Author Topic: The Stand (CBS All Access)  (Read 1832 times)

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1235
The Stand (CBS All Access)
« on: Jan 31, 2019 at 11:32 AM »
CBS All Access Orders 10 Episode Adaptation of The Stand

Long in-development as a feature film, Deadline reports that CBS All Access has given a 10 episode order to The Stand, based on Stephen King’s novel. Josh Boone (The Fault in Our Stars, New Mutants), who has been developing the project for years, will team up with SEAL Team EP Ben Cavell for the adaptation, which he will also direct.

“I’m excited and so very pleased that The Stand is going to have a new life on this exciting new platform,” said King. “The people involved are men and women who know exactly what they’re doing; the scripts are dynamite. The result bids to be something memorable and thrilling. I believe it will take viewers away to a world they hope will never happen.”

“I read The Stand under my bed when I was 12, and my Baptist parents burned it in our fireplace upon discovery,” added Boone. “Incensed, I stole my Dad’s FedEx account number and mailed King a letter professing my love for his work. Several weeks later, I came home to find a box had arrived from Maine, and inside were several books, each inscribed with a beautiful note from god himself, who encouraged me in my writing and thanked me for being a fan. My parents, genuinely moved by King’s kindness and generosity, lifted the ban on his books that very day. I wrote King a cameo as himself in my first film and have been working to bring The Stand to the screen for five years. I’ve found incredible partners in CBS All Access and Ben Cavell. Together with Stephen King, Owen King, my longtime producing partners Knate Lee and Jill Killington, we plan to bring you the ultimate version of King’s masterwork.”

SYNOPSIS:

This is the way the world ends: with a nanosecond of computer error in a Defense Department laboratory and a million casual contacts that form the links in a chain letter of death. And here is the bleak new world of the day after: a world stripped of its institutions and emptied of 99 percent of its people. A world in which a handful of panicky survivors choose sides — or are chosen. A world in which good rides on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old Mother Abigail — and the worst nightmares of evil are embodied in a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg, the dark man.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 364
Re: The Stand (CBS All Access)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2019 at 08:23 PM »
One of King's best ............ I still remember the 90's TV series. It had lots of promise, but fell apart in the latter parts IMO.

Hope this one will be great. 

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2019 at 04:16 PM »
Here’s Who Is Being Eyed to Star in Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ at CBS All Access

http://collider.com/the-stand-tv-show-cast-cbs-all-access/

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2019 at 07:23 AM »
From ComingSoon.Net

Marilyn Manson to Appear in The Stand Miniseries for CBS All Access

Marilyn Manson will apparently be appearing in CBS All Access’ The Stand limited series based on Stephen King’s novel, confirming the news to Revolver (via Birth.Movies.Death). Manson has also recorded a track for the miniseries, covering “The End” by the Doors.

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2019 at 08:55 AM »
The Stand TV series casts 4 actors, Stephen King to write new ending

Huge news for Stephen King‘s upcoming limited series version of The Stand.

CBS All Access revealed Thursday that four key roles have been cast, plus King is writing new material for the finale of the 10-episode series that will go beyond the story in his apocalyptic 1978 novel.

First the casting, some of which confirms previous reports of actors who were in talks for the roles:

James Marsden (Westworld) will portray Stu Redman, “an ordinary working-class factory man in an extraordinary situation with a damaged quality to him that belies his exterior.”

Amber Heard (Aquaman) will play Nadine Cross, “a deeply conflicted woman who feels the consequences of her actions, but is still compelled by her allegiance to Randall Flagg, the Dark Man.”

Odessa Young (A Million Little Pieces) will play Frannie Goldsmith, “a pregnant young woman navigating a strange new world, who also has the foresight to recognize that there is evil lurking beyond the Dark Man.”

Henry Zaga (13 Reasons Why) will portray Nick Andros, “a young deaf and mute man who finds himself in a position of authority when the unthinkable happens. He has a habit of risking his own well-being for the safety of others.”

But perhaps the biggest news for King-philes is that the author himself will pen the show’s finale, and it will include “a new coda that won’t be found in the book” that will reveal more about what happened to the survivors.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/01/the-stand-cast-stephen-king-new-ending/

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2019 at 06:04 AM »
From ComingSoon.Net

Alexander Skarsgård Cast as Villain Randall Flagg in The Stand Series

Collider is reporting that Emmy and Golden Globe winner Alexander Skarsgård (Big Little Lies) will be playing the infamous Randall Flagg (also known as The Man in Black, among other nicknames) in CBS All Access’ upcoming series adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand.

Skarsgård joins a cast that includes James Marsden (Westworld) as Stu Redman, Amber Heard (Aquaman) as Nadine Cross, Greg Kinnear (As Good as It Gets) as Glen Bateman, Whoopi Goldberg (Nobody’s Fool) as Mother Abigail, Odessa Young (Assassination Nation) as Frannie Goldsmith, Henry Zaga (The New Mutants) as Nick Andros, Jovan Adepo (Overlord) as Larry Underwood, Owen Teague (IT) as Harold Lauder, Brad William Henke (Orange Is the New Black) as Tom Cullen, and Daniel Sunjata (Rescue Me) as Cobb, a new character.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2019 at 06:05 AM by jas »

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:23 AM »
‘The Stand’: Heather Graham Joins CBS All Access’ Stephen King Adaptation

Heather Graham has joined the cast of The Stand, an adaptation of Stephen King’s novel at CBS All Access.

Graham will play Rita Blakemoor, a wealthy woman who is ill prepared for the end of the world and attempts to escape superflu-infested New York City.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/the-stand-heather-graham-cast-cbs-all-access-stephen-king-adaptation-1202760826/

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2019 at 09:43 PM »
Subscription ba cbs allaccess?
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020 at 07:30 AM »
First look....

Stephen King’s The Stand Comes to Life Again

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/05/stephen-kings-the-stand-exclusive-first-look

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 364
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020 at 07:52 AM »
Hmmm ............ Whoopi Goldberg as Mother Abagail, doesn't seem to look right, for now.

I pray that they don't drop the ball on this one.

IMO it's a very nice opportunity for King, the director, the producers to throw in some nice social commentary in these times of COVID-19 & Donald Trump.

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2020 at 06:54 AM »
‘The Stand’: CBS All Access Sets Premiere Date For Limited Series Of Stephen King Novel

CBS All Access’ star-studded television adaptation of The Stand, by Stephen King, will make its debut in the winter. The limited-series adaptation of King’s 1978 novel will premiere on Dec. 17.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-stand-cbs-all-access-premiere-date-stephen-king-whoopi-goldberg-1203022343/

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2020 at 07:14 AM »

Offline jas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked: