Dared MP5) esp sa small room - mura pa. Palagay ko mas gaganda pa ang tunog sa mas beefy tube amp.

Yun nga lang bihira mo na makikita sa marketplace.

Btw, hindi trained ang mga tenga ko, ;) .

Offline mykel18

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2016 at 10:37 AM »
If you can extend your budget a bit then get the Rega RS1. Ito ang pinakagusto kong budget speaker.
HT: JBL | A&D | Denon | LG
Audio: Naim | DeVore Fidelity | Roksan | Dynavector

Offline junbathan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2016 at 01:03 PM »
Audition them all then let your own ears decide what works for you the best. Rank them then put the price, then now you can choose the best sounding (using your own ears) that you can afford.

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2016 at 07:11 PM »
try mo sir folded horn type speakers, maganda sa music.  although not classified as bookshelf.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2016 at 12:38 AM »
It may not be the best at hindi dahil meron ako, pero sa mga speakers na napakinggan ko, aprub sa akin ang B&W DM302 (with Dared MP5) esp sa small room - mura pa. Palagay ko mas gaganda pa ang tunog sa mas beefy tube amp.

Yun nga lang bihira mo na makikita sa marketplace.

Btw, hindi trained ang mga tenga ko, ;) .

I just love the 302. It can punch out a performance equivalent to one or two tiers above its price point. Its three dimensionality is superb and its not in any way tiring to listen to. The presentation may lack the scale of a full blown orchestra but for a small room it is hard to beat for its price.

The only downside is the lack of bass. Tried powering mine with a variety of amps: 50watts x 2 SS integrated amp, a 400w x 2 SS power amp and a 15watt tube amp. The best result was the tube amp augmented by a powered sub that can go toe to toe with the speed of the 302. 
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat