Author Topic: 2016-2017 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 327240 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: 2016-2017 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #750 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 03:05 PM »
GSW blew out the Clippers at the very start of the game.
Actually the Warriors should just have 1 loss for far for the season with that against the Spurs on opening day.
Loss to the Lakers why unnecessary and that loss to the Rockets in 2 OT could have gone either way.
So far so good for them despite critics commenting about how shallow their bench is and their lack of size.
I do recall Miami with the Big 3 in Lbj, Wade and Bosh also didnt have a good bench, a big man and a point guard. They only had Miller, Allen, Battier, Haslem as role player but produced them 4 finals appearances and 2 rings.
With 60 games left for the season, if Kerr can give Mcgee some confidence with more playin time, then they probably have the most athletic big man in the NBA.
Javale Mcgee has the talent, size and length, he can run and sprint the floor better than other big man in the NBA, he can block shots, get rebounds and score in spectalucar dunks as well.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2016 at 04:59 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 364
« Reply #751 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 03:21 PM »
With 60 games left for the season, if Kerr can give Mcgee some confidence with more playin time, then they probably have the most athletic big man in the NBA.
Javale Mcgee has the talent, size and length, he can run and sprint the floor better than other big man in the NBA, he can block shots, get rebounds and score in spectalucar dunks as well.

Brader, there's a reason why Javale McGee has played for 4 teams the past 4 years (waived by 2 of those teams) ........ no denying his physical gifts, but he's an absolute nutcase,

Most athletic big man in the NBA ........ Towns, Whiteside, Gobert, D. Jordan, Drummond, Thompson, Turner, Davis (if pegged at center) and a few others would say otherwise.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #752 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 03:43 PM »
Brader, there's a reason why Javale McGee has played for 4 teams the past 4 years (waived by 2 of those teams) ........ no denying his physical gifts, but he's an absolute nutcase,

Most athletic big man in the NBA ........ Towns, Whiteside, Gobert, D. Jordan, Drummond, Thompson, Turner, Davis (if pegged at center) and a few others would say otherwise.

Tama k but his talent and athleticism is exceptional for a big man.
The teams he played for in the last 4 years arent contenders so absolutely when u're playin for losing teams u're confidence level will be down unlike now he's playin with a winning team and superstar players like Durant, Curry, Thompson and Green.
Now kung pagtyatyagaan lng yn to toughen him up both physically and mentally ok na ok yn.
Hopefully Draymon Green can help Mcgee improve his game.
Against the Clippers i think Mcgee played a nice game.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2016 at 05:04 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 592
« Reply #753 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 03:57 PM »
I agree, give McGee more chance ... para mas enjoyable manood ng Shaqtin' a Fool :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #754 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 04:05 PM »
I agree, give McGee more chance ... para mas enjoyable manood ng Shaqtin' a Fool :)

Yes since everybody's impression is he's just a joke on the basketball court, for sure we'll be cheering and applauding whenever he does something exceptionally right.
Parang b4 sina Sonny Cabatu and Romulo Mamaril nakakatuwa silang panuorin sa PBA.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 05:10 PM »
Tama k but his talent and athleticism is exceptional for a big man.
The teams he played for in the last 4 years arent contenders so absolutely when u're playin for losing teams u're confidence level will be down unlike now he's playin with a winning team and superstar players like Durant, Curry, Thompson and Green.
Now kung pagtyatyagaan lng yn to toughen him up both physically and mentally ok na ok yn.

McGee will be 30 soon, bigs his age rarely develop anymore, physically ...... Sa case ni McGee, the mental part of his game is his biggest weakness. Sadyang may sinto-sinto itong si McGee.

His recent coaches have been George Karl, Rick Carlisle & Brett Brown ....... Karl & Carlisle are reat coaches, likely HOF when the time comes. When these type of coaches give up on you, it's likely you're a lost cause.

Brett Brown is a Popovich disciple, easily the greatest coach when it comes to player development - when someone from Popovich's coaching tree gives up on you after 6 games, it's likely that you're a lost cause.

Now, he still can be a decent 8th-10th man off the bench, but spot minutes is all he'll probably get (if he even gets it) ....... sa tingin ko, matagal nang lumipas ang pagkakataon para ma-realize ang potential ni McGee.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #756 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 08:48 PM »

will it be possible that what mcgee was not able to achieve in 4 different teams can be achieved in just 60 games?

Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #757 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 09:07 PM »
will it be possible that what mcgee was not able to achieve in 4 different teams can be achieved in just 60 games?

Unlikely to happen brader ........ the need to win and compete in the NBA is absolute - there's little room for nostalgia, good will, name recall when it comes to playing time. NBA players earn their playing time.

Like I said, there's a reason why McGee was waived by his last 2 teams and was just picked-up the last minute by GSW.

He's not a star & he wont be a star ....... pero, baka swertihin at masama sa rotation bilang 8th-10th player off the bench. Play spot minutes, get some rebounds and protect the rim.

The WARRIORS are oozing with superstars, it doesn't need anymore stars, just decent role players who'll play spot minutes.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #758 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 09:28 PM »
6th straight triple double for Beastbrook. This man is unbelievable.

Easily the best athlete in the league...
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #759 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 09:35 PM »
Unlikely to happen brader ........ the need to win and compete in the NBA is absolute - there's little room for nostalgia, good will, name recall when it comes to playing time. NBA players earn their playing time.

Like I said, there's a reason why McGee was waived by his last 2 teams and was just picked-up the last minute by GSW.

He's not a star & he wont be a star ....... pero, baka swertihin at masama sa rotation bilang 8th-10th player off the bench. Play spot minutes, get some rebounds and protect the rim.

The WARRIORS are oozing with superstars, it doesn't need anymore stars, just decent role players who'll play spot minutes.
i was thinking the same besides pachulua seems more aggresive and physically able.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #760 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 09:38 PM »
Easily the best athlete in the league...
sana lang wag ma injure.he is doing extremely well

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #761 on: Dec 09, 2016 at 02:14 PM »
20 - 3 na GSW.
Still on track for a 70 wins season.
Good contribution by McGee with 6 points 3 rebs against the Jazz.

Okc vs Hou ( Westbrook vs Harden)will be fun to watch on saturday.
Come to think of it OKC had a Super Big 3 in Westbrook, Harden, Durant but wasnt able to hold them together to mature and win a championship.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016 at 03:34 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #762 on: Dec 09, 2016 at 09:26 PM »
Come to think of it OKC had a Super Big 3 in Westbrook, Harden, Durant but wasnt able to hold them together to mature and win a championship.

mas pinili kasi nila ibigay yung pera kay ibaka kesa kay harden. at kuripot din owner ng OKC. lol

Offline dibidi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
« Reply #763 on: Dec 09, 2016 at 11:50 PM »
napanuod ko tambakan ng clips. they were really out of sync defensively. ganda ng ball movement ng gsw. they can't compete for the western conference title kung ganyan ang magiging laro nila.

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #764 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 12:00 AM »
That's why I really don't think that doc is a great coach. Overrrated for me. Bigay mo yang line up na yan kay pop, philjax or even larry brown sigurado may rings na mga yan. Plus clippers curse eka nga.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #765 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 05:58 AM »
thats because their coach is overrated and the players are a bunch of whining cry babies led by cp3

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #766 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 07:37 AM »
Like I said, I am not sold on the Clips. But I didn't expect for them to be losing this early in the regular season.  Every year they always fall apart.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #767 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 02:53 PM »
thats because their coach is overrated and the players are a bunch of whining cry babies led by cp3

True puros reklamo ang Clippers from coach to players.
Probably Griffin should be traded for a Al Horford.

Lookin back at OKC with Westbrook, Harden, & Durant if D'Antonio was the coach most likely the team will score 150 pts regularly.
Comparatively to all Big 3s in the NBA before till now none is as explosive as them.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #768 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 03:55 PM »
Kaya lang boss baka kailanganin nila ng 3 bola. Di sapat isa para kay kd, wessy and hardy.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #769 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 04:04 PM »
Kaya lang boss baka kailanganin nila ng 3 bola. Di sapat isa para kay kd, wessy and hardy.

Un ang problema ha ha.
They need time to learn how to share the ball, who to lead and who to take the back seats.
Almost all Big 3 combos do average about 70 - 75 points per game nmn.

7th consecutive triple double na si Westbrook but too bad OKC loss to Harden's Rockets.
On Monday he'll be tightly guarded by Avery Bradley when OKC play Boston.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2016 at 10:55 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #771 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 02:14 PM »
Triple double streak ended for Westbrook against Boston but a win by OKC is all that matters.
Short by 4 assists for another triple double was understandable with Olandipo out on injury limiting Westbrook's passing options to less efficient scorers on the team.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline dibidi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
« Reply #772 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 04:15 PM »
an easy one for the clips. cp3 20pts 20asts zero turnovers. so much for a whiny cry baby.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #773 on: Dec 13, 2016 at 03:34 PM »
The East is very exciting as teams from 3rd to 8th seed has almost identical win loss records in their 1st 25 games. Knicks suddenly rose to 3rd spot with Altanta slipping to 9th place.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #774 on: Dec 15, 2016 at 10:56 AM »
talo na naman lakers. sunod sunod na. hahaha.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #775 on: Dec 15, 2016 at 11:12 AM »
lol 8game losing skid for the Lakers. They deserve the losses with they way they've been playing.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: Dec 15, 2016 at 01:12 PM »
3rd straight game by Westbrook out of triple double games since Olandipo was sidelined bcoz of injury.
Absolutely no other outside or corner shooters for OKC kya wla syang mapasahan unlike Harden at Houston where he has Ariza, Gordon and Anderson as long range bombers.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline jonjon

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Collector
  • 41 steels and counting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 324
« Reply #777 on: Dec 15, 2016 at 02:21 PM »
3rd straight game by Westbrook out of triple double games since Olandipo was sidelined bcoz of injury.
Absolutely no other outside or corner shooters for OKC kya wla syang mapasahan unlike Harden at Houston where he has Ariza, Gordon and Anderson as long range bombers.

Oo nga e.  Pagod na si westbrook.  Magisa lang talaga sya.  OKC should find pieces na pwede support crew ni westbrook

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #778 on: Dec 15, 2016 at 02:46 PM »
Oo nga e.  Pagod na si westbrook.  Magisa lang talaga sya.  OKC should find pieces na pwede support crew ni westbrook

After they lost Durant and traded Ibaka for Olandipo, i though they will chase Al Horford to play the stretch 4 for them.
Kulang sa outside shooters un OKC.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 592
« Reply #779 on: Dec 15, 2016 at 10:42 PM »
Houston is on roll ... good move to make Harden their point guard, they've been moving the ball well and big success on the 3-point shots

Go#Spurs#Go#
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J