Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 142218 times)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589

Update:
Gigabit LAN na pala etrayz, will have  to check kung gigabit lan cables gamit ko, parang nabasa ko somewhere mas maraming "connected" wires in order for gigabit to work?!.

For Gigabit LAN, the standard cable to use is Cat6, although Cat5e cables can work ... just a note that if you're using Gigabit, you should be using manufacturer fabricated RJ45 connectors, not those that are manually crimped (chances are there will be high cross-talk that would not allow Gigabit speeds) ... if you would inspect a Cat6 patch cord, the connectors have PCB's inside and wires are soldered, not just crimped
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
i haven't tried transferring file using wired connection, but if i have time later, i'll try it with my laptop and post the screenshots here

regarding those getting speeds significantly lower than what i posted (somebody posted just getting 2MB/s) ... also try updating the driver of your NIC (wifi or wired) ... i've noticed that when i was using the default driver from Windows 7, the transfer speeds were also low, when I installed the updated drivers from the manufacturer, speed improved significantly

uy abangan ko ang results nito....thanks for the info sir

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
For Gigabit LAN, the standard cable to use is Cat6, although Cat5e cables can work ... just a note that if you're using Gigabit, you should be using manufacturer fabricated RJ45 connectors, not those that are manually crimped (chances are there will be high cross-talk that would not allow Gigabit speeds) ... if you would inspect a Cat6 patch cord, the connectors have PCB's inside and wires are soldered, not just crimped

bought cat6 20Meter from cdr king....mukhang peke.... was not able to transfer file between 2 pc beyond 12MB/s...ordinary lang speed ....my pc wont run at 1000speed (gigabit speed) even if i force bought pc adapter to run at 1000speed...pero pag yung short cable nila same cat6 din nag iengage yung 1000speed (based on realtek sofware analyzer) ......bought  a cat5e 20M cable from wilcon....ayun nagiengage na yung giga speed.....transfering files now at 50-40MB/s

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
i tried transferring file to and from laptop/eTrayz, both have Gigabit Ethernet interface but I was just using a crimped cable on my laptop and was not getting Gigabit speeds ... the results were representative more of a 100Mbps Ethernet connection, but still a good improvement from using wireless-N ... i got 11.0 MB/second on eTrayz to laptop file transfer and 11.1 MB/second the other way around  - 10.4 GB file took around 18 minutes to transfer ... below are the screen shots -

eTrayz to Laptop

Laptop to eTrayz

takeaway from this is that 100 Mbps wired Ethernet already gives a reasonable performance, and if you can make Gigabit speed work (having Cat 6 cables, and Gigabit switch), the speeds would probably be comparable or near USB 2.0 transfers
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2011 at 03:47 AM by raptor »
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
@raptor

sir, how would you know na connected na yung etrayz at gigabit? i have a gigabit switch wherein my desktop and etrayz are connected, sa pc nakikita ko na gigabit connection nya samantalang sa etrayz hindi, i tried enabling the jumbo frames from the lowest value of 1500 to 9000 pero hindi sya nababago kaya hindi ko alam kung naka gigabit connection ba sya. parang naalala ko i read somewhere yung 2 led sa ethernet port pag umiilaw operating at GE pag isa lang, FE lang.

thanks!

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Anybody here still with working eTrayz?  I recently installed my eTrayz and it still works great.  Downloading via eTorrent was almost the same as downloading un-restricted..
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2014 at 09:15 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline rgbautista

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
Mine is still working great.  I watch HD movies from it.  I got this way back 2010 from Bitstream's group buy.
Denon AVR-1612, Anthony Audio, SVS, Xtreamer Pro

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
still working 24/7 as my torrent rig and streaming via xtreamer :)

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
mine's working as well

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Mine's working also but the cooling fan conked out. Good thing its just a generic dual speed cpu fan. Easy to replace.
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline ast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi guys!

New here. 

Just thought you guys can help.

I have an eTrayz that I use for back ups, so its not on 24/7, this morning was about to back up some files, but my eTrayz wont boot up at all.  Before the HDDA and HDDB led will blink when powered on, but now the BLUE and GREEN led are steady right away (connected via cable).  And wont power off as well, need to pull out the power cord. :(

Hope someone can help here.

TIA.

ast

Offline Blackstar

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • DVD Guru
  • Generals gathered in their masses...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1545
a little help guys. i can't seem to make my etrayz work. i tried resetting it (as i'm not the first owner) by pressing the reset button for 3+ seconds and then turning it on while still pressing the reset button (am i doing it right?). then i installed the econnector software and reboot my laptop (WinXP).  after rebooting, i logged in with the internal IP of the laptop as well as the IP of the etrayz on the network (connected to my router via ethernet cable and confirmed that it is online) and used "sysadmin" for the username and password (default login) but i get "cannot connect server" when i login using the etrayz IP. when i use the laptop's internal IP, it just keeps trying to connect but does not really finish the process. all light indicators are working as it should as per manual. the HDD is a 3tb Purple WD surveillance edition, NTFS format (GPT).

Any suggestions on what troubleshooting steps I can take? Any compatibility issue on the components? TIA!
Music made me who I am today.

Offline theunf

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Does any1 still with this device running and were able to change OS to a debian, redhat or centos open version?

I'd like to try freenas or other option on it and get rid of the original OS.

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
Still good to buy a second hand of this one? Saw someone selling here... just plan on using it to download using torrent so i dont have to have my laptop on all the time, or maybe you guys have a better alternative gear that also does downloading via torrent? Thanks in advance

Offline theunf

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Any luck geeting help on recover a solid blue led status ?

I got no beeps, reset button 2~3 seconds while on or before on button did not made any effect ... not even blinking leds.

Network led does not lights with crossover or direct to switch connection. Tried 10, 100 and 1Gbps forced settings.