Author Topic: 2018-2019 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs  (Read 231185 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: 2018-2019 NBA Season - Draft Day to Playoffs
« Reply #2070 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:47 AM »
the opportunity to get the best offer.my cap space rescue pa kasama yun.saan ka pa?

Best offer ng Lakers.  But is it the best offer over all?

sabi lang yan. alam mo naman kahit papano sa 8 season nya sa pels kailangan maganda parin ang exit. pero yan talaga ugat nyan davis drama.

Nasa article na mismo owner na nagsabi na hindi siya mapipilit i-trade si AD that don't make sense for it .  Sabi sabi lang ng owner yan?

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #2071 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 10:06 AM »
My pet peeve among NBA commentators: Reggie Miller.
We deserve better.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #2072 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM »
My pet peeve among NBA commentators: Reggie Miller.

Oh yes, totally agree

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #2073 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 12:14 PM »
FYI sa pagkakaalam ko ky PG13 walang offer ang lakers. masyado lang sila naging confident na mkukuha naman nila nextyear. ky kawhi naman sure yan kahit my offer hindi tatanggapin ng spurs it's because Pop is playing smart. ayaw nya mapunta si kawhi sa team na ikakasakit ng ulo nya.

sa tingin mo anong ibang reason bakit natanggal si demps? bukod sa failed AD trade? AD can't wait for summer i think and also the owner of hornets. and sa summer kung my makuha na ang lakers na isa pang star goodluck kung makakakuha pa sila ng ganun offer ulit sa lakers.

and how can you sure na ang potential #1 pick next summer will be better than kuzma or atleast as good as kuzma?atleast yan subok na. with Zo, rondo, zubac, ingram almost the entire laker squad.

Involve ang hornets owner?

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #2074 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 12:46 PM »
I agree to wait it out for davis. Tsaka pag ganun attitude ni davis, mas lalo i will send him to the east. Wait it out and trade him for number 1 pick zion.

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #2075 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:18 PM »
The probable reason why Demps was sacked was his questionable decisions on personnel the past couple of years. Case in point: They traded Hield for Cousins then they let Cousins walk for nothing. Yes they got Randle instead in the off season however it didn’t translate to wins. The reason why they got Cousins in the first place was because AD is a forward. Randle is another forward (notice that they seldom play the two together?) While that is happening in NOLA, Buddy Hield is playing lights out in Sac town. Rondo played spectacular in the post season however he wasn’t re-signed to a deal. Instead they got Payton who is playing like crap. To top that off during the entire tenure of AD they drafted players that are busts.

All those personnel moves led to a lot of losing which in turn led to Davis wanting to be traded. Demps simply failed to surround Davis with the players that could complement his game. It wasn’t the non trade prior the deadline that caused him to lose his job.

Not trading AD prior the deadline is right for them as a franchise since they could theoretically get more for AD if Boston is in the mix.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019 at 01:47 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #2076 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 02:34 PM »
I think they let cousins walk is because of his injury. It is really a risk. Ako, i agree with that. Sometimes its the offensive system, coach.. Look at russell in brooklyn. Sometimes players need to mature a few years and the right system.

I really think Gentry is overrated. Imo, With what they have, i think they can and should make the playoffs.

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #2077 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 04:50 PM »
Holiday is a great player however in today’s NBA you need three or more great players to be competitive at the very least. He and AD will not get it done for the Pels. In hindsight Cousins had no leverage at all due to the injury. The Pels could have offered him a 1 year prove you can play deal just like what GS did. The Rondo non signing is a bonehead move by Demps. The player they got to fill in that role (Payton) is light years behind in basketball IQ and ability. The Randle signing is money wasted for the Pels. They need a Center so that AD can play his natural position and instead they grabbed Randle from free agency. All that losing the past 5 years fetched them draft picks however they drafted players that are horrible.

AD just got fed up from all the losing year in and year out. Personnel movement is handled by none other than the GM of the team.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019 at 04:51 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #2078 on: Feb 17, 2019 at 08:35 PM »
The Skills Challenge and The 3-Point Contest were more exciting to watch than the Slam Dunk Contest which I found to be booooring.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #2079 on: Feb 18, 2019 at 11:20 AM »
Dame time making the All-Star game interesting.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2080 on: Feb 18, 2019 at 12:52 PM »
patalo si curry. hehe!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2081 on: Feb 18, 2019 at 02:00 PM »
I thought the high scores supposed to make the games exciting. Why am I bored?

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2119
« Reply #2082 on: Feb 18, 2019 at 03:10 PM »
The NBA All Star break is just what the name implies. It is also my break from NBA games. Matagal na akong di nanunuod nor interested sa NBA All Stars game.

Can't wait for the season to resume on Friday Manila time.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #2083 on: Feb 18, 2019 at 03:37 PM »
^ Right! Exhibition game nga lang, gusto pa yata seryoso, yung tipong buwis-buhay na laro  :)

Highlights nga lang pinanood ko, kahit meron akong chance manood sa studio 23 kanina.

Buti nga wala ng nakipagpustahan sa NBA All Star Game ngayon dito.  :)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #2085 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 07:52 AM »
Michael Rapaport: Agree with Damian Lillard criticizing superstars chasing titles? - Undisputed

I agree with all the comments, and I admire Dame for that .... and stars or superstars wanting to join with other superstars or super teams deserve to be called cup cakes :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #2086 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 08:19 AM »
“I enjoy the challenge of anything. I enjoy being uncomfortable. I enjoy being counted out." - @KingJames

Hehe, sounds inspiring, but this is part bullcrap .............. taliwas ito sa matagal nang katangian ni Lebron na patakbuhin at mag-buo nang superteam niya.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2087 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 08:32 AM »
I agree with all the comments, and I admire Dame for that .... and stars or superstars wanting to join with other superstars or super teams deserve to be called cup cakes :)
question?for the sake of discussion kung si harden at  kd mag decide bumalik ulit sa okc with westbrook and pg around, papasok kaya yun sa argument nila dame at rapaport?

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #2088 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 10:47 AM »
OT: Zion Williamson got injured on the first play of the much anticipated matchup between Duke and UNC. His Nike shoe broke  :o

https://youtu.be/wgs3cIu4vII

Out for the game. Hope it’s not a serious injury.
We deserve better.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #2089 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 11:24 AM »
OT: Zion Williamson got injured on the first play of the much anticipated matchup between Duke and UNC. His Nike shoe broke  :o

https://youtu.be/wgs3cIu4vII

Out for the game. Hope it’s not a serious injury.

grabe ang bigat nun ah. nasira sapatos. naalala ko dati nung kumayod ang sapatos ni lebron sa court na parang namrenong sasakyan

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2091 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 11:36 AM »
beast mode activated daw. haha

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26040994/lebron-james-primed-step-intensity-playoff-push-activated

I wonder kung kasama na rin yun taking the last shot in the game with the victory on the line sa pag activate?    ;D

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #2092 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 11:40 AM »

+1000000..Thank you Rappaport for backing up my points all this time.

It looks like rappaport backed up what i said in these nba threads, its not really all about the championships. It is just a bonus. Cup cakes like the easy way out.

« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2019 at 12:21 PM by Moks007 »

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2093 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 11:42 AM »
I wonder kung kasama na rin yun taking the last shot in the game with the victory on the line sa pag activate?    ;D

hahahahahhahahaha. hindi na daw kailangan kasi di aabot sa dikitan na laban

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2094 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 11:59 AM »

hahahahahhahahaha. hindi na daw kailangan kasi di aabot sa dikitan na laban

Sana pati yun i-on na niya.  Kasi naka off most of his career.  Hindi pa naman huli ang lahat.    ;D

Dirk Nowitzki started off the same.  The height of which MVP sya, best record in the NBA ang Dallas and booted out n the first round by GSW.  It haunted him until he proved he was indeed a pressure player by beating Lebron and the Miami Heat to win his lone title.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #2095 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 12:20 PM »

Dirk Nowitzki started off the same.  The height of which MVP sya, best record in the NBA ang Dallas and booted out n the first round by GSW.  It haunted him until he proved he was indeed a pressure player by beating Lebron and the Miami Heat to win his lone title.

and thats more admirable than players who moved and joined super teams just to get a ring or two  ;)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2096 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 12:28 PM »
Di ko alam na yung hate pala can cause amnesia?  :)

Bago na injured si LBJ sa Lakers sya highest scorer sa 4th qrt at last 2 minutes ng games.

At nakalimutan agad last playoffs lang kung ilang game winning shots ang tinira nya isama na din clutch defensive plays  :D

Mahirap kasi balikan at alalahanin yung mga clutch baskets ni LBJ, masakit sa damdamin kaya tama lang na ibaon na lang sa limot  ;)  :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2097 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 12:44 PM »
Di ko alam na yung hate pala can cause amnesia?  :)

Bago na injured si LBJ sa Lakers sya highest scorer sa 4th qrt at last 2 minutes ng games.

At nakalimutan agad last playoffs lang kung ilang game winning shots ang tinira nya isama na din clutch defensive plays  :D

Mahirap kasi balikan at alalahanin yung mga clutch baskets ni LBJ, masakit sa damdamin kaya tama lang na ibaon na lang sa limot  ;)  :D

Ah ganun ba?  Yun last game sa Atlanta kasi kunyari nagflop pa si Lebron para hindi sya pasahan ni Rondo.  Tapos yun laban sa Celtics nasa halos midcourt na sya ng last play nakatayo lang buti nashoot ni Rondo.  Yun 4 nyang kakampi nasa loob para maka score.

Tapos nung finals last year buong second half sa game 4 nakatayo lang sya sa taas ng 3pt line give up na.  The year before that nung na 4-1 sila sa finals 2ppg si Lebron sa last 2 mins ng finals pagka aalala ko.

Baka meron ka rin stats nya Ilan score nya last 30 seconds ng game.  Baka yun highest score sya sa last 2 minutes ng game eh yun first 90 seconds lang ng last 2 mins.

Pero sabi ko nga, hindi pa naman  huli ang lahat.  Nagawa ni Dirk.  Ngayon Dirk is known na as a clutch player and hailed as the GOAT international player.

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #2098 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 12:52 PM »
Zion knee injury. Bumuka sapatos

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2099 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 01:46 PM »
Ah ganun ba?  Yun last game sa Atlanta kasi kunyari nagflop pa si Lebron para hindi sya pasahan ni Rondo.  Tapos yun laban sa Celtics nasa halos midcourt na sya ng last play nakatayo lang buti nashoot ni Rondo.  Yun 4 nyang kakampi nasa loob para maka score.

Tapos nung finals last year buong second half sa game 4 nakatayo lang sya sa taas ng 3pt line give up na.  The year before that nung na 4-1 sila sa finals 2ppg si Lebron sa last 2 mins ng finals pagka aalala ko.

Baka meron ka rin stats nya Ilan score nya last 30 seconds ng game.  Baka yun highest score sya sa last 2 minutes ng game eh yun first 90 seconds lang ng last 2 mins.

Pero sabi ko nga, hindi pa naman  huli ang lahat.  Nagawa ni Dirk.  Ngayon Dirk is known na as a clutch player and hailed as the GOAT international player.

Ay sapul?  :D

Di ba nga, nalibre si LBJ sa game na sinasabi mo pero kay Ingram pinasa kaya turnover? Gusto mo ng video?  ;D

Sa Celtics naman, tutal mainit mata mo kay LBJ, di mo napansin, inasawa agad sya ni Morris para hindi sya makatangggap ng bola, tapos nag drive si Ingram, swerte naman kay Rondo napunta loose ball. Sa mga ganung plays,  minsan wala din yan sa pwestuhan sa loob, kung napanood mo yung buzzer beater na tres ni Robert Horry na nagpanalo sa Lakers laban sa Kings dati, tapik lang yun na napunta sa kanya, eh kung sinunod nya logic mo at tumulong sa rebound, eh hindi sana sya naka tres at talo sana Lakers.  :)