Author Topic: Opinions: Golden Lion Matched Quad KT88 v.s. PSVANE Hifi Matched Quad KT88  (Read 1883 times)

Offline jurgenestanislao

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Guys,

New to tube rolling here and I just wanted to get your opinions before I make any purchases. I'm currently using a Cayin A-55TP with stock KT88s, 12au7s, and 12ax7s.

Based on my basic understanding I need to change my preamp tubes to give my amplifier a little bit more of depth and possibly a bigger soundstage. At the same time, I also wanted to experiment how changing the power tubes altogether would impact the output.

I wanted to try and see how I can extend the output of my amplifier by changing the tubes, haven't thought about having the caps changed yet or anything as I know that would also contribute to some improvements. Overall, I wanted to get "creamier" output from my amplifier as I mostly listen to jazz, soul, vocals, and some soft rock.

Based on what I've been reading online, it seems like the Genalex Golden Lions and the PSVANE series of tubes are pretty go for. Any comments from those who have more experience?
Music is relative to your ears and to your budget.

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
try changing the 12au7s, and 12ax7s first.
If you are in the New Manila area, I can lend you some tubes for tube rolling... it will save you mucho dinero.

Shoot me a PM for details.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2015 at 10:16 PM by CoolTOYZPH »
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline jurgenestanislao

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
try changing the 12au7s, and 12ax7s first.
If you are in the New Manila area, I can lend you some tubes for tube rolling... it will save you mucho dinero.

Shoot me a PM for details.
Pm sent!
Music is relative to your ears and to your budget.

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7153
live with your amp for at least 6 months so the two of you get acquainted well, then afterwards, you can make a move....;)
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....