Author Topic: Help.. is this BD rot or something else?  (Read 3333 times)

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Help.. is this BD rot or something else?
« on: Aug 21, 2016 at 07:10 PM »
got the Rambo BD boxset sometime now and decided to watch it again yesterday...part 1 and 2 BDs played well without any problem..but when i inserted part 3 an error message just pop-up " this disc does not fit the specifications"... whoaa... what the....? have watched this boxset before without any hiccups, and now, this happens!
i had my share of dvd rot and its was visibly obvious for dvds since the disc itself exhibits some surface irregularities...yet for this BD, nothing of that sort is obvious... the disc itself is physically immaculate...
so, seeking the assist from the  pdvd gurus for any feedback .... :( :(

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-HV using Tapatalk

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Help.. is this BD rot or something else?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2016 at 07:08 AM »
If that happens to me I'll try loading the disc in my other bd players to check first.

Offline traveler69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2016 at 12:12 PM »
Bluray discs (like the CD and DVD discs) eventually rot.

I have a set of DIE HARD bluray discs and the 3rd disc became unplayable. I have several bluray players which I used to test all the discs in that set and the same disc failed everytime. The disc had no scratches.

I can only suspect that the material used in manufacturing the disc wasn't of durable quality OR that the harsh Philippine weather had something to do with it. Or both.

Since I don't have a dedicated temperature-controlled storage room big enough for my insane collection of original CDs (from way back in the 1980s), DVDs and BDs, I have routinely succumbed to ripping the ones that I really like into digital format.   

Offline stryder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2016 at 11:53 PM »
If that happens to me I'll try loading the disc in my other bd players to check first.
yup, did it with my computer Asus bd player and yielded same negative result... i guess this is it ... will just have to start ripping bds to digital format...thanks

Offline stryder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2016 at 11:55 PM »
Bluray discs (like the CD and DVD discs) eventually rot.

I have a set of DIE HARD bluray discs and the 3rd disc became unplayable. I have several bluray players which I used to test all the discs in that set and the same disc failed everytime. The disc had no scratches.

I can only suspect that the material used in manufacturing the disc wasn't of durable quality OR that the harsh Philippine weather had something to do with it. Or both.

Since I don't have a dedicated temperature-controlled storage room big enough for my insane collection of original CDs (from way back in the 1980s), DVDs and BDs, I have routinely succumbed to ripping the ones that I really like into digital format.   
reality bites ... will start to rip some ... but then again i hope the storage media will not conked out too ... oh well, life must go on ...thanks bro for the feed..