Author Topic: Recommend budget NMT in the market now for playing all video/audio formats  (Read 5520 times)

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Please recommend NMT available for movie viewing from external hard drive (usually 1TB) that can basically play all audio/video formats such as mkv, ts, mpeg-4 avc, 1080p, dolby digital (ac3), dts, 6 ch, flac etc.

HDMI with coaxial, spdif or optical audio out

Will not be used for streaming videos (wala kasing internet connection)

Please also suggest where to buy and estimated price if possible. Thanks.

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
hi, sir.

i'll you'll be interested, I'm now selling mine.  good as brand new:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,211347.0.html

it's just without a COAXIAL port.

thanks!

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
hi, sir.

i'll you'll be interested, I'm now selling mine.  good as brand new:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,211347.0.html

it's just without a COAXIAL port.

thanks!

Bro, Thank you for recommendation. I think WeTek Hub will not suit me. Need either coaxial or optical out for my receiver.

By the way, I saw you have considered (or even actually auditioned TX3). Do you think it will meet my requirements?
My set up is only 5.1 audio (DTS/DD) with 1080p 3D projector and my movie files are basically mkv, 3Dmkv and ts files and also blu-ray (in folder) which are 1080p.

Offline bongchillog

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
I think zidoo x9s will suit your needs. Plays 3d mkv, 3d iso and 3d mvc accurately. Will play all of your 2d files too including bmdv and most concerts are in bluray with full menu...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017 at 11:33 PM by bongchillog »

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
I think zidoo x9s will suit your needs. Plays 3d mkv, 3d iso and 3d mvc accurately. Will play all of your 2d files too including bmdv and most concerts are in bluray with full menu...

Thank you for the reco.  Price is above my budget.
I'm looking for NMT at below P5,000 price range

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Bro, Thank you for recommendation. I think WeTek Hub will not suit me. Need either coaxial or optical out for my receiver.

By the way, I saw you have considered (or even actually auditioned TX3). Do you think it will meet my requirements?
My set up is only 5.1 audio (DTS/DD) with 1080p 3D projector and my movie files are basically mkv, 3Dmkv and ts files and also blu-ray (in folder) which are 1080p.
Hi sir

Check mo rear photo ng Himedia q3 , me optical and runs on xbmc

http://toys4geeks.nexus.ph/store/p7/HiMedia_Q3_%28new%29__4K_%28UltraHD%29_Media_Player.html

Don't mind the price , sagot kita sa pricepoint mo

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2017 at 05:39 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
there! HiMedia Q3 is much much better that TX3/TX5...  it has good support.  and you'll have a great deal for discount pa.

bag this now before offer expires -- which you won't get from other sellers, anyway =))

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
Hi sir

Check mo rear photo ng Himedia q3 , me optical and runs on xbmc

http://toys4geeks.nexus.ph/store/p7/HiMedia_Q3_%28new%29__4K_%28UltraHD%29_Media_Player.html

Don't mind the price , sagot kita sa pricepoint mo

PM sent sir

Offline shoestrings

• Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Thank you for the reco.  Price is above my budget.
I'm looking for NMT at below P5,000 price range

add Php 750 to your budget and you can get a MINIX NEO U1 with 2gb of ram/16gb storage/5ghz AC wifi/optical out.
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2017 at 02:33 AM by shoestrings »
I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
PM sent sir
Replied na. Regards

toy

Offline dnous10

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
pls help what NMT that can play HEVC format? I really have problem for this kind of movie file. tia
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2017 at 02:55 PM by dnous10 »

Offline shoestrings

• Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
pls help what NMT that can play HEVC format? I really have problem for this kind of movie file. tia

Most current android boxes can play HEVC format. the Wetek hub and the Minix Neo U1 shares the same SoC and can play up to 4k 60fps 10bit HEVC.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Do you have a sample file for this? HEVC Just plays seamlessly sa Himedia, check mo po yung firmware nung current box mo , saves you Mulah if meron naman po upgrade

toy

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Most current android boxes can play HEVC format. the Wetek hub and the Minix Neo U1 shares the same SoC and can play up to 4k 60fps 10bit HEVC.

+1

WeTek Hub is cheaper and performs very well =))

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Do you have a sample file for this? HEVC Just plays seamlessly sa Himedia, check mo po yung firmware nung current box mo , saves you Mulah if meron naman po upgrade

I don't know if this have firmware a have 2 wd player the wdhdtv 1st gen and wdtv live 1st gen. itong hevc lng ayaw gumana sa 2 player ko :(

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
both wd tv may have not yet implemented with HEVC decoding.. but since it's still working, you'll just be retained playing AVC H.264 files with it...

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
both wd tv may have not yet implemented with HEVC decoding.. but since it's still working, you'll just be retained playing AVC H.264 files with it...

YES! both working I had the wdhdtv 1st gen since 2008 pa until now without no trouble and its really durable. the wdtvlive just recently but I like my 1st one kc mas mabilis mag basa kaysa tvlive. baka hanap nalang ako cheapy2 na player like OTT TV Box v88 4k streaming media player for HEVC. what do you think guys? :-\ tia

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
if not for movie streaming purposes, no need to buy a new NMT -- especially when you'd choose a cheap one.  if you really want to migrate with HEVC, buy the ones which will really perform.

their PQ/AQ is the same.  some advantages of HEVC over AVC:
- smaller file size
- higher bitrate encode
- faster for movie streaming, giving you less bandwidth consumption -- I can't seem to recall what's the technology in HEVC is called =))

masters, kindly add should I missed anything..  TIA!

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
if not for movie streaming purposes, no need to buy a new NMT -- especially when you'd choose a cheap one.  if you really want to migrate with HEVC, buy the ones which will really perform.

their PQ/AQ is the same.  some advantages of HEVC over AVC:
- smaller file size
- higher bitrate encode
- faster for movie streaming, giving you less bandwidth consumption -- I can't seem to recall what's the technology in HEVC is called =))

masters, kindly add should I missed anything..  TIA!

Thanks sir, I’m not a fan of streaming movies on a player that idea can easily damage mnt's most of my movies/tvseries/music etc... are downloaded 24/7 from torrent site(kickass/fenopy/piratebay/extratorrent) thru pc or laptop then transfer to hdd as storage and plug it on the mediaplayer like old school type. I used with it and doing this for almost a decade now. Its much faster and safer just read comments before downloading and look for trusted uploader to avoid viruses. If I have that cheapy2 mnt just to play HVEC it would help? Some torrent file kasi are HVEC. What do you think?  ;)tia

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2017 at 11:06 PM by dnous10 »

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
WeTek Hub na lang kaya?

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
you rather buy a new TV instead which can play 4K HEVC or FHD HEVC on its native/built-in media player via your HDD thru USB. 

you will be upgrading your TV in the future, anyway.  so might as well do it now, rather upgrade your NMT but use an old model TV which cannot support new video codecs... if it's a smart one, you could "stream" movies with it too!

btw, streaming movies online via Netflix, Iflix, Amazon, Youtube, etc. does not and will not damage your NMT nor your TV..  this is the new norm now -- that is, for those with really fast internet service =))

Offline shoestrings

• Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
WeTek Hub na lang kaya?
try to look for more alternatives.. the wetek hub is a good choice but it lacks optical out and it only have 1 USB port. And it also just have 1gb of ram (actual usable RAM is only 775mb) and 8gb storage, Though its sufficient to run kodi and some other apps but you might think of doing more to your box in the future(like gaming). So I suggest getting a 2gb ram box with ample amount of usb ports. You can also check out Minix Neo U1 almost same price point with the Wetek Hub.  Both are great brands and both are Diamond Sponsors for Kodi. Both have their own customized Kodi releases like the Wetek Media Player and the Minix XMBC. 

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
copy mga sirs thanks ;)

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
hey guys I found this one a simple solution nmy probs >:D

http://www.mede8er.eu/en/index.php?d=450x2s

Offline shoestrings

• Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
hey guys I found this one a simple solution nmy probs >:D

http://www.mede8er.eu/en/index.php?d=450x2s

as per checking the specs of the RTD1185 .. its not showing that it supports HEVC..

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
ganun ba  :-\ hehe

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
as per checking the specs of the RTD1185 .. its not showing that it supports HEVC..

you're right sir hindi nga. tnx

Video Codecs Supported: MPEG-1-2/MPEG-4 SP/ASP/AVC (H.264)/XviD/WMV9 (VC-1)/RealVideo 8/9/10 (tot 720P)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
any recommended 4k media player 5k or below na kaya magread ng 8tb external hdd?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline jvincentm3

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
•Samsung 43F4900•Bose Acoustimass 6•Bose 201 V•Denon X500+Sys5.1•PS4•Unblock Tech Gen•PCH A-410 4TB