Author Topic: Samsung NU7100 General Thread + UHD Color question  (Read 1087 times)

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung NU7100 General Thread + UHD Color question
« on: Jul 16, 2018 at 03:23 PM »
So I got myself this TV for a decent deal at Robinsons appliance store a month ago.  Took a while to prepare the mounting so I've only been using it for a week or so.  Connected it to an Onkyo NR555 US version.  (I actually posted this in the Onkyo thread but looks like this is a TV issue so Id like to ask the Samsung users here.)

So problem started 1 day when I turned on the TV to watch cable through a Sky Cable HD box.  I've had the TV connected for a few days already but for some reason, starting on this particular day, there wasn't any sound either from the TV speakers or the AVR connected speakers.  However, sound from my Minix Android Box was ok, when I shift the source from CBL/SAT to Streambox (where my Minix is connected).  Problem persists even when i swapped inputs for the 2.  I did notice when i was playing around with it, that the Onkyo was set to analog input even if there was no analog inputs connected to it and it was previously working with HDMI audio.  Long story short... I eventually played with the different HDMI inputs on both the AVR and the TV.  Until at one time, I forgot to turn off the AVR while making the changes, I transferred HDMI ports on the TV from HDMI 2 back to HDMI 3 the one with ARC support (which was the original HDMI Port to begin with.)  While the TV was off, sound came out of the speakers connected to my AVR.  When I turned the TV on, it recognized that I attached a new HDMI cable on HDMI 3, and prompted me to activate UHD Color.  Then the sound dropped off again.  From there, I just deactivated UHD Color again, and I can hear audio again.

Any other Samsung users experience this?  Is there an incompatibility with the sky cable boxes with UHD Color on?

My connection is cable box - Onkyo - TV all via HDMI.