Author Topic: 2018-2019 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 231594 times)

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Re: 2018-2019 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #2040 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 05:43 AM »

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2041 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 06:36 AM »
sana mabasa ng NBA ang thread na ito para mapalitan na yung mga walang kwenta nilang mga commentators at makakuha sila ng mahuhusay na analyst.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Lol!

Bilib pa rin ako sa love for LBJ. Belated Happy Valentine's!

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #2042 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 08:50 AM »
But data did prove an increase in scoring right?  And that's even on the average.  But if you take into account total points say Kemba Walker.... After 56 games, he is scoring 1,412 points (2019) compared to 1,239 points (2018) after also 56 games.

A difference of 173 total points. That's significant.  That is why I look at total points than average.  Pag average kasi around 3ppg lang ang difference.  Maliit nga.  But total points ma!aki difference at 173 points.

After 56 games in 2017 to 2018 kemba made 162 threes. Thats 486 points. After 56 games in 2018 to 2019 kemba made 187 threes. Thats 561 points. Difference is total 75 points. As you say total points is significant. So yes, its the 3's.

Im not sure data ko tama sa 17 to 18. You can double check

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2043 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 09:18 AM »
Kaya maraming 3s kasi walang depensa. Hindi makalapit sa offensive player yung defensive player. Si offensive player, laging nakaharap sa basket. E di mag tres na lang sya kasi he's practically open. Kaya pati mga bigs, nagpapractice na rin mag tres kasi mas maluwag para sa kanila.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2019 at 09:20 AM by bumblebee »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #2044 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 09:59 AM »
Kaya maraming 3s kasi walang depensa. Hindi makalapit sa offensive player yung defensive player. Si offensive player, laging nakaharap sa basket. E di mag tres na lang sya kasi he's practically open. Kaya pati mga bigs, nagpapractice na rin mag tres kasi mas maluwag para sa kanila.

The distance of shooting threes has become farther and farther. Na trend ni curry nito imo. Its not they dont want to get up to the guy, its because they are making shots farther and farther that the defender dont expect them to make it. If you get close to them, they drive past you. Kaya impossible to defend imo. Its not because of the ruling. They are daring them to shoot that far. Live or die by the three nga.

Yun one ruling i agree na made big change is the hand check rule. But to say because of some new rule that you cant get up close to a shooter is absurd to me. Siempre if you shoot and somehody hit your arm, then its a foul. When you grab his arm while going up to shoot, then its a foul. The commentators like van gundy and jackson has already adressed this so many times.

I dont know. I just play casual ball in 70s to 2000. Maybe i dont comprehend the rules much. Barkada ball lang, not competition ball. I just dont see a  ruling that will make scoring skyrocket. Like i say, at least the top ten should be averaging at least 30ppg.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM by Moks007 »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2045 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 10:31 AM »
After 56 games in 2017 to 2018 kemba made 162 threes. Thats 486 points. After 56 games in 2018 to 2019 kemba made 187 threes. Thats 561 points. Difference is total 75 points. As you say total points is significant. So yes, its the 3's.

Im not sure data ko tama sa 17 to 18. You can double check

It doesn't matter if the increase in Kemba's total points comes from threes.  It's irrelevant.  I am not even disagreeing with you that he is shooting more threes. 

But the fact of the matter is his scoring is dramatically up.  Like I said to compare using his scoring average for 2017-2018...both years at 56 games... Kemba is scoring 173 points more in 2018-2019. Imagine same number of games but scoring 173 points more.  I am not even contradicting the increase is from threes.  Since there is more emphasis in an offensive players'freedom of movement, Kemba gets to his spot unimpeded.  From the Hornets games I have seen, most of his threes are assisted.  So his cuts, and coming off from screens are unimpeded the result of which he gets off a good attempt.  Thus if your sole argument is the increase in his scoring is from threes, then I am not refuting that.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2046 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 10:40 AM »
The distance of shooting threes has become farther and farther. Na trend ni curry nito imo. Its not they dont want to get up to the guy, its because they are making shots farther and farther that the defender dont expect them to make it. If you get close to them, they drive past you. Kaya impossible to defend imo. Its not because of the ruling. They are daring them to shoot that far. Live or die by the three nga.

Yun one ruling i agree na made big change is the hand check rule. But to say because of some new rule that you cant get up close to a shooter is absurd to me. Siempre if you shoot and somehody hit your arm, then its a foul. When you grab his arm while going up to shoot, then its a foul. The commentators like van gundy and jackson has already adressed this so many times.

I dont know. I just play casual ball in 70s to 2000. Maybe i dont comprehend the rules much. Barkada ball lang, not competition ball. I just dont see a  ruling that will make scoring skyrocket. Like i say, at least the top ten should be averaging at least 30ppg.

I don't know bakit hindi mo pa makuha. Naglalaro ka naman pala. Saan ba mas madaling tumira, dikit na bantay o malayo na nakaharap lang sayo? Kaya nga pag playoffs mababa scoring e. Kasi mas tinotolerate ng refs ang physical defense.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #2047 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 11:06 AM »
I don't know bakit hindi mo pa makuha. Naglalaro ka naman pala. Saan ba mas madaling tumira, dikit na bantay o malayo na nakaharap lang sayo? Kaya nga pag playoffs mababa scoring e. Kasi mas tinotolerate ng refs ang physical defense.

I understand. so you are saying nga on top of the key bawal lumapit ang defensive player? I never heard that, baka nga im not comprehending.

ito ang definition nila sa freedom of movement.

The emphasis on freedom of movement is geared toward cutting down on arm wraps, grabbing and dislodging by both offensive and defensive players. The respect for the game guidelines have further identified gestures and reactions by both players and coaches that go against proper game decorum.

So if you think you play better defense by grabbing people, then ok, end of argument na tayo.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2019 at 11:07 AM by Moks007 »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #2048 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 11:12 AM »
Uy, meron palang player dito?  :o

Depende sa style ng scorer kung saan sya mas madali umiskor, wala 'yun sa dikit, malapit, malayo, nakaharap, nakatuwad, etc.

Lumaki lang naman issue dahil sa naniwala sa sinabi kuno ni Luka, na hindi naman pala ganun ang sinabi.  :-[

Huling hirit ko na yan sa scoring topic, since magkakaiba na naman ang pananaw ibang topic naman  :D

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2049 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 11:14 AM »
Hindi bawal lumapit. Pwede pa nga sila magkwentuhan e ;D Kaso tampering na yun hehe

Pero kasi pag sobra syang lumapit, iiwan na lang sya at wala na syang magagawa kasi matatawagan sya ng foul kung mag impede sya. Sana ma gets mo na :)

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2050 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 11:21 AM »
I understand gusto nyong ipagtanggol ang mga bagong  players ngayon. Pero sana wag kayong magulat kapag natalo US sa Olympics ha?

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #2051 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 11:29 AM »
Please give me an example of impede. What kind of action in the court?

basta for me, pag impede siya, for me that's either grabbing jersey or holding, grabbing arm,  If you get in front of him, side of whatever. It is not a foul.

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #2052 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 11:34 AM »
Basta lebron will never be better than Kobe lol

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #2053 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 12:21 PM »
Ito best explained. From rappler.

NBA emphasizes ‘freedom of movement’ this season
There will be no more jersey holds, shoulder grabs, arm wraps – things that fans were used to seeing in a highly physical game

Paul Mata
Published: 3:22:9am October 13, 2018

Updated: 3:22:9am October 13, 2018

FREE-FLOWING. The NBA looks to unleash a smoother flow of the game by calling fouls that impede the flow and movement of a player. Photo by Paul Mata/Rappler
CHARLOTTE, USA – As Brandon Ingram received a pass from a running Rajon Rondo, Kevin Durant raised his left arm to block the young Lakers’ forward view. Ingram then decided to go right and started to attack the basket while Durant countered by placing his left arm on Ingram’s left arm.

“Prrrrtt!” as Leon Wood blows his whistle to give Durant his sixth foul with 5:07 left in the 3rd quarter of the preseason game of the Golden State Warriors and the Los Angeles Lakers at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Warriors’ teammate Steph Curry places his hands on his head in disbelief.

ESPN analyst Mark Jackson looked at the replay and remarks, “That’s the right call. There’s contact.”

In previous seasons, such calls would have been let-go by the referees. But the upcoming season is looking to be different as the league is looking to institute more "freedom of movement" for the game and its best players.

Ever since 2004 when hand-checks were considered as fouls, the league has been slowly putting more emphasis on the free-flow environment of the game. This season, they’re going all-in.

“Wraps around the waist are fouls this year,” Monty McCutcheon, NBA vice president and head of referee development and training, pointed it out at the during a training camp for referees prior to the preseason and in video a released by the league last September 27.

All-Access at NBA Referee Training Camp: VP, Head of Referee Development & Training Monty McCutchen talks to referees about an important point of education for 2018-19 – freedom of movement. pic.twitter.com/4jHFyqFEs7 — NBA Official (@NBAOfficial) September 29, 2018

Add to that list – No more jersey holds. No more shoulder grabs. No more arm wraps. No more dislodges. Things that fans were used to seeing in a highly physical game.

What McCutcheon was pointing out was that they were putting more importance to a rule that already been on the NBA rulebook all this time, specifically, Section 12B (1) on Personal Fouls:

“a. A player shall not hold, push, charge into, impede the progress of an opponent by extending a hand, arm, leg or knee or by bending the body into a position that is not normal. Contact that results in the re-routing of an opponent is a foul which must be called immediately. 

Players and coaches will now need to be more creative in their defensive strategies.

One of them that could benefit from this point of emphasis is Curry, whose game thrives in screens and constant running but has been hampered by body checks by some of the burliest defenders put against him.

For Durant, he knows that they have to be adjusting to such calls. “It’s tough to make that kind of switch, points of emphasis and how to call those things," he said. "We just have to be patient. We know it’s early in the season. But you know when you are in the court in the moment it sometimes gets the best of you." 

When asked further about such changes in the post-game interview, he added: “The NBA is making ways to make the league better, to make the game better. The referees are working hard to figure some of those out. It’s a great time to put it in use in the preseason. It’s not one of those things that you have to pissed off after a game. I know they’re doing their job and I know they’re going to make adjustments as well.” – Rappler.com
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2019 at 12:26 PM by Moks007 »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2019 at 12:34 PM by bumblebee »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2055 on: Feb 15, 2019 at 06:03 PM »
AD injured, even doubtful sa ASG

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #2058 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 11:11 AM »
Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma: "I’d rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about"

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lakers-forward-kyle-kuzma-d-223003174.html

Ayos na ayos ang attitude ......... that's the way to go.    ;)

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2059 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 01:16 PM »
Bat kaya tinanggal si Dell Demps? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #2060 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 10:09 PM »

di na nakakagulat yun.. bobo nya kasi. luging lugi na lakers dun sa trade di pa kinagat

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2061 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 10:12 PM »

di na nakakagulat yun.. bobo nya kasi. luging lugi na lakers dun sa trade di pa kinagat

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2062 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 10:36 PM »

Papanong magiging bobo si Demps di ba kay GM Lebron nagumpisa lahat by tampering.  Consequence na lang yun firing.   ;D

Kung walang tampering, walang natanggal sa trabaho.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2063 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 12:30 AM »
Papanong magiging bobo si Demps di ba kay GM Lebron nagumpisa lahat by tampering.  Consequence na lang yun firing.   ;D

Kung walang tampering, walang natanggal sa trabaho.

kahit my tampering o wala kung pumayag sya doon sa deal panalong panalo na sila dun.. kaya tampering issue walang kinalaman.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2064 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:04 AM »
kahit my tampering o wala kung pumayag sya doon sa deal panalong panalo na sila dun.. kaya tampering issue walang kinalaman.

Paanong panalo?  They only had 1 offer on the table prior to the trade deadline.  Come summer, the Celtics potentially have the best offer.  Come summer when the draft positions are set, the team with the #1 pick could offer the same.  Come summer, other teams can bid as well.

Come summer they can always go back to the Lakers.

It may have been the Lakers' best offer, paano maging panalo if the Hornetes agreed to the trade before the deadline?

Did Presti trade George to the Lakers?  Did Popovich agree on trading Kawhi to the Lakers?

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2065 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:15 AM »
Paanong panalo?  They only had 1 offer on the table prior to the trade deadline.  Come summer, the Celtics potentially have the best offer.  Come summer when the draft positions are set, the team with the #1 pick could offer the same.  Come summer, other teams can bid as well.

Come summer they can always go back to the Lakers.

It may have been the Lakers' best offer, paano maging panalo if the Hornetes agreed to the trade before the deadline?

Did Presti trade George to the Lakers?  Did Popovich agree on trading Kawhi to the Lakers?

FYI sa pagkakaalam ko ky PG13 walang offer ang lakers. masyado lang sila naging confident na mkukuha naman nila nextyear. ky kawhi naman sure yan kahit my offer hindi tatanggapin ng spurs it's because Pop is playing smart. ayaw nya mapunta si kawhi sa team na ikakasakit ng ulo nya.

sa tingin mo anong ibang reason bakit natanggal si demps? bukod sa failed AD trade? AD can't wait for summer i think and also the owner of hornets. and sa summer kung my makuha na ang lakers na isa pang star goodluck kung makakakuha pa sila ng ganun offer ulit sa lakers.

and how can you sure na ang potential #1 pick next summer will be better than kuzma or atleast as good as kuzma?atleast yan subok na. with Zo, rondo, zubac, ingram almost the entire laker squad.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:16 AM by JeromeA »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2066 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:20 AM »
FYI sa pagkakaalam ko ky PG13 walang offer ang lakers. masyado lang sila naging confident na mkukuha naman nila nextyear. ky kawhi naman sure yan kahit my offer hindi tatanggapin ng spurs it's because Pop is playing smart. ayaw nya mapunta si kawhi sa team na ikakasakit ng ulo nya.

sa tingin mo anong ibang reason bakit natanggal si demps? bukod sa failed AD trade? AD can't wait for summer i think and also the owner of hornets. and sa summer kung my makuha na ang lakers na isa pang star goodluck kung makakakuha pa sila ng ganun offer ulit sa lakers.

and how can you sure na ang potential #1 pick next summer will be better than kuzma or atleast as good as kuzma?atleast yan subok na. with Zo, rondo, zubac, ingram almost the entire laker squad.

So what's the advantage of trading with the Lakers before the deadline na panalong panalo compared to trading him during the summer?

Anong meron before the deadline na wala sa summer?

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2067 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:24 AM »
So what's the advantage of trading with the Lakers before the deadline na panalong panalo compared to trading him during the summer?

no. let's not skip with the summer muna. sa tingin mo anong reason why natanggal si demps? that's the topic here for now.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2068 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:34 AM »
no. let's not skip with the summer muna. sa tingin mo anong reason why natanggal si demps? that's the topic here for now.

According to this link, Demps was not fired because he did not agree to the Lakers offer...

Dell Demps fired as Pelicans GM amid ongoing Anthony Davis drama

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2069 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:39 AM »
According to this link, Demps was not fired because he did not agree to the Lakers offer...

Dell Demps fired as Pelicans GM amid ongoing Anthony Davis drama

the opportunity to get the best offer.my cap space rescue pa kasama yun.saan ka pa?

sabi lang yan. alam mo naman kahit papano sa 8 season nya sa pels kailangan maganda parin ang exit. pero yan talaga ugat nyan davis drama.