Author Topic: Vignete type on the sides of bigger screen LED TV's  (Read 1124 times)

Offline rivro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Vignete type on the sides of bigger screen LED TV's
« on: Oct 28, 2015 at 03:33 PM »
Hi,

Would like to ask, Is it normal for a bigger screen ( 45inches up LED screens ) na magkaroon nang vignetting sa sides nya?
The salesman said its normal dahil daw sa slim border ng LED tv.

Mag purchase na sana ako, kaso nung nag test na, yun ang una ko napuna na darker sa color yung sides... OK lang ba yung ganun or me sira na yung screen nito?

Hope anyone could reply. Thanks!

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Vignete type on the sides of bigger screen LED TV's
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2015 at 04:06 PM »
^ IMHO hindi normal ang ganyan..I mean mag ddesign ba sila ng TV na me ganyan?

Not sure if backlit bleed din yan..Kindle Paperwhite alam ko me ganyan instance ung iba..parang me shadow sa sides..

Lalo na pag napuna mo na..you cannot unsee hehehe
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2015 at 04:07 PM by disturbed »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2015 at 05:19 PM »
Hi,

Would like to ask, Is it normal for a bigger screen ( 45inches up LED screens ) na magkaroon nang vignetting sa sides nya?
The salesman said its normal dahil daw sa slim border ng LED tv.

Mag purchase na sana ako, kaso nung nag test na, yun ang una ko napuna na darker sa color yung sides... OK lang ba yung ganun or me sira na yung screen nito?

Hope anyone could reply. Thanks!

Sira ang LED TV na yon sir.

Slim LEDs are edge-lit, meaning the led back lights are only on the 4 edges - top, bottom, left and right, with a clear plastic sheet, called a light guide, that helps distribute the edge lights more evenly to the rest of the screen.  The light guide cannot distribute the light perfectly, so you should expect the LED light to be darker in the center when viewing a dark picture in a dark room.  The bigger the screen, the more noticeable the imperfection.

Local dimming edge-lit LED TVs automatically dim the top, bottom, left or right light, depending on the picture displayed.  It dims the top and bottom to give the appearance of darker top and bottom black bars of a widescreen picture, and dims the sides to give darker side black bars of a 4:3 picture.

In the case of that display unit, I suspect that the side edge lights are not working, that's why the sides are darker than the rest of the picture.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2015 at 05:27 PM by barrister »

Offline rivro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2015 at 03:25 PM »
Thanks sa reply. Buti nalang at hindi ko kinuha ung unit. 50in na devant ung kukunin ko sana sa may festival mall. Masyado kasi darker in color ung sides nya.. kaya nagulat ako bat ganun. Eto kasi 32" na philips kasi walang ganun. Again thanks sa reply!