Author Topic: Wyred4sound Recovery USB Reclocker  (Read 3286 times)

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Wyred4sound Recovery USB Reclocker
« on: May 18, 2016 at 05:53 PM »
Finally arrived... will plug tonight and see how it comes out.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
Re: Wyred4sound Recovery USB Reclocker
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016 at 11:13 PM »
Interesting. Will you combine this with the Uptone Regen or make an A/B comparison for them?

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016 at 11:55 PM »
Interesting. Will you combine this with the Uptone Regen or make an A/B comparison for them?
Nope. The Regen has gone to a new home already...
I just plugged it in and I am getting changes I never had with the regen though it is still early to judge. Maybe within a week it should settle. But the drums are oh so good already.

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016 at 11:57 PM »
Congrats Brad! Enjoy!

Pag napadpad ka sa dito sa amin dalhin mo ha.....

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016 at 12:06 AM »
Congrats Brad! Enjoy!

Pag napadpad ka sa dito sa amin dalhin mo ha.....
oo ba....

Offline Cjtjader

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 256
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016 at 12:26 PM »
Another reason for endless night of listening session.....time to revisit your music library, brader. Cheers!  8)
Perspicuus ~ Quietus ~ Consilium ~ Patefacio

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016 at 06:20 PM »
Naalikabukan na yung ano mo brad
Another reason for endless night of listening session.....time to revisit your music library, brader. Cheers!  8)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2017 at 11:06 AM »
This baby is running for more than 50 hours now.. And i must say there's a lot of improvement from an already very good SQ. Those with digital, you should try putting this in your chain..

Others might say Placebo, pero what the heck.. as far as i'm concern mas gumada tunog nya he he he

Walang Setup

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2017 at 11:07 AM »
For digital sources using USB as the connection into the external dac, it is very basic that re-clocking is a must.  You will hear a big difference in sound output quality similar to Courage and timber715's experience.

W4S Recovery utilizes a TCXO for its oscillator Femto clock and it does a good job of minimizing jitter contamination of the audio signal.

In my computer server music source I used Paul Pang's V4 USB Card which is installed in the PCIE slot of the computer mother board and the audio signal will bypass the on-board USB controller.  The V4 USB Card uses an OCXO for its oscillator which also does a similar job with the Recovery.

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2017 at 11:09 AM by JoeyGS »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2017 at 12:07 PM »
For digital sources using USB as the connection into the external dac, it is very basic that re-clocking is a must.  You will hear a big difference in sound output quality similar to Courage and timber715's experience.

W4S Recovery utilizes a TCXO for its oscillator Femto clock and it does a good job of minimizing jitter contamination of the audio signal.

In my computer server music source I used Paul Pang's V4 USB Card which is installed in the PCIE slot of the computer mother board and the audio signal will bypass the on-board USB controller.  The V4 USB Card uses an OCXO for its oscillator which also does a similar job with the Recovery.

Sir Joey, what if i installed that PP USB card to my PC and use that as my connection instead of the builtin USB port, then connect it to recovery, then DAC. May improvement pa kaya? I've been looking at that USB card din kasi..
Walang Setup

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2017 at 12:47 PM »
It can improve or may not ...... but it will not degrade

I do not have the W4S Recovery, but my experience is when I installed the PP USB Card V4, there was night and day difference.  Then, when I install the iFi Audio iPurifier in between the  PP USB Card V4 and the external DAC there was again another big improvement in the sound output.

Since the W4S Recovery is a very good product, I would presume combining it with the PP USB Card V4 it will both provide improvement in the sound output.

Sir Joey, what if i installed that PP USB card to my PC and use that as my connection instead of the builtin USB port, then connect it to recovery, then DAC. May improvement pa kaya? I've been looking at that USB card din kasi..

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2017 at 01:21 PM »
It can improve or may not ...... but it will not degrade

I do not have the W4S Recovery, but my experience is when I installed the PP USB Card V4, there was night and day difference.  Then, when I install the iFi Audio iPurifier in between the  PP USB Card V4 and the external DAC there was again another big improvement in the sound output.

Since the W4S Recovery is a very good product, I would presume combining it with the PP USB Card V4 it will both provide improvement in the sound output.

Sir Joey, may i know how much yan and san mo nabili? Matagal ko na nakikita yan sa net and was thinking of upgrading my USB
Walang Setup