Author Topic: Optimizing Your Home Entertainment System - A Bosch Feature Article  (Read 4915 times)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
I want to share this Bosch Feature Article to all HT setup enthusiasts., featuring our very own "Ricky"!  8)

-0-0-0-

Press Release

Optimizing Your Home Entertainment System
Engineer and Home Theater Installer, Ricky Ongkeko uses Bosch to get his job done

What makes the ultimate home theater system? Surely, it’s from stark and sharp pictures of a 102-inch HDTV or the booming sound that pumps from the surround-sound audio system. But for aficionados like home theater installer and engineer Ricky Ongkeko, the best thing one can get out from their high-tech theater set up – apart from the glaring colors and loud sounds – is great acoustics.

Space and furniture are as essential as the screen and speakers to make the desirable home theater even better. Ricky knows this well, as he has been flipping simple entertainment rooms into ultimate mini-movie theaters since 2004. Room foundation and equipment installation, according to him, play important roles to optimize the AV systems’ sound and vision capacity.

Here, he shares some tips audiophiles and cinephiles can try so they can turn their humble entertainment abodes into enviable cinema sanctuaries.

Find your sweet spot: Opt for comfortable seating
If viewers choose to have a good movie time, might as well do it with ease and comfort. Seats such as lazy boys and plush leather sofas are made for comfortable seating. There are variations to choose from whether the seat is made for a relaxing alone time or to seat in the whole family or a group of friends. Owners can select freely on their cozy couches whether it meets their design scheme or comfort preference, but what is important about the seats is its placement. Depending on the largeness and loudness of the projector and speaker, make sure to keep few good spaces away from the system. Wall tremors triggered by sounds can cause a bit of discomfort for the viewers while watching, so have the seats placed at the rear center where it doesn’t touch the walls. 

In this case, measurement is king. The Bosch GLM 40 Professional Laser Measure is Ricky’s go-to gadget to measure the distances to achieve that “sweet spot” movie or audio enthusiasts crave for. Its robust and highly portable design allows users to accurately check the measurement in just one click, without having to go from one place to another. Users can ditch the pen and paper as it also has calculating functions such as addition and subtraction, volume, area and Pythagoras. Additionally, the GLM 40 has dust and water splash protection that are ideal for versatile measuring jobs.

Take control of the light
Viewers might get surprised how sharp and clear the colors can be when the room is shut dim. Any light seeping through the room affects the brightness, contrast and colors of the picture that could hinder a good movie experience. Therefore, it is important to take control of the light.

If the theater room has windows, the light must be kept from entering by setting up darkly-shaded curtains or mount panels that can cover up the whole window. This can be helped by a trusty cordless drill tool to efficiently screw in and install panels and curtain rods up the window frames.

Ricky highly recommends the Bosch GSB 18-2 LI Professional Impact Drill – the lightest and most compact cordless tools in its class. Standing at only 226 mm with a width of 204 mm, this power tool is capable of enormous tasks including impact drilling and masonry. A single charge can deliver two-day drilling without overheating or fatigue thanks to its Electronic Cell Protection integrated in its 18-Volt Lithium Ion battery technology. Users can look forward to drilling into darker spaces through the use of built-in LED to light up the area.

Insulate the room’s acoustics
Watching a great movie should not just be an eye-pleasing experience; it should also satisfy the hearing senses. The rattling and bouncing of sounds can throw one off, and the best way to avoid it is proper acoustical treatment. This will entail careful attention as many factors rely to optimize the acoustics of the home theater room.

Generally, a theater room should have good acoustic absorption material to control and prevent echoes and vibrations around the area. Sound proofing, for instance, guarantees that the sounds coming from the theater room will not transfer around the house. For those who want to go the extra mile, they may choose to add insulation within the walls to absorb the sounds and keep the room quiet. To do this, Ricky uses the Bosch GBH 18-V EC Professional Cordless Rotary Hammer Drill to create the panels to hold the insulators and seal it with the dry wall. The Bosch Hammer Drill has great drilling power and is not too heavy. It has single impact energy of 1.7 Joule with a weight of 2.6 kg which is a perfect power-to-weight ratio for users who does tremendous impact drilling. With a single charge, the rotary hammer tool can drill up to 115 concretes. Users can easily switch its function from drilling, hammer drilling chiseling with the use of selector level.

It’s all about proximity: Put it at the right place
Strategic placement is vital to fully experience the capacities of the components. For example, when placing 5.1 channel surround-sound speakers, the main speakers should be at the center facing directly the listener at ear level. The left and right speakers should be placed two to three feet away from the walls and should also face the listeners at ear level. The surround sound channels are recommended to be mounted on walls, around two to three feet above ear level to make the most out of the surround feature.

This calls for precise measurement and robust mounting through the use of Bosch GLL 2-80 P Professional Laser System and Bosch GSR 1080-LI Professional Cordless Drill Driver, both which Ricky uses. The Bosch GLL 2-80 P Professional Laser System delivers simultaneous 360 ° leveling in just a push of a button. Its compact design makes for easy handling, as it can be set up with a tripod for mid-level heights or a wall mount for ceiling level.  The Bosch GSR 1080-LI Professional Cordless Drill Driver on the other hand does speedy drilling thanks to its optimized torque for screwdriving. Highly versatile, this tool can drill various materials with little fatigue.

Have a set of reliable tools to do it for you
To complete the ultimate movie project, one must have the best set of tools on hand. Those who are looking for home theater installers should also check into the set of his quality tools to get the job done. For Ricky, these remain true as his wide array of Bosch products have helped him accomplish his job efficiently.

“In my industry, home theater installation is a specialized market. As a professional, I must present my client not just with skills but with tools as well,” Ricky said. “With Bosch, I am more confident with my work because it really eases up the construction load with its built-in technologies such as Li-Ion battery technology and Dust-extraction system. Efficiency is the key word and Bosch truly makes all the work efficient.”

For more information about Bosch Power Tools and Measuring Tools, log on to www.bosch-pt.com.ph

-0-0-0-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lh21BUaGc4&feature=share

Congrats Ricky! You truly deserve this one.  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2017 at 10:04 PM by JojoD818 »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Bro jojo thank you very much. Thank you din sa pinoydvd! Mabait sa akin mga jojo ah, dahil ba may ex ako na jojo din name hahaha

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
Galing ng video bro! 8)

It's about time the person behind those awesome HT installs got featured.

Bro jojo thank you very much. Thank you din sa pinoydvd! Mabait sa akin mga jojo ah, dahil ba may ex ako na jojo din name hahaha

Mababait lang talaga mga jojo bro hahaha! :D

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
Congratulations Ricky
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
congratulations brader

Sent from my F3216 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Congrats Ricky! Big time na!

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
galing talaga :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Ang pogi! Congrats bro Ricky!

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
Congrats Ricky! Big time na!

Big lang, wala time hahaha

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Husay!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 305
wow congats sir. i saw the video. astig!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Pansin ko lang bro ricky, parang di ka tumatanda
Makapag architect nga :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
wow congats sir. i saw the video. astig!

Thank you for waching the video, ill try to post the long version andoon yun mga setup. Pina edit natanggal yung iba and tool collection.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
Pansin ko lang bro ricky, parang di ka tumatanda
Makapag architect nga :)

Matanda na pare ko, minsan pa cute ako sa chicks tapos bigla mag opo na sa akin , patay na. :(

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
Nakakahiya man pero baka request na pls try to like and share yun sa fb ng bosch professional power tools and accesories . Thank you in advance

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sige sir ricky. wait namin ang full version ng video mo. astig eh. malaking pakinabang pala talaga ang bosch. hehe

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Bro ricky matanong ko lang, yun mga de batt mo na bosch drill naka ilan palit kana ng battery? 
ninjababez online ..

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
Mula ng ginamit ko 5yrs????? Ago wala pa nasira ni isa. And still performs as good as day 1 meaning gindi nagbago yun charging and operating time nya. Pati vacuum ni boss ko naka 18v batt na din sa bahay.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
matibay talaga yan kasi yan ang gamit namin sa work mag 9yrs na ko pero hindi pa yun napapalitan ng batt. pero di ko lang alam kung gaano pa katagal ang itatagal nya after charging. kasi samin naman kada tapos gamit balik ulit sa charging station.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Mula ng ginamit ko 5yrs????? Ago wala pa nasira ni isa. And still performs as good as day 1 meaning gindi nagbago yun charging and operating time nya. Pati vacuum ni boss ko naka 18v batt na din sa bahay.
partida lagi pa gamit yan bro!  kaya pala ni recommend mo dati pa :)

sige sir ricky. wait namin ang full version ng video mo. astig eh. malaking pakinabang pala talaga ang bosch. hehe
may longer/complete version?
ninjababez online ..

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Thank you for waching the video, ill try to post the long version andoon yun mga setup. Pina edit natanggal yung iba and tool collection.

sir ninja eto yung sabi ni sir ricky.. meron daw uncut version.hehe.. andun mga set up. edited daw yan eh.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
Mga bago ngayon cordless Li-ion na batts, di tulad dati na NiCD madali mag deteriorate.

Na excite tuloy ako sa Bosch... kailan ko kaya mahahawakan yan?

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
May mga extra ako kung gusto mo subukan habang naka rest ako ngayon.

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
wow! congrats chief! :)

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
May mga extra ako kung gusto mo subukan habang naka rest ako ngayon.

Baka hindi na makauwi yan pre? ;D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Congrats! Galing mo talaga darling!

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2017 at 01:50 AM by frootloops »

Offline ndy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • [OIIIIIIIO]
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 38
Congrats po idol ricky. Galing galing 👐👐👐
jeep[____]
l--l---0lllllll0-
0_)-0_)--o-)_)

Marantz SR7011
Cambridge Audio CXA61
Wharfedale's
SVS

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:

Baka hindi na makauwi yan pre? ;D
Ah dapat makauwi kasi needed hahaha. Ibang klase na batteries ngayon, may amperes na din kaya good for heavy use talaga unlike before na mas matagal charging vs usage

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
Congrats! Galing mo talaga darling!

Thanks darling, partly sa tulong mo. Mga clients na give mo addicts at big time, nakaka ilang bahay at ht na, ibang klase talaga. Salamat sa tulong darling.

Ang tanong kailan  mo kami papakainin? Hahahha

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
Congrats po idol ricky. Galing galing 👐👐👐

Thank you ka norman,kamusta? Long tome no see. Pag panahon lanzones at arambutan let me know hehe