Author Topic: all genre music speaker  (Read 4172 times)

Offline scumbads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
all genre music speaker
« on: Apr 08, 2017 at 09:33 PM »
mga sir any tips in bookshelf speaker i listened to everything classic, rock etc etc.. for music set up only. yung budget friendly na rin po mga sir..

TIA. :)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: all genre music speaker
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 01:04 AM »
Wala ako mai recommend na specific brand, i suggest a matching BS & Sub for more rounder system...
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline scumbads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 04:15 AM »
Wala ako mai recommend na specific brand, i suggest a matching BS & Sub for more rounder system...

ok sir audiojunkie maraming salamat po.

Offline Destuning

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 08:17 AM »
Why not try Swan M50W, it's categorized as an acoustic speakers.   However, the downside of this, it's going to take a long time to completely burn in.   It's 3.5 inch midrange will give an ideal sound for various kinds of instrument.   I used mine to augment my other floorstanding speakers, which was customized by a famous maker.   And I am confident that the hybrid have produced a realistic respond to the ears.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 08:32 AM »
DENTONs  "Bang For The Buck All Rounder!"
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline jay john

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 08:05 PM »
DENTONs  "Bang For The Buck All Rounder!"

+1 for the wharfedale Denton.  Had mine since 2013. Never fails to amaze me. Pair it with a powerful amp and give it space to bloom. 

Offline scumbads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 08:51 PM »
+1 for the wharfedale Denton.  Had mine since 2013. Never fails to amaze me. Pair it with a powerful amp and give it space to bloom. 

where can i get this denton sir?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 09:20 PM »

where can i get this denton sir?
Sa watt Hifi in makati nakakita ako. Plus you can bring your music materials there and try different speakers that would suit your preference.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 10:48 PM »
Why not try Swan M50W, it's categorized as an acoustic speakers.   However, the downside of this, it's going to take a long time to completely burn in.   It's 3.5 inch midrange will give an ideal sound for various kinds of instrument.   

I also have this speaker setup in my den (together with other floorstanding speakers with their own dedicated system) and I do recommend this for all types of music. It has a clear, balanced and neutral sound signature which I prefer over certain speakers. I personally don't like "colored" sound. I play my music without EQ. For example,  when I want to hear the saxophone in the music,  I do get the natural sound of a saxophone, not a faint representation thereof.  When the singer stands so close to the mic, I can clearly hear how the singer breathes and exhales with his mouth while singing in that proximity. A lesser-quality speaker in this category cannot easily reproduce this sonic detail. You want to hear the deep frequencies? Go ahead, turn the knob behind the subwoofer to play some bass-heavy Nicki Minaj tunes. Despite its size, it reproduces music with impressive height and width which can rival some of the expensive floorstanding speakers' performance when paired with an excellent sound source. At the moment I use a dedicated Onkyo CD player with it. It has a built-in amp. It looks so nice on the shelf, too.

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2017 at 11:08 PM by traveler69 »

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2017 at 11:46 PM »
I also have this speaker setup in my den (together with other floorstanding speakers with their own dedicated system) and I do recommend this for all types of music. It has a clear, balanced and neutral sound signature which I prefer over certain speakers. I personally don't like "colored" sound. I play my music without EQ. For example,  when I want to hear the saxophone in the music,  I do get the natural sound of a saxophone, not a faint representation thereof.  When the singer stands so close to the mic, I can clearly hear how the singer breathes and exhales with his mouth while singing in that proximity. A lesser-quality speaker in this category cannot easily reproduce this sonic detail. You want to hear the deep frequencies? Go ahead, turn the knob behind the subwoofer to play some bass-heavy Nicki Minaj tunes. Despite its size, it reproduces music with impressive height and width which can rival some of the expensive floorstanding speakers' performance when paired with an excellent sound source. At the moment I use a dedicated Onkyo CD player with it. It has a built-in amp. It looks so nice on the shelf, too.

how much naman ganito? :)

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2017 at 12:23 AM »
^Within the range of P12,500 to P14,500 the last time I checked local prices in January 2017.

Offline Destuning

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2017 at 02:53 AM »
how much naman ganito? :)
The subwoofer has the punch which you may called decent.   The sounds played from an Ipad or cellphone could already give good satisfaction.   Check tipidpc for best price.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017 at 03:02 AM by Destuning »

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2017 at 06:30 AM »
^Within the range of P12,500 to P14,500 the last time I checked local prices in January 2017.
Thanks! :)

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 10, 2017 at 06:31 AM »
The subwoofer has the punch which you may called decent.   The sounds played from an Ipad or cellphone could already give good satisfaction.   Check tipidpc for best price.
Okay chief, thanks! ;)

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2017 at 02:28 PM »
What is the brand?

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 10, 2017 at 03:03 PM »
^Swans M50W 2.1 Speaker

Offline sgxp

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2017 at 08:31 AM »
Meron namang for sale na PSB B6, keri nun mga type mong music.
gumby>h80>mod. ip360 / yggy>joti>mod. hd650

Offline joesat

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: Jun 03, 2017 at 04:37 AM »
Elac debut b6 or wharfedale diamond 225
Yam aventage,Sansui,kenwood,emotiva,rotel rc971/rb981,amx 6l6,s67n,Audio nirvana,mark audio,elac b6

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 883
« Reply #18 on: Jun 04, 2017 at 02:36 PM »
I was led to believe by the people who influenced me to this hobby that a good speaker system should excel in all genres.  If a speaker excels in specific genres then its no good to begin with. In retrospect they were right. 
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #19 on: Jun 04, 2017 at 04:03 PM »
I was led to believe by the people who influenced me to this hobby that a good speaker system should excel in all genres.  If a speaker excels in specific genres then its no good to begin with. In retrospect they were right.
Correct! It should reproduce any genre or anything that you throw at it properly. I can say a system is neutral when it gets its characteristic from the music. If the music is "malambing" then it should produce that "malambing" sound. If the music is filled with PRAT, then it should be fast and dynamic.

Often I use orchestra music to test a system because it is filled with multiple instruments and vocals. When properly recorded, the image should be well laid from left to right speakers and even sometimes goes beyond the boundaries of speakers placement.

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 04, 2017 at 04:48 PM »
Correct! It should reproduce any genre or anything that you throw at it properly. I can say a system is neutral when it gets its characteristic from the music. If the music is "malambing" then it should produce that "malambing" sound. If the music is filled with PRAT, then it should be fast and dynamic.

Often I use orchestra music to test a system because it is filled with multiple instruments and vocals. When properly recorded, the image should be well laid from left to right speakers and even sometimes goes beyond the boundaries of speakers placement.

Agree. Great note on using orchestra music to test a system.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #21 on: Jun 04, 2017 at 06:56 PM »
Jazz will suffice too in reference listening  ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline Destuning

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jun 05, 2017 at 01:21 AM »
I love to hear the distinct sound of TomTom given by a drum sets...   it gave me excitement and alive!
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2017 at 06:21 AM by Destuning »

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 883
« Reply #23 on: Jun 05, 2017 at 07:44 AM »

speaking of Orchestral music I attended a local concert several years back and that is where I realized the basis of what I will look for in any audio system. It was just an awe inspiring experience.  I then built my system to approximate something like that albeit in a much smaller scale. I think it can be reproduced at a much smaller scale yes but I don't think any speaker in the world can capture 100% the scale, impact, purity of sound and the dynamics of a full blown orchestra. It will always just be an approximation of the real deal....the only question is how good will a home audio system stack up against the real thing.

Case in point...how can several inches of speaker drivers compete with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3BXVTF7mw
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017 at 07:48 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jun 05, 2017 at 08:15 AM »
Jazz will suffice too in reference listening  ;)

+1 Also good for reference listening.