Author Topic: Help for HT set up  (Read 3370 times)

Offline don75

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help for HT set up
« on: Aug 19, 2016 at 01:15 PM »
New member here and hope you guys can help me out
Been researching and noticed that there are so many brands to choose from when trying to start a HT
Confused and loss, stumbled into this website.
Going around AV stores, noticed salesman might be biased (not all ) on pushing brands they carry.
So please help me in my dilemma.

Set up would be mostly for movies and some music playing.
TV/Movie Area would be at the end of a 10m x4m open room
Preferably 5.1.2 Atmos setup
Suggestions are surely welcome

130k-150k budget (including AVR)

Thank you so much in advance

Cheers...

Offline Polk Stores

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Re: Help for HT set up
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2016 at 05:23 PM »
Been researching and noticed that there are so many brands to choose from when trying to start a HT
Going around AV stores, noticed salesman might be biased (not all ) on pushing brands they carry.

Cheers...

Hi, why don't you come over to the Polk Audio concept store in Mall of Asia. We have many home theater models for you to chose from. Polk Audio is the best selling speaker brand in America and have been in business for 43 years.

Check out some of your packages:

We also sell Onkyo, Marantz, NAD and Rotel receivers. Our salesman will be very happy to work with you and suggest the best system for your requirements.

Contact us:

Polk Concept Store SM Mall of Asia - Tel: 664-8191 / 957-0256 / (0917) 832-5821 [Dolby Atmos Demo Available - MUST EXPERIENCE]

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2016 at 03:56 PM »
Makati Cinema Square is a heaven for us HT enthusiasts. Go visit them and you'll find a multitude of stores to choose from. Auditioning is free. Get what your ears(and eyes) like. Good luck!

Offline Jchua

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2016 at 04:19 PM »
I just finished upgrading my home theater, also now 5.1.2, and spent almost the same amount for everything. Hehe. I-share ko na lang yung ginawa ko at yung na-research ko, baka makatulong. Disclaimer lang, I'm also quite new to this whole hobby, so take my advice with a grain of salt. :)

For the speakers, you might want to check out Anthony Audio Speakers while his high-end Titus speakers are still available and on sale (until end of August na lang). You can find the store on Facebook, and you can check out the A-Audio thread here (http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,70456.0.html) for customer feedback. I find the Titus speakers perfect for movies and music.

For Atmos speakers, from my research, mas recommended either ceiling speakers or speakers mounted near the ceiling, rather than the upfiring speakers. I also found that Atmos speakers are generally pretty light on the specs, so I decided to just use a couple of the old Onkyo HTiB speakers that I have, which I mounted near the ceiling. Convincing naman ang Atmos effects.

For the receiver, my research led me to either Denon or Marantz, since they have the highly-praised Audyssey room correction software. I ended up with a Marantz SR5010, since it has a good power supply (650w), Audyssey MultiEQ XT, and I got a good deal on eBay--open box for ~$500 (my receiver and subwoofer were from the US, I just had them shipped by sea through LBC Shipping Cart). Other models I considered were the Denon X2200 and X3200, which have been on sale lately sa Amazon for ~$500 due to the release of newer Denon models. Audyssey cleaned up some of the bass issues I have in my room, and also allowed my cheap Atmos speakers to integrate well with my other speakers.

For the subwoofer, I was considering SVS, Hsu, or Rythmik. I decided to buy the Rythmik L12 (~$540) due to the servo technology, the sub-20Hz extension, and the relatively compact size. I'm very happy with the Rythmik: bass is clean, powerful, and accurate; and they're very honest with their specs, kasi ramdam talaga yung mga sub-20Hz frequencies. And I think the servo technology helped minimize some of the bass peaks and nulls in my room.

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2016 at 07:50 PM »

Cheers...

Just to clarify. Your budget doesn't include the tv or projector. right?

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2016 at 08:15 PM »
Kung more on movies golden ear triton ka na powered by marantz. Audition mo sa mly kalayaan malapit sa qc hall. Ang ganda movie setup nila dun,pasok sa budget mo at that price.

Offline musika

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2016 at 12:06 PM »
Add Monitor Audio New Bronze Series on your list, great review well built, value for money.

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2016 at 04:23 PM »
+1 sa Goldenear :) But baka kulang budget na 150k if Triton series considering may sub, receiver plus 2 overhead speakers pa..

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2016 at 05:17 PM »
If you are not in a rush the emotiva speakers will arrive around November. I haven't heard them yet but do have the small 4" powered speakers. Since the 4" sound good I can only imagine the towers. They have ribbon type tweeters same as the golden ears. I agree the with the otheres that the golden ear speakers are great kaso baka di kasya sa budget.
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline don75

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2016 at 06:05 PM »
Thank you to all for the suggestions and special mention to Jchua for the detailed review of your set up (appreciate it)

Thoughts on  Polk Rti series vs Wharfdale Reva vs B& W (models of almost same price range)

Bless you all for the help.

PS: yes budget only for speakers and avr

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2016 at 10:52 PM »
wow laki ng budget, good luck! :D

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2016 at 08:12 AM »
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #12 on: Aug 26, 2016 at 10:48 AM »
Thank you to all for the suggestions and special mention to Jchua for the detailed review of your set up (appreciate it)

Thoughts on  Polk Rti series vs Wharfdale Reva vs B& W (models of almost same price range)

Bless you all for the help.

PS: yes budget only for speakers and avr

Try mo audition din itong mga ito

Dali Zensor Series
PSB Imagine X Series
MOnitor Audio Bronze
Elac
Walang Setup

Offline don75

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 02, 2016 at 01:15 PM »
Hello guys, did a lengthy research online and asking around with different distributors, almost always they have the same prices of items I am interested in.
Thank you for all the brands you have introduced me in your comments above.

My query now is base on your experiences, who has the best service and after sales customer feedback
They all seem nice but ofcourse can't help to ponder how they are after purchasing and problems are encountered with the products

To the mods, if name dropping is not allowed , may delete my query.
Thank you again : )

Offline -mhan-

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do it now. Sometimes “Later” becomes “Never”.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2016 at 03:42 PM »
Hello guys, did a lengthy research online and asking around with different distributors, almost always they have the same prices of items I am interested in.

My query now is base on your experiences, who has the best service and after sales customer feedback
They all seem nice but ofcourse can't help to ponder how they are after purchasing and problems are encountered with the products

Best service and after sales? Mkc and Anthony Audio.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2016 at 05:11 PM »

Best aftersales

Watts Hi Fi, AVSHOP and MKC
Walang Setup

Offline don75

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2016 at 12:03 AM »