Author Topic: Cignal on Roku  (Read 10341 times)

Offline mccoy26

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cignal on Roku
« on: Jul 03, 2017 at 03:41 PM »
HD channels have washed out images and audio is a big fail especially when watching MTV Live HD. Im under fibrplan 1899(20 mbps). Any of you roku owners have a workaround or i just have to live with it?

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Cignal on Roku
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2017 at 12:56 PM »
Looks like it was good that we cancellec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mccoy26

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2017 at 02:45 PM »
Update:

"HD" channels have improved and are now HD quality as of yesterday.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2017 at 10:51 AM »
Hindi ganun ka linaw ang HD Channels sa Roku compared to actual HD boxes. I have roku from PLDT
Walang Setup

Offline brutalpanda

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2017 at 10:27 PM »
Question, does this affect internet speed (ala video streaming Cignal) or does this work like the Cignal over Fibr box?

Also, would you know if I need to pay for another monthly Cignal plan on top of the Roku box if I already have a Cignal subscription? I'm currently on Plan 550 + 199 (for Cignal box). Also on Fibr 1899.
Honest Movie Reviews:
http://www.reeladvice.net

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM »
Question, does this affect internet speed (ala video streaming Cignal) or does this work like the Cignal over Fibr box?

Also, would you know if I need to pay for another monthly Cignal plan on top of the Roku box if I already have a Cignal subscription? I'm currently on Plan 550 + 199 (for Cignal box). Also on Fibr 1899.

same situation here sir ... I already asked an agent via phone, and they said that using the Roku would be a separate Cignal subscription, unlike getting an additional STB wherein you only have to pay additional 199 and retain the same subscription - I'm not sure if the agent is just not knowledgeable, but this is the same feedback from other PDVD members and Roku PH forum members

regarding the Internet bandwidth, this will consume Internet bandwidth when you're streaming, unlike the STB
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline brutalpanda

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2017 at 11:04 AM »
Wow. That's too bad. I guess I won't avail for now.

I hope PLDT reconsiders the need to pay a separate Cignal fee once again. It's not economical for current subscribers. Probably a technical issue on their part at the moment.

Thanks!
Honest Movie Reviews:
http://www.reeladvice.net

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2017 at 08:07 PM »
Wow. That's too bad. I guess I won't avail for now.

I hope PLDT reconsiders the need to pay a separate Cignal fee once again. It's not economical for current subscribers. Probably a technical issue on their part at the moment.

Thanks!

same thoughts here sir, but looking at how this works, they may have a point in requiring another subscription because you can practically take the Roku to another household and use it to access Cignal channels, unlike an additional STB wherein limited lang sa bahay mo yung usage ... if you're thinking of using it as a second STB, not a good idea because of the additional subscription ... good option if you have PLDT Fibr and no Cignal cable bundled to the service yet

Offline jmn025

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018 at 05:58 PM »
Actually guys until now nakaka experience parin ako ng bad quality channels sa cignal sa roku.. not hd quality talaga, internet speed ko is 5mbps dsl lang.. may kinalaman kaya yun dun?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018 at 09:15 PM »
Actually guys until now nakaka experience parin ako ng bad quality channels sa cignal sa roku.. not hd quality talaga, internet speed ko is 5mbps dsl lang.. may kinalaman kaya yun dun?

my understanding is that the recommended speed is at least 8Mbps, and you also have to consider other devices using your Internet at home because the Roku device would be competing with other devices using the Internet for the bandwidth usage ... another thing is that Cignal does not really offer that much HD channels

Offline Dgame12345

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2018 at 11:12 AM »
Anu po ang advantage ng cignal on roku over sa cignal via dish?

Parang nakikita ko lang advantage is wala ka lang e kakabit na dish sa bahay nyu...
E cignal via pldt fibr anu advantage ng roku cignal po dun?

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2018 at 11:58 AM »
Anu po ang advantage ng cignal on roku over sa cignal via dish?

Parang nakikita ko lang advantage is wala ka lang e kakabit na dish sa bahay nyu...
E cignal via pldt fibr anu advantage ng roku cignal po dun?

Mas maganda pa din ang dish
Walang Setup

Offline Dgame12345

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2018 at 01:41 PM »
I agree with you...
Kasi sa roku you still need a faster internet para ma view mo ng malinaw ung mga hd channels nila.. mdyo dependent ka masyado sa internet po...
That why im curious din if kung anu ba advantege ng cignal via roku...
E pareho din naman sila may monthly subscription..

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2018 at 11:10 PM »
I have Roku purchased in the US and using it on Sling TV subscription ... everything is HD and plays smoothly on a 50Mbps PLDT Fibr ... not worth buying the Roku from PLDT and watching Cignal channels, first off, the Roku model they are providing is very old and does not support 4K UHD, and Cignal on IP network is not stable ... Cignal on dish is the way to go if you prefer Cignal

Offline john15442

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 12, 2018 at 05:35 AM »
i have the pldt roku with the cignal plan, i tried to disconnect the cignal plan since I cant view the channels since the audio will be distorted intermittently. however pldt want to charge me a termination fee for the cignal plan. my case was escalated and someone from pldt told me that they will waive the termination fee and cancel the service. Both promises were broken and im still stuck paying the monthly plan.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2018 at 08:47 AM »
i have the pldt roku with the cignal plan, i tried to disconnect the cignal plan since I cant view the channels since the audio will be distorted intermittently. however pldt want to charge me a termination fee for the cignal plan. my case was escalated and someone from pldt told me that they will waive the termination fee and cancel the service. Both promises were broken and im still stuck paying the monthly plan.

Wait, so you Cignal plan eh may lock-in? Hindi ba sya monthly lang na you can disconnect anytime?

Offline donpajama713

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2020 at 09:49 AM »
kahit hindi mu gamitin o d ka manood ng cgnal sa ruko anjan pa rn ang charges bweset talaga to pldt mahina na nga ang internet pa wala wala pa ang conection d talaga worth it ang binabayaran mu. dapat hiwalay yung charges sa cgnal at sa bills nyo. ayusin nyo serbisyo nyo!!!! kac ngbabayad kmi ng maayus!!!!!

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2020 at 10:26 AM »
Noted po sir