Author Topic: 20k set up  (Read 3950 times)

Offline psi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
20k set up
« on: Oct 28, 2016 at 09:05 PM »

What will i get for a 25k budget for the htpc setup?

Online Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: 20k set up
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2016 at 06:30 AM »
What will i get for a 25k budget for the htpc setup?

What would be your source? A UHD HEVC capable system can be built for that price if you're just after media playback.

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2016 at 10:39 AM »
Sample UHD HDR ITX Build:
Cooler Master Mini 110 Case 2,410
Seasonic Eco 400BT PSU 1,910
MSI H110i Pro Motherboard 3,999
Team Elite 8 GB DDR4 2133 DIMM 1,990
Intel Pentium G4400 CPU 2,710
XFX Radeon RX 460 2 GB GPU 5,480
Seagate 2 TB SSHD 5,270

Total: 23,769

Offline psi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 12:54 AM »
What would be your source? A UHD HEVC capable system can be built for that price if you're just after media playback.

Yup UHD boss...

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 05:16 AM »
Yup UHD boss...

The prices above are from PC Hub. Anything similar or higher will also work. Software cost would be on top.

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2016 at 03:35 PM »
Sample UHD HDR ITX Build:
Cooler Master Mini 110 Case 2,410
Seasonic Eco 400BT PSU 1,910
MSI H110i Pro Motherboard 3,999
Team Elite 8 GB DDR4 2133 DIMM 1,990
Intel Pentium G4400 CPU 2,710
XFX Radeon RX 460 2 GB GPU 5,480
Seagate 2 TB SSHD 5,270

Total: 23,769

If the budget can be stretched a bit to also accomodate 1080p Ultra Settings gaming.. What would you recommend sir? And also for UHD HDR playback, what's the best software? Thanks :) Also planning to build a UHD HDR HTPC kasi...

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 05:01 PM »
If the budget can be stretched a bit to also accomodate 1080p Ultra Settings gaming.. What would you recommend sir? And also for UHD HDR playback, what's the best software? Thanks :) Also planning to build a UHD HDR HTPC kasi...
What media format are you targeting? Due to DRM, your best option is going Kaby Lake (needing a largish stretch on the budget). An Xbox One S and a separate gaming PC is another option.

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2016 at 12:58 PM »
What media format are you targeting? Due to DRM, your best option is going Kaby Lake (needing a largish stretch on the budget). An Xbox One S and a separate gaming PC is another option.

How much will a Kaby Lake set up cost? 4K HDR with DTS X and Atmos capabilities..thanks :)

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2016 at 02:34 PM »
How much will a Kaby Lake set up cost? 4K HDR with DTS X and Atmos capabilities..thanks :)

Kaby Lake is yet to show up on desktops. Notebooks with it packaged with midlevel graphics for 1080p gaming start at around $1800. If you plan on playing back UHD bluray discs, that is also not possible with a PC at the moment (you will be limited to streaming and downloads).

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2016 at 02:51 PM »
Kaby Lake is yet to show up on desktops. Notebooks with it packaged with midlevel graphics for 1080p gaming start at around $1800. If you plan on playing back UHD bluray discs, that is also not possible with a PC at the moment (you will be limited to streaming and downloads).

[/quot

Mas better ba to go for NMT's or Xbox One S when playing UHD HDR content? How can I play downloaded files in Xbox One S? Can it decode/passthrough Dolby Atmos or DTS narin?

If HTPC, then will go for a dedicated graphics card worth around 11k Bnew/Used.. Anong better option for my purpose? And also what's the best processor narin..

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 03:15 PM »
Mas better ba to go for NMT's or Xbox One S when playing UHD HDR content? How can I play downloaded files in Xbox One S? Can it decode/passthrough Dolby Atmos or DTS narin?

If HTPC, then will go for a dedicated graphics card worth around 11k Bnew/Used.. Anong better option for my purpose? And also what's the best processor narin..

What content are you talking about? Xbox One S supports UHD/HDR Bluray Disc playback and UHD/HDR Netflix streaming. The former currently cannot be done by an HTPC, while the latter can only be done by a Kaby Lake based PC.

The said console can playback downloaded files, but I'm supposing the files that you're talking about are not UHD & HDR. You can pull the files from your DLNA server.

PCs and Consoles cannot decode Atmos or DTS-X at this point. What you want is for the source to perform a direct bitstream so that your AV receiver or AV Prepro can decode this format. PCs can do this right now, and Microsoft has promised to support this feature in a later Xbox One S software update too.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/10/27/sorry-ps4-pro-but-the-xbox-one-s-4k-blu-ray-drive-just-got-better/#1d5c0c9c4db2

As mentioned earlier if you're after an HDR HTPC, a Kaby Lake based unit would be your best choice. That will allow you to watch UHD/HDR Netflix streams.

The distinct advantages of a PC in this case are gaming performance and general purpose use. It is quite disadvantaged from a UHD/HDR media consumption standpoint.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2016 at 03:16 PM by Stagea »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2016 at 03:25 PM »
At $1,800 for the Kaby Lake, without UHD/HDR from BD source, looks impractical. Hehe! Yeah those NMTs do shine out. I guess steaming na ang direction ng movie watching technology. Unfortunately for us, limited lang ang availability ng fiber connection for HDR & UHD.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2016 at 03:32 PM by Nelson de Leon »

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 10:57 AM »
I saw Kaby Lake laptops yesterday from Dell and Asus.. I think it's the Core I7 7500u with R7 M445... It's around 40k Cash... Problem is limited din ang downloaded content na UHD and HDR.. I'm thinking of postponing my purchase muna.. Will wait siguro for another year...

It means the Xbox One can play Downloaded content but you have pull it from the DLNA Server only? Can you also use an external hard drive plugged in via usb?

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 11:03 AM »
At $1,800 for the Kaby Lake, without UHD/HDR from BD source, looks impractical. Hehe! Yeah those NMTs do shine out. I guess steaming na ang direction ng movie watching technology. Unfortunately for us, limited lang ang availability ng fiber connection for HDR & UHD.

I was also about to just get an NMT or the Nvidia Shield.. But what I like about an HTPC is the flexibility and upgradeabilty.  And I am also using MPC HC with MAD VR for video processing.. In terms of PQ and SQ, I assume HTPC's still produce the best PQ and SQ? Although I haven't tried the current gen NMT's..

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM »
I was also about to just get an NMT or the Nvidia Shield.. But what I like about an HTPC is the flexibility and upgradeabilty.  And I am also using MPC HC with MAD VR for video processing.. In terms of PQ and SQ, I assume HTPC's still produce the best PQ and SQ? Although I haven't tried the current gen NMT's..
Given the same source, PCs should be able to do it better. The lack of high bitrate UHD sources for the PC is what holds it back.

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 03:58 PM »
Given the same source, PCs should be able to do it better. The lack of high bitrate UHD sources for the PC is what holds it back.

Will wait nalang for the Kaby Lake processors to arrive siguro before I build my HTPC :)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 04:10 PM »
I guess it also goes with the availability of UHD sources until such time as UHD materials are rampant na. Hehe!

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 09:41 PM »
I guess it also goes with the availability of UHD sources until such time as UHD materials are rampant na. Hehe!

Yeah yun din :) Wala pa talaga gano UHD materials..Kaya nakakaexcite lang magbuo...After nun baka mafrustrate lang ako sa availability ng materials.. :)

Offline bongchillog

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 11:28 PM »
Yeah yun din :) Wala pa talaga gano UHD materials..Kaya nakakaexcite lang magbuo...After nun baka mafrustrate lang ako sa availability ng materials.. :)

There are more than 600uhd materials and growing...

The problem is hindi pa cracked ang uhd bluray. So asa palang tayo sa webrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Dec 18, 2016 at 12:16 PM »

There are more than 600uhd materials and growing...

The problem is hindi pa cracked ang uhd bluray. So asa palang tayo sa webrip.

kaya pala konti lang makikita online... btw san best bumili ng pc parts? is it still in Gilmore or mas cheaper na online?

Offline bongchillog

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #20 on: Dec 18, 2016 at 06:00 PM »
Gilmore... Pc hub and pc options. Pchub showcase their items in tipidpc

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2016 at 05:01 PM »
Gilmore... Pc hub and pc options. Pchub showcase their items in tipidpc

Bought most of the items sa PC Gilmore yesterday.. Then some are cheaper kasi sa iba so medyo tingi tingi.. but dun lang ako nakakita ng maraming Mini Itx Cases.. Was suppossed to get sa PCDynamic but Order basis pala most of the items nila.. Sobrang daming tao sa PC Hub

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2016 at 02:05 PM »

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2016 at 12:49 AM »
Mga firsr quarter ba release ng processors here satin?