Author Topic: Sights and Sounds Is it still in Shangrila Mall?  (Read 8046 times)

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Sights and Sounds Is it still in Shangrila Mall?
« on: Jan 04, 2015 at 07:13 PM »
I saw in another forum that Sights and Sounds shop is not available already in Shang Mall? Is this true since I have not been there recently. If yes where are they now and what happened? If this has been discussed or in another forum section my apologies.
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sights and Sounds Is it still in Shangrila Mall?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2015 at 07:47 PM »
No longer in Shangrila Mall, I dont know if they transferred already what I know is that they conduct business via online and provide delivery services
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2015 at 07:48 PM by Philander »

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2015 at 08:12 PM »
in my opinion, maybe because of the high lease of stores in shangrila mall like in SM.

businesses with stores in malls have higher rent expense to cover up with including taxes such as VAT which definitely adds up to the costs of their inventory while products sold online via internet have slightly lesser price due to less rent expense and less taxes paid, or maybe none at all via online.
hence, valid sellers with higher costs to cover are subject to predatory low pricing by sellers on line.

as the saying goes, if you cannot beat them, join them. sell also online. hehe

just my opinion

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2015 at 01:03 AM »
This was Vic's official announcement last March regarding S&S's discontinuation of its store operations:

ANNOUNCEMENT OF TEMPORARY SHOP CLOSING

As you may have been aware, there is an ongoing mall redevelopment in the Shangri-La Plaza. The Sights and Sounds has become part of the area to be redeveloped by the mall, and therefore, the latter is reclaiming Sights & Sounds’ leased premise. Hence, the Sights & Sounds has to vacate leased space today, yes March 31, 2014.

Sights and Sounds is at the moment looking for an alternative location. While scouting for another space, we foresee that we have no ample time to continue our company business operation. Looking for another space will take some time, also construction / renovation for a shop will take months.

In view of this, Sights and Sounds will close shop, but will maintain online business. Our presence in the online is also our way to address the after sales and service. For after sales service you can reach us at 0922-3868659; or undersigned 0917-5413491.

Lastly, allow me to express Sights and Sounds’ word of appreciation and thanks for 20 years business collaboration with the PINOYDVD.COM, with the forum members, and with our valued clients. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND TRUST TO SIGHTS & SOUNDS.

Respectfully yours,
Victor Chua

He remains active as a PDVD member- his last post on his thread was three days ago, though  still no word yet whether he has already found a new location for his shop.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2015 at 01:05 AM by edwn1220 »
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline jlaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2015 at 08:50 PM »
why kasi in Shang? why not in a not so high end mall or even like St. Francis etc? or even a shop along a busy highway/street na lang?

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2015 at 09:32 PM »
S&S is still in operation even without a physical store. Vic is still as accomodating as ever, just one text away.

With the high rent nowadays, the only way you can compete and give reasonable price is to minimize operating cost, removing rental fee is a major help. He still has an office and a warehouse anyways.

Im glad Vic is still continuing his practice of giving us the best deals and helpfull suggestions he is known for. More power to S&S

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2016 at 04:40 PM »
how about when claiming warranty?

Offline jlaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2017 at 03:27 PM »
I just saw in FB that they're back in Shangrila Mall??