Author Topic: Best Android Media Player Under 2000 Pesos  (Read 4419 times)

Offline mhupix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Best Android Media Player Under 2000 Pesos
« on: Jan 06, 2017 at 11:00 PM »
I'm currently in hunt for a new Media player, I was planning to get the Micca spec G2  but I think the Android media players on Lazada have more features and affordable.  There are a lot of them but I'm only planning to spend less than 2000 pesos.

I would like to hear from you guys kung ano na dito yung mga nasubukan niyo and ano ang magandang feature nila?

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Best Android Media Player Under 2000 Pesos
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2017 at 02:58 AM »
Sellers are dumping android players that are obsolete on online stores.

If you are planning to get one.

alteast

Android 6
2GB ram
16 GB storage
Gigabit ethernet
dual wifi
BT

30$ or 40$ android players are usually
Older Amlogic S905
Android 5 or even 4.4
1gb ram
8gm storage
100 mpbs lan
2.4 ghz wifi

Spend atleast 3k or 4k

youll get

Amlogic S912
Android 6
2GB ram
16 GB storage
Gigabit ethernet
dual wifi
BT

some eve have optical out from their onboard DAC
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017 at 03:00 AM by DPT »

Offline mhupix

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2017 at 10:37 AM »
I see..... In that case I will extend my budget, Thanks for the advice!

Offline juggler

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2017 at 01:50 AM »
Xiaomi Mi Box Mini if you only want to stream videos. Some sellers at Aliexpress are selling it at less than $40. I actually have one. We have been using it for about 2 years now, 24/7, walang tanggalan sa saksakan. If you have fast internet connection, at least 2-3 mbps, you wont have any problem streaming HD contents.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2017 at 01:52 AM »
sir you should read some of my reviews about OTT V8 for only 1,999php sa lazada..

click here:
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,210043.0.html

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2017 at 02:40 AM »
Kata box 2 maganda daw.  :)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline mhupix

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2017 at 09:16 AM »
Thanks sa reply mga sir, I think Imma need at least 2GB of RAM and Android 6 for future proofing.  Itong OTT V8 nag talagang target ko eh, sana may upgraded version na siya.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2017 at 09:25 AM »
Thanks sa reply mga sir, I think Imma need at least 2GB of RAM and Android 6 for future proofing.  Itong OTT V8 nag talagang target ko eh, sana may upgraded version na siya.
Yan ang specs to beat at sub P2,000 budget.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2017 at 10:35 AM »
OTT V8 is cheap because it uses a rockchip rk3229 chip.

The main issue with rockchips is that they do not collaborate with software devs like kodi devs etc etc.  This made its performance particular to kodi inferior to Amlogic chips o. Some feature and may impact future improvements or upgrade.

Unlike amlogic which actively collaborates with kodi devs.

Specifics can be found on kodi.tv website under android boxes.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2017 at 11:30 AM »
I have 2 OTT V8 boxes and a MXQ Pro. The OTT bootup is slow compared to the Amlogic based MXQ Pro.

I did try a Android 6 based box but there are some bugs on the Kodi Hardware Acceleration so I have stuck to Android 5.x based boxes for the meantime.

Offline mars

• Collector
  • All I need is a mic.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2017 at 04:32 PM »
@DPT
Sir, can you recommend brands that fall within the 3K-4K price range that have the Amlogic S912 chip and Android 6 system?

Thanks.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2017 at 06:17 AM »
@DPT
Sir, can you recommend brands that fall within the 3K-4K price range that have the Amlogic S912 chip and Android 6 system?

Thanks.

The last Amlogic box was a S905 and let go of it a few months ago. Since I decided to only have the Nvidia shield as my main and only box.

I have bought several boxes from Gearbest.com and banggood.

They sell an S912 box from china for around 2.5k  to 3k pesos if you order it direct.  It is just the S912 is the top of the line widely available amlogic chip that you can get that is not costly.  For bang for buck the S912 stands out for me.

http://www.banggood.com/search/s912.html

They have several reviews of boxes.

Then cross reference it with Amazon.com. They sell identical boxes for most part.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=s912

You have to also think what your current set up is. If you have a speaker system that has SPDIF. You might want a box that has spdif out.

Almost all the S912 based boxes have android 6 now.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017 at 06:18 AM by DPT »

Offline mhupix

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2017 at 10:40 AM »
Here's the cheapest you can find in Lazada, the specs looks good. S912, 2gb RAM, 4k output, Android 6.0

http://www.lazada.com.ph/km8-pro-android-60-amlogic-s912-octa-core-tv-box-w-2gb-rom-16gbram-intl-9149975.html

Offline shoestrings

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2017 at 04:28 AM »
Before getting an android tv box, the first thing I want to consider is the support. Because you'll be needing firmware updates if the box needs a bugfix. There are lot of boxes sold being manufactured by different companies using the same model but different PCBs inside and also different wifi chips. Then most of the time you'll end up bricking your device after flashing the firmware for your model.

Also make sure you can get a stock rom image of your tv box incase you need to flash it back incase you bricked your device.
There are boxes in geekbuying and gearbest includes a link where to download the stock rom image. You can visit freaktab forums before buying a box because geekbuying and gearbest also post firmwares of their boxes.

I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2017 at 12:09 PM »
Agreed. Here's what I learned from the weeks of diving back in my home theater setup after 6 years.

For this technology, it's not just the hardware but the firmware and ongoing support that's vital for stress free ownership.

IMHO Even though some boxes have highest specs, bali wala yun pag hindi nag-wo-work ang files properly in terms of Video AND Audio performance.

There is great confusion now as far as the Android implementations for Kodi now because Kodi 17 developers have drawn a line and they refuse to keep adding hacks to enable hardware to work. Since Kodi sits on top of Android, the android developers of the firmware need to step up and make sure the kernel is properly supporting all video/audio standards.

Back then I was actively participating in Popcorn hour firmware development so in my spare time I would keep running various sample files thru new firmware and report back findings. I suggest if you are passionate as well to also do this so your choice of box has the firmware it deserves.

Offline flashDB

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2017 at 12:28 PM »
For this technology, it's not just the hardware but the firmware and ongoing support that's vital for stress free ownership.

This is far important to me than the specs too. Yun underlying version ng android para sakin di rin mahalaga. it's the active development of the players (eg: kodi, vlc, mx player, etc.). kung mobile phone mas mahalaga yun OS and custom ROM support naman :)

if there's a cheap/affordable hardware with great development support edi yun na!

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2017 at 12:53 PM »
if there's a cheap/affordable hardware with great development support edi yun na!

Yes I have the same criteria. From what I have read only the following (listed in Alphabetical order) have active development/support teams for Android, Libreelec & Kodi which are the core code we need for HT media playback.

Amazon
Himedia
Nvidia
Wetek
Xiaomi
Zidoo

For everything else, before buying make sure you also have solid information that the china box at least can run Libreelec which is LINUX Media Entertainment Center. You basically remove the android, boot Linux and run Kodi directly. This is how I salvaged my poor first choices since I did not know enough back when I started upgrading to new movie players.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017 at 12:56 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline shoestrings

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2017 at 02:03 PM »
Kata box 2 maganda daw.  :)
I have a Kata Box 2 and I love it or hate it at times. Good thing I was able to tame this little box using another rom. And its now running great! :)

The Khadas Vim 16GB looks pretty promising.  :)
I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Best Android Media Player Under 2000 Pesos
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2017 at 05:48 AM »
Software beats hardware you can only get away with hardware hacks kaya if kodi ang type Ming interface,  importante that the board or chipset is working well and is supported by the core team ng kodi v17. 

Not that it matters sa playback dahil it will work naman without the kodi di ba? Pero if kodi is your interface of choice, aba make sure the brand collaborates with Kodi directly and their chipset choice will work.

This is how I ended up with himedia. Most of you know me way before for Egreat, it took me some time  while before I decided to pickup Himedia.
I think the egreat R6aii is the price point to beat under 4k pesos back in 2012-2014.

As a seller I let customers choose amongst the spread of offering here. Pero ako personal choice ko si Himedia (gen 1 then) before pa when I was selling egreat dahil sa top load hdd mechanism at USB 3 dahil I shuffle a lot of my disks when my mood tells me. Hayun buhay pa naman since 2011 heheh naakit Lang ako palayo sa Realtek 1185/1186 when a friend loaned me a  Himedia q10 pro, eh di yun ginamit ko sa apartments tuwang tuwa ang mga tenants hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2017 at 04:47 PM by toys4geeks »
toy