Author Topic: Other Reality Shows  (Read 253 times)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Other Reality Shows
« on: Jan 21, 2007 at 08:41 AM »
But probably the most debated, most talked about reality show in the world right now is Celebrity Big Brother UK. There has been an uproar over the way Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty was being treated by some of her housemates. She was said to have suffered from bullying and racist remarks from some of the housemates that included Danielle Lloyd (a model), Jo O'Meara (that S Club 7 singer), and the whole Goody family -- Jade Goody, her mother Jackiey Budden, and Goody's boyfriend Jack Tweed.

The situation has escalated to such a level that it has been talked about in the House of Commons, dogged Britain's prime minister in waiting while he is touring India, and even in the whole of India including its government. A diplomatic protest was even being planned at some point. One of the biggest advertisers of the show has cancelled its sponsorship and the Big Brother production has been inundated with thousands of complaints from people in the UK and in India.

The ringleader of the perceived racism and bullying is Jade Goody, a former Big Brother contestant that became a famous personality in the UK. She became a millionaire by just banking on her reputation and appearing in many other reality shows. Big Brother followers would recognize Goody as the ultra ignorant idiot who thought that East Anglia (she called it East Angular) was in another country, Saddam Hussein is a boxer, and in one of her post Big Brother appearances, collapsed while participating in a marathon because she never trained for the event. Her reason? She thought that a mile was just a very short run and that being able to run on a thread mill for 30 minutes would hack it.

This controversy has been my guilty pleasure over the last few days and has been quite an entertaining read especially about the weird culture of celebrity in the UK where an ignoramus like Goody can become a big celebrity and how the UK tabloids can just suddenly twist and either support or turn against you at the drop of a hat.

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Other Reality Shows
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2008 at 12:33 PM »
Lapit na pala bagong Project Runway. Saw the first two episodes of the latest season of Shear Genius. Very entertaining. Can't wait for the episode where Jaclyn reunites with Kate.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2008 at 03:18 PM »
Ah shoot, I totally forgot about Shear Genius. Gottat download it now.

I've don a marathon viewing of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew and I have to admit I got hooked--big time. It's one of those trainwreck series that actually had some redeeming value in the long run.

Project Runway could lose its appeal this year what with three seasons airing. Season five is about to air and season six will also air this year.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2008 at 09:30 PM »
Pre, have you been up to date with Shear Genius? Nekisa is starting to become Lisa from Top Chef. I can't understand why she's still in the show.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2008 at 09:36 PM »
Hehe, so true. Weird that she's lasted this long. I can't wait for the next episode though. Kate Jackson!

I'm watching Celebrity Apprentice right now. Gene Simmons is God! When I grow up I wanna be just like him.
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2008 at 09:36 PM by indie boi »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2008 at 09:40 PM »
Gene Simmons is God! When I grow up I wanna be just like him.

"It's a Kodak world."  ::)

;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2008 at 11:07 PM »
LOL, just saw finished the Kodak episode. Even though Simmons obviously didn't get the objectives of the project, he was still the most charismatic dude in the boardroom. I was cracking up everytime he opened his mouth.

I'm now downloading Family Jewels just to get another dose of THE man.