Author Topic: LED 86 with 1 month warranty VS RD 806 with 6 months warranty? Which is better?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline DPT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I am thinking of buying a LED 86+ for movie viewing. But the lazada seller only offers 7 days replacement and 1 month warranty.

Isnt that a deal breaker?  especially some RD 806 sellers are offering 6 months warranty for almost the same specs and price?

Which do you think is a better deal. Led 86+ with 1 month warranty? or a RD 806 with a 6 months warranty?

Is Led 86 really that good over the Rd 806 that people are willing to go with its 1 month warranty?

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
What kind of warranty are they offering, if Service warranty lang, that is pretty much the same as no warranty to me as you would be paying for the parts which is the expensive item.

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
You may also want to look at the RD 808

Offline LouPah

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I am thinking of buying a LED 86+ for movie viewing. But the lazada seller only offers 7 days replacement and 1 month warranty.

Isnt that a deal breaker?  especially some RD 806 sellers are offering 6 months warranty for almost the same specs and price?

Which do you think is a better deal. Led 86+ with 1 month warranty? or a RD 806 with a 6 months warranty?

Is Led 86 really that good over the Rd 806 that people are willing to go with its 1 month warranty?

When you go online purchased, forget the warranty! This is only useful  when you go shopping our local stores. You have to gamble it, nothing is perfect in every electronic products, not even in most known brands. My first Led projector lasts 4-years and a couple of months before the power supply gave-up. My Led86 is almost a year now, still perform well. Rd 806 and Led86 have almost the same specifications, but I prefer the total look on Led86, it has clean and elegant looking than RD 806.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
They are offering 6 months parts and service  warranty on both rd 806 and rd 808.

I am planning to use either led 86, rd 806 or 808 on a 14 sq meter room with a 80 to 100 inch screen.

Do you guys think these woukd be too bright? Right now i am using a lg ph300 mini proj. I am looking for a brightnesz upgrade.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
That is also beng used in a totally dark room

Offline LouPah

• Collector
  • Liked:
As I said, my Led86 is almost a year now, but still perform well like new. So 6-months warranty is useless in my situation.
I have a dual screen in my living room, 92" 16:9 aspect ratio as my main display, where Led 86C originally hangs-up. The brightness is fair enough for 92" screen with ambient lights. Then I tried to fire the projector to my 60" projector screen at the other side of my living room, and the brightness now can hold to its own even if all lights are open. So ngayon ginagawa ko cyang tv for daily used, until I can upgrade into 1080p projector to my 92" screen. ;D ;D ;D

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
totally dark room with white walls is a bright room :)

That is also beng used in a totally dark room

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
I guess led86 or RD 806/808 is not really that bright for a dark room.

Just curious I tried using vivid mode on a 300 lumens projector. It hurt my eyes. I am not sure if it is the additional brightness or the actually image that a vivid mode setting is designed to display.

Any of you have experienced uneasiness when watching a movie on vivid mode even on your projectors?

Offline LouPah

• Collector
  • Liked:
Your Lg 300 lumens portable projector is different technology, its DLP right? Led 86 is an LCD so maraming mga features sa Lg mo na wala dto sa Led 86, baka ma-disappoint ka lang. I've read about lg projectors have good color image. The only main advantage of Led 86 is bright and cheap for its performance.

Actually, I don't like watching movies in total darkness. I enjoying my projector with ambient lights, so you have to make some efforts to treat your room just like a home-theater.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
It is indeed DLP. 

I am curious ofthe quality of a lcd projector i am willing to trade a bit of quality to brightness i am selling my ph300 actually to get a lcd projector.

Offline LouPah

• Collector
  • Liked:
It is indeed DLP. 

I am curious ofthe quality of a lcd projector i am willing to trade a bit of quality to brightness i am selling my ph300 actually to get a lcd projector.

Led 86 is really bright for its price category.
How much for your Ph300?

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
I am asking 17000 Pesos.

But I am willing to let it go at 16000 for expediency.