Author Topic: Do you remember when Blu-ray first came out?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
Do you remember when Blu-ray first came out?
« on: Sep 07, 2015 at 03:29 PM »
It has been almost ten years since Blu-ray technology (BDs and BD players) was introduced to the general public.

The high definition format war ensued: it was BD vs. HD DVD. When the dust settled and BD was declared the victor, I went ahead and plunged into the HD experience. This was a few years before I learned about PinoyDVD. It was in May 2009 when I won my 1st BD from eBay-US (24 Season 7); a few weeks later I got my first player which is a Sony BDP S550 US version from eBay PH. Mahal pa noon- the BD set was more than US$40 (w/ shipping) while the player cost me P17,000.

24 Season 7 was followed by I, Robot, then Troy; the rest is history. The Sony player is still my primary player and still in perfect condition like it is on the day I picked it up from the eBay seller's house. Since then I got two more players- one as a backup while the other is for region B discs.

Fast forward 2015 and a new blu-ray format extension (UltraHD BD) will be introduced. Looking back, do you still remember how you reacted when BD first came out? What was you first blu-ray purchase? Your first BD player?
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2015 at 09:29 AM by edwn1220 »
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.