Author Topic: Need Suggestions | 49" to 55" LED TV (Samsung, LG, Sony)  (Read 1337 times)

Offline NickiRasgo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Ma'am / Sirs,

Good day!

I'm currently deciding which TV should I choose to buy between Sony, Samsung, LG or any brands. I personally prefer Sony because of our (good) personal experience when it comes to longevity however I'm now open to other brands as well esp. when it comes to price, features, performance (picture quality), durability.

I'm also into photography so I'm looking also with accuracy of the display.
It's cheaper in UAE so I'm considering asking my sister to buy instead in UAE.

With this, I'm looking on below URLs (UAE sites) which TV is the best or should I buy:

https://uae.sharafdg.com/c/tv_video_audio/tvs/?dFR[taxonomies.attr.Brand][0]=Sony&hFR[taxonomies.taxonomies_hierarchical][0]=TV%2C%20Video%20%26%20Audio%20%3E%20TVs&

https://www.carrefouruae.com/mafuae/en/audio-video/tvs-video-projectors/c/NF10010000

Seeking for your suggestions.

Thank you.  :)

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Re: Need Suggestions | 49" to 55" LED TV (Samsung, LG, Sony)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:52 AM »
any of these 3 major brands you've mentioned are good.  I have both models 2016 Sony x80d and 2016 LG UH8500

- check samsung if okay with you if the connections are separate the TV unit (it may cost you a fortune to replace it, ask the dealer how much) and check if it's Tizen OS is easy for you to use
- check LG if the web OS3.1 if you find it user-friendly, easy to navigate and change sources quickly
- as for Sony, you may have an edge if you'd like to go android gaming (using a PS4 gamepad controller), you may install TV games there via Android PlayStore, you could have Kodi/SPMC as your movie/music player

now it's up to you to spend time, visit and make a deal with major appliance stores for best offered prices. 

demo them thoroughly.. bring your best picture (image of your photography shoots), movie materials (be it a downloaded file or bluray disc) to see side-by-side the performance of  your choice of brand/model... check their remotes if easy navigating through functions, sources, etc.

check out this thread as well...
    http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,207220.0.html

=)

Offline NickiRasgo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2017 at 02:44 PM »
any of these 3 major brands you've mentioned are good.  I have both models 2016 Sony x80d and 2016 LG UH8500

- check samsung if okay with you if the connections are separate the TV unit (it may cost you a fortune to replace it, ask the dealer how much) and check if it's Tizen OS is easy for you to use
- check LG if the web OS3.1 if you find it user-friendly, easy to navigate and change sources quickly
- as for Sony, you may have an edge if you'd like to go android gaming (using a PS4 gamepad controller), you may install TV games there via Android PlayStore, you could have Kodi/SPMC as your movie/music player

now it's up to you to spend time, visit and make a deal with major appliance stores for best offered prices. 

demo them thoroughly.. bring your best picture (image of your photography shoots), movie materials (be it a downloaded file or bluray disc) to see side-by-side the performance of  your choice of brand/model... check their remotes if easy navigating through functions, sources, etc.

check out this thread as well...
    http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,207220.0.html

=)

Thanks a lot Sir! Forgot to include the budget, looking around 30K to 40K. Currently considering LG UH7700 55" and if Sony, which model can you recommend? :)

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2017 at 07:57 PM »
Thanks a lot Sir! Forgot to include the budget, looking around 30K to 40K. Currently considering LG UH7700 55" and if Sony, which model can you recommend? :)

UH7700 is good, sir.  but where can you source it brand new?  this should shoot your budget.

with sony, your budget can get you a 43" only, sadly.  go with the 2017 E series or 2016 D series.  I checked a forum lately and I think we'd be lucky enough to get an update for Nougat 7.0 with 2015 & above models.  not sure of Youtube HDR, though.   I updated mine a month or so ago for HLG-support capability :)