Author Topic: Priestly abuse in the Philippines  (Read 15226 times)

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Priestly abuse in the Philippines
« Reply #90 on: Apr 20, 2016 at 01:29 PM »
For those wanting to delve deeper into this degrading, inhuman controversy, I have up for sale a PHOTOCOPY volume EARL WILKINSON'S suppressed PEOPLE, PRIEST & PEDOPHILE. I can only sell photocopied duplicates because the book is hopelessly out of print and has been "purged" by the CBCP. Unsold copies, especially those that have not been taken by retailers like Solidaridad Bookstore, was "stockaded" in Wilkinson's home in Manila and he was forced to store it down to his toilet. This is the only exposure that I know who dared tell the molestation and rape atrocities of Catholic priests against helpless children, 99% of the victims being boys. Alice Go #09202-833-970...

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7166
« Reply #91 on: Apr 20, 2016 at 05:23 PM »
No but the CBCP is going around town telling people how to be moral as if mga inosente sila. Hypocrites.

is that wrong?, should they be telling people to be immoral instead?
hypocrites were present during the time of Jesus and even before that....nothing new there....
so what is your problem?
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2016 at 05:23 PM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #92 on: Apr 20, 2016 at 05:42 PM »
is that wrong?, should they be telling people to be immoral instead?
hypocrites were present during the time of Jesus and even before that....nothing new there....
so what is your problem?

For me, it's a problem because they often meddle in politics and try to influence public policy. I would be tolerant of them if they just keep their opinions in the pulpit. Pero hindi eh.  Nakahawak pa rin sila sa bayag ng mga politiko natin.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Apr 20, 2016 at 05:46 PM »
For me, it's a problem because they often meddle in politics and try to influence public policy. I would be tolerant of them if they just keep their opinions in the pulpit. Pero hindi eh.  Nakahawak pa rin sila sa bayag ng mga politiko natin.

which religion never meddled with politics? and what is your proposed solution?
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2016 at 05:47 PM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #94 on: Apr 20, 2016 at 06:46 PM »
arent they all? not only the rcc

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 20, 2016 at 07:49 PM »
which religion never meddled with politics? and what is your proposed solution?

No religion should meddle in politics. There should be a COMPLETE separation of Church and State. My proposed solution: Any Church that endorses a candidate and backs a political party or party-list (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, BUHAY PARTY-LIST) should lose their tax exempt status and be taxed extensively.

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #97 on: Apr 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM »
No religion should meddle in politics. There should be a COMPLETE separation of Church and State. My proposed solution: Any Church that endorses a candidate and backs a political party or party-list (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, BUHAY PARTY-LIST) should lose their tax exempt status and be taxed extensively.

101% agree with you.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 07:19 AM »

yes, you are correct, but religions do, so what are going to do about it? whine?

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #99 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 07:20 AM »
yes, you are correct, but religions do, so what are going to do about it? whine?

I think the correct term would be "inform".

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 07:22 AM »
I think the correct term would be "inform".

sure, that is all we can do....for as long as the religious are people too, things like this happen...

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 11:16 AM »

I'd be perfectly happy if they're just taxed. Yun lang. If you're gonna endorse candidates, form party-lists, speak out against bills being passed etc. you should pay taxes. Bunganga sila ng bunganga sa politika, hypokrito na sila, hindi pa nagbabayad ng buwis. Eh di magbayad sila ng buwis. Put their money where their mouth is. Okay na ako dun.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 11:18 AM »
they are now being taxed according to Kim Henares, at least their business activities...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #103 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 03:40 PM »
No but the CBCP is going around town telling people how to be moral as if mga inosente sila. Hypocrites.

It's their role to tell people how to be moral otherwise sino ang pwedeng magsabi sa tao kung ano ang tama't mali kung ang pakikinggan mo lang ay ang taong walang pagkakamali. Wala naman taong hindi nagkakamali. Kung meron man naging tao na hindi nagkamali, willing ka bang pakinggan siya?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 05:49 PM »
It's their role to tell people how to be moral otherwise sino ang pwedeng magsabi sa tao kung ano ang tama't mali kung ang pakikinggan mo lang ay ang taong walang pagkakamali. Wala naman taong hindi nagkakamali. Kung meron man naging tao na hindi nagkamali, willing ka bang pakinggan siya?

si Kristo isinilang na walang kasalanan....

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #105 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 06:41 PM »
si Kristo isinilang na walang kasalanan....

Yeah! I partially agree naman with KW pero kasi lahat ng tao may kapintasan or kasalanan. Kung ang sasabihan natin na before ka magturo ng mali, kailangan hindi ka nagkakamali, then that would only point out to a diety. So the question mould be, will you listen to that person who is blameless?

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #106 on: Apr 21, 2016 at 08:53 PM »
CBCP strangely quiet about one of their priests facing rape charges.

Strangely quiet?  What's so strange about withholding comment until the priest's guilt is conclusively determined?

The article states:

CBCP seals its lips on Butuan priest's pending rape charges but vocal about Duterte's 'Rape Comment
The Church is quick to vocally criticize other people's morality but quiet when their priest are involved

Here's the difference between the two incidents:

(a) The priest denies the accusations against him. Therefore, as of now, we don't know if the accusations are true or not.

(b) In contrast, Duterte's statement was caught on video, the authenticity of which he admits.  Therefore, as of now, the fact that Duterte uttered that statement about the alleged rape-murder victim is undisputedly true.

The CBCP declined to comment about an alleged incident that is denied by the priest, but the CBCP commented about a statement that is admitted by Duterte

There is no parallelism between the two incidents, so the allegation of hypocrisy against the CBCP is without basis.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Oct 05, 2018 at 07:48 AM »
^^^why am i not surprised???

Jose Rizal was martyred at the Luneta for his two novels exposing the corruption of the spanish friars...

Jim Jones, David Koresh, and many other cults....what is new under the sun???

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Sep 10, 2019 at 02:29 PM »
that is good throw the book at him and send him to jail, that is how justice needed to be..

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #111 on: Sep 11, 2019 at 06:32 PM »
U.S. priest arrested in Philippine village.

A priest sexually abuse boys for decades.... Tsk tsk tsk a gay pedophile priest...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Sep 12, 2019 at 06:42 AM »
such episodes are not limited to the RC, all churches and religious aggregations have their share of corruptions, after all, they are only humans and subject to human frailties, send them all to jail...