Author Topic: Yamaha receiver power turning off.  (Read 1225 times)

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yamaha receiver power turning off.
« on: Sep 26, 2018 at 03:21 PM »
Hi, I was watching a movie 2 nights ago and after around 1hour 10mins of the movie my 8+ year old yamaha receiver turned off. I tried pushing the on button nothing happened after a few minutes I pulled the plug and plugged it right back in and it turned on. I watched about another 20 minutes then it turned off again.

So the next day I took off all speaker connections and turned on the receiver with nothing connected. It was on for about 2 hours and 40 minutes then turned off tried the plug pull it would turn on but turn off right away. I let it rest for about 20 mins then turned it on again. this time it lasted about 1 hours 15 mins before turning off again.

I took off the chasis and inside the dust was really accumulated. I'm thinking it's causing it to overheat and activate it's protection mechanism.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I should do? can you suggest a place I can bring to have it cleaned.

Thanks.

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 591
Re: Yamaha receiver power turning off.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 04:53 PM »
PM Markcrenz
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2018 at 05:03 PM »
PM Markcrenz

I thought of that, but read from the forum that he is currently unavailable to do any repairs.

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1891
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2018 at 08:56 AM »
I thought of that, but read from the forum that he is currently unavailable to do any repairs.

ah, kaya pala di nasagot sa text ko si master hehe

Offline Audionuts

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2018 at 09:54 AM »
gumagamit ka ba ng Automatic Voltage Rgulator maselan ang Yamaha sa voltage Irregularities.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2018 at 01:07 PM »
gumagamit ka ba ng Automatic Voltage Rgulator maselan ang Yamaha sa voltage Irregularities.

yes, meron voltage regulator. My guess now it's overheating since it shuts down after a while of turning it on and the on time lessens when I use more speakers. I tried with no speakers, 2 speakers and 5.1 speakers. Or worst case, some capacitors are starting to fail.

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 591
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2018 at 02:48 PM »

I took off the chasis and inside the dust was really accumulated. I'm thinking it's causing it to overheat and activate it's protection mechanism.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I should do? can you suggest a place I can bring to have it cleaned.

Thanks.

Get a soft brush.  Open the chassis.  Put an electric fan beside the amp.  Brush of dirt.

Operate amp and observe.
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers