Author Topic: PC Connected to Receiver - Is there a best driver?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
PC Connected to Receiver - Is there a best driver?
« on: Nov 03, 2016 at 10:30 AM »
Hi All,

Just wondering about this, I have my PC connected to my Denon AVR-2809 via HDMI and it works for the most part but at times acts up.

Some of the symptoms I encounter occasionally is where the audio is initially cut but then plays with no problem after a fraction of a second.

Another is when I don't game or watch movies I turn off the Receiver and let the audio pass through the to the TV and no sound comes out, I then turn on the receiver to get the sound but to no avail. The only way to fix this is to restart the PC.

Upon checking the Device Manager, I proceed to Audio inputs and outputs, when I check the drivers I see "Audio Endpoint" and "Generic software device".

I'm thinking these drivers might be less than ideal, is there a better one?

Offline flashDB

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
Re: PC Connected to Receiver - Is there a best driver?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 07:22 PM »
What windows are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline juicepogi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 08:25 PM »
Sirs I have the the same dilemma. I have windows 10 :o)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 08:56 PM »
I use Cyberlink as media player. Wala naman issues. Medjo old na yun PC ko, nasa 5 years old.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline flashDB

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 09:09 PM »
well im my experience, i haven't had any issues connecting my laptop (windows 10, years old and fairly new) to my denon
na detect naman... and so far it plays fine, no hiccups, during regular lenght movie. 1 movie lang...

may error ba or something sa windows? event viewer/error log?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 09:20 PM »
Mukhang handshake issue?
Re passthru, alam ko may setting sa receiver to activate or deactivate the passthru everytime you use it.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 09:26 PM »
Mukhang handshake issue?
Re passthru, alam ko may setting sa receiver to activate or deactivate the passthru everytime you use it.

+1

I have no issues as well, i have a Yamaha Receiver and Sharp TV. I connect my Dell Latitude via Yamaha HDMI.

When i turn on both receiver and TV, my Audio out automatically defaults to Yamaha HDMI under Playback Device in Windows, when I turn off the receiver, Windows changed my playback Device automatically to Sharp HDMI while the Yamaha is goneHDMI disappears. Output now is sent to the TV as soon as i turn off the Receiver
Walang Setup

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 11:04 PM »
Mukhang handshake issue?

I'm using Windows 10, I have no issues din naman for the most part. All settings for pass through in the receiver is correct.

Whatever issue I explained above happens intermittently.

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2016 at 11:06 PM »
+1

I have no issues as well, i have a Yamaha Receiver and Sharp TV. I connect my Dell Latitude via Yamaha HDMI.

When i turn on both receiver and TV, my Audio out automatically defaults to Yamaha HDMI under Playback Device in Windows, when I turn off the receiver, Windows changed my playback Device automatically to Sharp HDMI while the Yamaha is goneHDMI disappears. Output now is sent to the TV as soon as i turn off the Receiver

Ideally this is how it works and it does for me.

I just experienced it about 2 or 3 times in the past month where I turn off the receiver because I just want to browse but then I get no sound out of the TV.
When I turn on the receiver to hopefully get sound, I don't get it. This is when I have to restart my PC to restore the sound.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the receiver because it has no problems when I use other sources like my game consoles and dvd player.

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2016 at 11:36 AM »

I just experienced it about 2 or 3 times in the past month where I turn off the receiver because I just want to browse but then I get no sound out of the TV.
When I turn on the receiver to hopefully get sound, I don't get it. This is when I have to restart my PC to restore the sound.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the receiver because it has no problems when I use other sources like my game consoles and dvd player.

Check the driver of your audio look for windows 10 driver as per your info its generic.

Upon checking the Device Manager, I proceed to Audio inputs and outputs, when I check the drivers I see "Audio Endpoint" and "Generic software device".

I'm thinking these drivers might be less than ideal, is there a better one?

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2016 at 11:47 AM »

AHhh ok, akala ko malimit. It happened to me also but i just need to restart the PC, after that problem goes away..  sometimes the Auto detect ng display ng PC HDMI nag eerror kaya ganyan. Minsan nga may display sa TV pero sa PC pa din lumalabas ang tunog. A simple restart will fix the issue. This happens kapag hugot kabit ka ng HDMI sa PC while everything is on.
Walang Setup

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2016 at 10:49 PM »
that is why i just use spdif out from soundcard to my denon receiver, too many handshake issues with hdmi.

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2016 at 10:52 PM »
baka naman HDMI cable issue chief.