Author Topic: Pure Digital Concept QC - Donkeys  (Read 1602 times)

Offline SpikeHK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pure Digital Concept QC - Donkeys
« on: Aug 13, 2016 at 06:58 PM »
I brought my B&W P6 speakers there for repair. It took them three weeks for them to be able to tell me they can't get the parts to fix them. Fine. The speakers are 20 years old. I can accept that. So I call them on a Friday. I ask them what time they close on Saturday. They tell me 6 PM. I tell them I will come on Saturday to get them. They say okay.

Saturday is the only day of the week I can go to Quezon City without taking a day off from work. It takes me almost 90 minutes to get there. I get there at 4 PM. They are closed!

The retail shop upstairs is open so I go there. They say the shop closed early due to heavy rain. If the rain was so heavy, why is the retail shop still open? Why is every other shop along West Avenue still open?

They don't have the keys for the repair shop downstairs. I ask them to call the manager, explain that they told me they would be open until 6 PM, I am there at 4 PM, it took me 90 minutes to get there, please come back and open the shop so I can collect my speakers. I will be happy to sit there and wait as long as it takes.

They send a text to the manager. The manager refuses to return to the shop. He or she is "already home."

So three hours round trip totally wasted. Is it me? Is it some cultural thing I don't get?

I was considering buying a new Onkyo receiver and perhaps a new set of B&W speakers to replace the old ones. Cultural difference or not, I will not be spending any of my money with these clueless donkeys.

Actually calling them donkeys is an insult to a noble animal, isn't it? Can I say "asshats" here? Clueless asshats.

Offline SpikeHK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pure Digital Concept QC - Donkeys
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2016 at 02:20 AM »
For those who are curious, here is how the story ended.

They sent me a text on Monday telling me that my speakers were ready to be picked up. I replied to that text - telling them that I spent 3 hours traveling the previous Saturday to get to their store only to find it closed. I asked if they could show me some consideration by delivering the speakers to me.

No reply.

I sent them a follow-up text once a day for the next four days asking them to reply. "Please reply." "Waiting for your reply." Stuff like that.

No reply.

I called the following Saturday to make sure they were open. I went to the shop. They wanted to charge me 400 pesos for the "estimate" - the estimate being that they couldn't repair the speakers.

I told them that they had wasted my time the previous Saturday.

They said, "Yes, we closed at 3 PM because of the storm."

I said, "But your shop upstairs was still open. McDonald's across the street was still open. Almost every other business on the street was still open."

They said, "You should have called to tell us you were coming."

Me: "I did call the day before and said I was definitely coming on Saturday."

Them: "Oh. Sorry. 400 pesos please."

Me: "I don't think I should pay it. You knew I was coming on Saturday. I called on Friday and told you. If you were closing early, someone could have called me."

Them: "Oh."

Me: "Look, I'm not yelling, I'm not angry. I'm simply asking you to show me a little consideration because of your mistake."

Them: "Sorry, we already adjusted the amount from 600 pesos to 400 pesos. That's all we can do."

So I paid the 400 pesos, put the speakers in my car and left.

I need to buy a new set of speakers and possibly a new A/V receiver.  Since  they insisted on their 400 pesos, I will spend my 100,000 pesos some place else.