Author Topic: Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (and the Fab Five)  (Read 13374 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (and the Fab Five)
« Reply #30 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:12 AM »
I thought last night's episode was great--the bald guy actually ended up like a better-looking version of Moby. As usual Thom's work was outstanding. Hated the guy's mom though; she looked like an evil, domineering witch; no wonder the son ended up insecure and kinda neurotic.

Next week, it's the Christmas reunion with Butch (1st ep artist), Adam (2nd ep chubby guy), John (the one who proposed to his Armenian live-in girlfriend) and George (fabio-lookalike personal trainer).  8)
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:15 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:20 AM »
Yeah, I enjoyed last night's episode too. Kyan and Thom never cease to amaze me. Who else wanted to spit on Richard's mother? I wanted to walk up to her and say:

Me: Does your husband beat you?
Dick's Mother: No. Why?
Me: He should.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:23 AM »
Me: Does your husband beat you?
Dick's Mother: No. Why?
Me: He should.

Hahahah! You're bad! ;D

Next week, it's the Christmas reunion with Butch (1st ep artist), Adam (2nd ep chubby guy), John (the one who proposed to his Armenian live-in girlfriend) and George (fabio-lookalike personal trainer).  8)

Hey, how'd you know what's next week's episode? Meron bang, "Next week on Queer Eye..." towards the end, after the show? Does ETC have teasers? I never seem to catch it.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:25 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:41 AM »
Hey, how'd you know what's next week's episode? Meron bang, "Next week on Queer Eye..." towards the end, after the show? Does ETC have teasers? I never seem to catch it.

I check the BravoTV episode guide they have there, but the episodes are listed in the order they were originally aired on US TV, and not according to episode number.

We're luckier here because ETC has been closely following the episode number sequence so far.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:52 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 04:09 AM »
was it just by chance... but did they finally edit out that annoying "who's the queer?" intro to their new promo! (thank GOD!!!)  O0

i have to say tho... i absolutely LOVED thom's work in richard's house! (the colors he used was, well... just FAB! i little unsure about that mirror-thingy tho.  :-\) also, i can't help but wonder if they were kidding about thom's supposed weave.  ::) :P

parang walang ginawa nga si ted and jai in this episode eh.  :-\
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2004 at 04:28 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 04:27 AM »

naku! walang silang "teasers" minsang nga the episodic promos come out after the first airing! he he he. i just hope they really show it kahit na hindi pa christmas season ... how's this for a teaser?:

"C'mon people - Let's make the Yuletide gay!!" - Carson

Offline MigraineBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Think Before You Post
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Aug 17, 2004 at 10:28 AM »
I really envy the guy in last night's episode. I wanna work in a strip joint too!

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Aug 17, 2004 at 10:33 AM »
drat ETC, they skipped the Holiday Reunion episode--looks like they're actually planning to air this on Christmas.  >:(

here's the episode number sequence:

episode 115: Mr. Clean Comes Clean (Richard M) - etc air date: aug. 9
episode 116: A Very Queer Eye Holiday (Brian S./Adam Z./John B./George K.)
episode 117: Radio Ralph (Ralph S.) - etc air date: aug 16

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 10:31 PM »
this week's episode was groooovy... SIP!

O0 O0 O0 O0

* was it just me...  but there were moments when the straight guy seemed gay-er than the fab five.  :P

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #39 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 11:12 PM »
Ted's my favorite queer. I like how he's so dry. I'd date him. ;)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 24, 2004 at 10:11 AM »
LOL, this episode was hilarious, lalo na yung first part--poor Thom was nearly in tears when seeing the apartment; "I wanna go home, I hate this place."

I cracked up when Thom & Jai were acting out this cheesy drama with equally cheesy music in the background, and Kyan doing a Whitney Houston impression.   ;D

But the straight guy? He still looked somewhat the same after the makeover, and I didn't find his stand up comedy act funny at all...  :P
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2004 at 11:31 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Aug 24, 2004 at 04:43 PM »
LOL, this episode was hilarious, lalo na yung first part--poor Thom was nearly in tears when seeing the apartment; "I wanna go home, I hate this place."

I cracked up when Thom & Jai were acting out this cheesy drama with equally cheesy music in the background, and Kyan doing a Whitney Houston impression.   ;D

But the straight guy? He still looked somewhat the same after the makeover, and I didn't find his stand up comedy act funny at all...  :P

really?! my brother and i were in stitches! we thought the guy was quite funny naman... i guess his brand of humor isn't for everyone.  :-\

Offline MultipleAngles

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • BANZAI!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 24, 2004 at 08:15 PM »
I thought he was funny, too. However, it just didn't seem natural, considering we've seen him behave differently away from the mic stand. Like the owner(?) of the comedy club said, you're really at your comic best when you're just being yourself.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 25, 2004 at 02:04 AM »
I thought he was funny, too. However, it just didn't seem natural, considering we've seen him behave differently away from the mic stand. Like the owner(?) of the comedy club said, you're really at your comic best when you're just being yourself.

that's true tho... he was still playing a character (SIP!). but i think he injected a little more of his own experiences... hence, the "girlfriend jokes" which he didn't use before.  ;)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 26, 2004 at 12:28 PM »

* was it just me... but there were moments when the straight guy seemed gay-er than the fab five. :P

It's not just you. We thought he looked queer too. ;D

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #45 on: Aug 26, 2004 at 01:32 PM »

It's not just you. We thought he looked queer too. ;D

Nah, he was WAY too clueless to be queer. What he was, was loony.

Offline MultipleAngles

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • BANZAI!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 27, 2004 at 12:06 PM »

that's true tho... he was still playing a character (SIP!). but i think he injected a little more of his own experiences... hence, the "girlfriend jokes" which he didn't use before.  ;)

True true true! Also, I just remembered a few comics who successfully play characters on stand-up. There's Bobcat Goldwaith and Gilbert Gottfried (at least I think he's playing a character). I guess it's all about synthesis.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Aug 27, 2004 at 07:44 PM »
True true true! Also, I just remembered a few comics who successfully play characters on stand-up. There's Bobcat Goldwaith and Gilbert Gottfried (at least I think he's playing a character). I guess it's all about synthesis.

that reminds me ... is jeff foxworthy playing a character?? i know he's a real redneck but sometimes i can't help but wonder how much is fact and how much is fiction.  :-\

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Aug 31, 2004 at 12:41 AM »
Last night's episode was one of the more boring ones for me. The guy was so dull and bland that whatever he did was just plain meh. And he does look like he stinks--what is it with these people that they can go out and attend a major event without showering? And right after spending most of the day wearing a smelly sweater. Jai said it best: "He personally reeks."  :P

I don't know, I'm just the type of person who cannot leave the house without showering or brushing my teeth--this could be deemed obsessive-compulsive to some, but I don't care, at least I'm clean, and I feel good when I know I'm clean.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Aug 31, 2004 at 04:41 AM »
Last night's episode was one of the more boring ones for me. The guy was so dull and bland that whatever he did was just plain meh. And he does look like he stinks--what is it with these people that they can go out and attend a major event without showering? And right after spending most of the day wearing a smelly sweater. Jai said it best: "He personally reeks."  :P

I don't know, I'm just the type of person who cannot leave the house without showering or brushing my teeth--this could be deemed obsessive-compulsive to some, but I don't care, at least I'm clean, and I feel good when I know I'm clean.

amen!  :-X :-X :-X

clothes and apartment aside... the guy didn't even change one bit (or smell better, for that matter.) :(

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 31, 2004 at 05:36 PM »
clothes and apartment aside... the guy didn't even change one bit (or smell better, for that matter.) :(

The weird thing is, Kyan hardly did anything, considering that the guy needed grooming the most--bathing, haircut, maybe even treating his nails--and all Kyan did was take him to a spa for massage?  :o

Offline demented_angel

• DVD Guru
  • i'm wishing on a star, to follow where you are...
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Sep 08, 2004 at 07:27 AM »
JOHN ZIMMERMAN IV is HOT!  >:D[/color]

he's so cute, charming, romantic, and most of all delicious!  O0 O0 O0

check this one out!

Which Member from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is your type?

i like... :-* :-* :-*

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Sep 08, 2004 at 11:53 AM »
JOHN ZIMMERMAN IV is HOT!  >:D[/color]

he's so cute, charming, romantic, and most of all delicious!  O0 O0 O0

check this one out!

Which Member from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is your type?

i like... :-* :-* :-*

ha ha ha! trust on a cute staight guy (and a queer eye based personality quiz) to make DA post sa thread na ito...  ;)

john zimmerman is undoubtedly one of the better looking staight guys to get a queer eye makeover. i actually remember him skating with his partner kyoko ina (who is asian and looks so short next to him... no wonder hirap sya buhatin yung wife nya. he's used to a much lighter weight.  ;)) on espn and star world. i wonder kung retired na siya...

here ya go DA... team i&z (ina & zimmerman) doing one of their "signature moves": the spread eagle.

you can learn more about team i&z from their official website.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2004 at 11:59 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 11, 2004 at 01:12 AM »
Recent article on cnn.com:

Ratings not so fab as 'Queer Eye' fades

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Sep 13, 2004 at 06:57 PM »
Good news, at least:

Queer Eye For the Straight Guy just won the Emmy for "Outstanding Reality Program", beating out Colonial House,  Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,  Penn & Teller: Bullcrap!, and Project Greenlight8)

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 02, 2004 at 03:39 AM »
This show is way way to late in the Philippines...

Its just recent the Metrosexual fad hittinh Manila
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Great Buys

• Collector
  • Great Buys Hunter!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 03:42 PM »
I must admit, watching 5 gay guys giving tips to eveyday Joes is not my cup of tea. But after watching this show, I really liked it.

It could be because you can sense that the Fab 5 are really sincere in giving helpful tips and makeovers to unsohisticated straight guys. They do it in a very direct yet very effective manner, and they do appreciate it very much when their subjects do good.

Plus everyday Joes get fantastic tips from the Fab 5 in every episode.  This show is 5 STARS in my book,.. Ooops -WRONG SHOW!! hehehe...  8)
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2004 at 11:05 AM by Great Buys »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #57 on: Jun 05, 2005 at 06:25 PM »
SOME GOOD NEWS FOR QUEER EYE FANS: I saw a poster that Thom and Kyan will be in Greenbelt 3 on June 11. Don't know exactly for what or the exact time but you can catch them there.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #58 on: Jun 12, 2005 at 06:20 PM »
my wife dragged me to GB3 yesterday because she wanted to see Kyan Douglas... when we got there, there were hundreds of people there already, most of them women... when Kyan Douglas came out, all of them (including my wife  :P) were screaming their heads off!! You could hear women screaming "Ang gwapo nya!!!" and "I love you Kyan!!" Admittedly, he is one good looking dude but ladies let me remind you what TV show he is on....  ;D hehehehehe talk about barking up the wrong tree  ;D

My wife wanted to stay pa to have her book signed but there were too many people so we left na lang  ;D

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #59 on: Jun 12, 2005 at 08:03 PM »
I caught a glimpse of him. But I had to run off to a Mr. and Mrs. Smith screening. He looks way more handsome in person. Had it been Carson, I would've stayed because he's funny.