Author Topic: 5.1 audio va USB?  (Read 711 times)

Offline jambajuice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
5.1 audio va USB?
« on: Jan 20, 2017 at 08:37 AM »
Hi guys. Quick question here. I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to audio eh. Haha.

So my Tv is connected to my samsung receiver via optical cable. And i also have my ps4 connected to my tv via hdmi.

Now whenever I play games or netflix from my ps4, the receiver reads DTS and audio is ALWAYS 5.1
But when I change sources to USB to play movies, the receiver reads LPCM and SOMETIMES plays 5.1 but most of the time its 2.1 I'll have to turn the tv and receiver off several times until the receiver reads Dolby Digital and then its 5.1.

My question is, how come it changes from 5.1 to 2.1 at random? Note I'm testing it with one movie file that supports 5.1 audio.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017 at 08:39 AM by jambajuice »

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
Re: 5.1 audio va USB?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM »
punta ka sa settings ng PS4 mo.. sa audio. meron yun dun. nasa config yan ng PS4 mo sir.

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Re: 5.1 audio va USB?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2017 at 01:17 PM »
Hi guys. Quick question here. I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to audio eh. Haha.

So my Tv is connected to my samsung receiver via optical cable. And i also have my ps4 connected to my tv via hdmi.

Now whenever I play games or netflix from my ps4, the receiver reads DTS and audio is ALWAYS 5.1
But when I change sources to USB to play movies, the receiver reads LPCM and SOMETIMES plays 5.1 but most of the time its 2.1 I'll have to turn the tv and receiver off several times until the receiver reads Dolby Digital and then its 5.1.

My question is, how come it changes from 5.1 to 2.1 at random? Note I'm testing it with one movie file that supports 5.1 audio.

am I correct to assume that you play USB movies from your TV and not from PS4?  if yes, my guess is your TV's Audio OUT setting is set to non-AUTO.  please check and change your TV's Audio OUT setting with AUTO or anything else except PCM.

what's the brand/model of your TV? there should be a write-up about this on your User's Manual.