Author Topic: Sony 555esxII  (Read 807 times)

Offline ding45

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sony 555esxII
« on: Aug 14, 2017 at 08:57 AM »
I made a mistake and now my nice sounding vintage amp won't turn on.....I was connecting a phonostage for my TT to the aux input of the amp but when I played an LP no sound comes out...I stopped the TT and checked what could be the problem....and I saw it, I wrongly connected the phono input to MC instead of MM...so what I did was pull out the interconnect from the MC input
to put it on the MM input but as soon as the red IC touched the MM input I heard a loud "pop" from the right speaker.....then I noticed the amp power indicator turn red (instead of green)and I noticed a slight burning smell.....I switched off the power and turned it back on...but now the power indicator no longer turns green after 7 seconds. (A clicking sound can be heard from the amp after 7 seconds and then the power indicator turns green...Now I can still hear the clicking sound but the light stays red and no sound comes out.) I should have switched the amp OFF before tinkering with the ICs
Has anyone experienced this before......
To the Technically Adept members of PDVD... is my amp in BIG trouble or can it be repaired easily....
Thanks in Advance to all
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017 at 08:59 AM by ding45 »

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
Re: Sony 555esxII
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2017 at 09:16 AM »
Markcrenz
Where is the Love? BEP