Author Topic: Forexworld  (Read 41389 times)

Offline vladimireury

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Forexworld
« Reply #90 on: Jul 04, 2014 at 04:25 PM »
just what happened to me now bro, got a friend from US and ordered 2 JBL 515XT powered speakers and Polk Audio 5.1 home theater system speaker via Global Cargo Forwarder and it's almost 2 months now and my package did not arrive yet.

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #91 on: Jul 05, 2014 at 05:50 AM »
I read that Forexworld doesn't charge tariff. Does it still apply now? Also, does this include electronic tariff?

I'm thinking of ordering a basic Kindle.

read bottom of page
https://www.forexworld.us/Shop/Default.aspx

*** Shipping Electronic Devices ***
Just recently, US Customs implemented a policy on electronic devices such as the following: Laptops, Kindle eReader, ipads, mobile phones and the like or those devices that can store information or that has installed software and applications. US Customs have been inspecting all electronic devices that would fall under that category. According to them, sending such devices is not prohibited. However, devices that may contain data are subject to scrutiny as they may compromise national security. That said, we are asking you to refrain from sending such items until we can resolve matters with the US Customs. If you want to continue to ship such electronic devices, you do so at your own risk. Please be warned that losses or damages that may result from Customs inspections will not be covered by insurance.

Offline yakisoba

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: Aug 24, 2014 at 05:00 PM »
hey guys how the shipping now of FOREX?  Do you guys still have problems if shipped via SEA?   If I expedite it and us AIR FREIGHT will there still be delay?  Thanks. 

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #93 on: Aug 26, 2014 at 04:04 PM »
AIR freight is just the same like JAC..much better lang kasi they will deliver it to your home..tried it once dun sa isang item na excited ko na makuha lol

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #94 on: Aug 26, 2014 at 04:57 PM »
AIR freight is just the same like JAC..much better lang kasi they will deliver it to your home..tried it once dun sa isang item na excited ko na makuha lol

sir are you referring to forexworld.? may air sila?

Offline bartender

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Neknek mo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #95 on: Aug 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM »
sir are you referring to forexworld.? may air sila?

Yes. Meron na.
Pwede naman magtagalog.  Let's make PDVD a better place.  https://www.englishgrammar101.com

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 06:30 AM »
I have 2 boxes which was prepped for shipping last june 26. They were sent to the US customs for inspection on the 28th but was released on july 12. They were loaded on the vessel that departed on july 14. After that no more update until now sa box tracker nila.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2014 at 06:32 AM by Weng! »

Offline bartender

• Collector
  • Neknek mo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #97 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 02:07 PM »
I have 2 boxes which was prepped for shipping last june 26. They were sent to the US customs for inspection on the 28th but was released on july 12. They were loaded on the vessel that departed on july 14. After that no more update until now sa box tracker nila.

Most likely these are in Kaoshiung in Taiwan.  There will be no update because technically, it's on it's way here and they can't give a firm date as to its arrival because of the unpredictability of the port situation.  Try sending them an e-mail inquiry and I'm sure they will know exactly where it is.  My boxes in May arrived early August while those shipped in June arrived in late July.
Pwede naman magtagalog.  Let's make PDVD a better place.  https://www.englishgrammar101.com

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Aug 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM »
Most likely these are in Kaoshiung in Taiwan.  There will be no update because technically, it's on it's way here and they can't give a firm date as to its arrival because of the unpredictability of the port situation.  Try sending them an e-mail inquiry and I'm sure they will know exactly where it is.  My boxes in May arrived early August while those shipped in June arrived in late July.

i have emailed them so many times but they only gave me tentative dates of arrival which has not materialized todate.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Aug 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM »
mahal pala air shipping charges nya:

Hi Sir,

Good day!

Thank you for choosing Forexworld Online Shopping.

To give you an idea on how much our Air freight shipping cost is, it will be $24.95 for the first pound (lb) additional $3.95 for each added pound and an additional $6.95 for each added pound for electronics.
Weight is rounded off to the next pound. If package is bulky weight is measured by volumetric weight. Whichever is bigger (actual weight or volumetric weight) is the value calculated to get the cost of shipping. (Computation of Air freight charges may differ depending on the item you wish to ship) And please be advised that Customs duties are excluded from the quotations being provided. Please also be advised that currently Philippine Customs had been implementing thorough inspections on air shipments, thus we need to declare the contents of the boxes, value and commercial quantity goods. A quantity above 5 is already considered as Commercial quantity.

If your box is shipped through Air, it will be delivered in approximately seven (7-10) Business days.

The Go Air promo is being offered by our Forex VA (Virginia) office only. Unfortunately, they only accept Drop Ship orders. Furthermore, charges are subject to change due to Custom duties and taxes.

Our Forex LA (Los Angeles) office also does Air freight shipping of both Online Shop and Drop Ship orders.
However currently, regular rates are being followed.

Should you have additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #100 on: Aug 30, 2014 at 09:52 AM »
i have emailed them so many times but they only gave me tentative dates of arrival which has not materialized todate.

sir weng, mine was shipped out of usa july 6, got my stuff last august 16. usually its 3 weeks, specially its not the yuletide season yet. but i guess its the port congestion everyone was talking about. anyway, i would think yours should be here any moment.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Oct 08, 2014 at 12:14 PM »
mahal pala air shipping charges nya:

Hi Sir,

Good day!

Thank you for choosing Forexworld Online Shopping.

To give you an idea on how much our Air freight shipping cost is, it will be $24.95 for the first pound (lb) additional $3.95 for each added pound and an additional $6.95 for each added pound for electronics.
Weight is rounded off to the next pound. If package is bulky weight is measured by volumetric weight. Whichever is bigger (actual weight or volumetric weight) is the value calculated to get the cost of shipping. (Computation of Air freight charges may differ depending on the item you wish to ship) And please be advised that Customs duties are excluded from the quotations being provided. Please also be advised that currently Philippine Customs had been implementing thorough inspections on air shipments, thus we need to declare the contents of the boxes, value and commercial quantity goods. A quantity above 5 is already considered as Commercial quantity.

If your box is shipped through Air, it will be delivered in approximately seven (7-10) Business days.

The Go Air promo is being offered by our Forex VA (Virginia) office only. Unfortunately, they only accept Drop Ship orders. Furthermore, charges are subject to change due to Custom duties and taxes.

Our Forex LA (Los Angeles) office also does Air freight shipping of both Online Shop and Drop Ship orders.
However currently, regular rates are being followed.

Should you have additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

not only that they now put TAX TARIFF on it as well!!!

RANT ON

The delivery dates are getting ridiculous by the day.  My first box was shipped from LA at the first week of August, and it just arrived at the Philippine port (per last update) last October 3.  I have another box, which was shipped at the end of August and have estimated ETA of October 8, which is tolerable.  They do not give concrete explanation on the delay and it is frustrating.  And those ETAs are not even guaranteed, and I don't know how many days or weeks their estimate is off.

What frustrates me even more is that I have another item which was received on their warehouse last September 23 and they just gave me a quotation on the air shipping for that item LAST NIGHT!  I know they are transferring to a new warehouse, but that don't justify on giving air shipping quotation for 2 weeks. It is very unreasonable!  But no, that is not the climax, apparently they are taxing items now.  Not sure with JAC if they are affected by this.  My 49 USD air shipping quote turned to a freaking 275 USD! Aside from the 2 weeks delayed they have caused me, they gave me this surprise and all I get is 'sorry'?! I should have just bought the item locally and brandnew, it could have save me from this nightmare, and would probably end up costing the same (probably cheaper if I push through with that insane air shipping price).  To think the item I bought is already pre-owned! *sigh

Before I really recommend Forexworld, as I have shipped many items from the US through them.  The communication was superb and the rates reasonable even with the air shipping before.  Also, the delivery delays before were tolerable as the maximum delay I experienced was 2 weeks.  It seems from the couple of months, their service slipped dramatically. 

I am still contemplating if I should let them ship the item back to one of my friends or relatives.  They can hand carry the item for me, I will just give them the suppose 50 USD air shipping.

Here is the breakdown if you want to check

Electronics value = $750
Actual weight = 5.72 lbs
Vol. weight = 5.88 lbs
Chargeable weight = 6.00 lbs
$24.95/1st lb
$19.75/add'l 5 lbs
$  5.00/re-pack
$49.70 SUB TOTAL AIR ONLY
$225.00 Tax
$  49.70 Air
$225.00 Tax
$274.70 TOTAL

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Oct 08, 2014 at 12:38 PM »
not only that they now put TAX TARIFF on it as well!!!

RANT ON

The delivery dates are getting ridiculous by the day.  My first box was shipped from LA at the first week of August, and it just arrived at the Philippine port (per last update) last October 3.  I have another box, which was shipped at the end of August and have estimated ETA of October 8, which is tolerable.  They do not give concrete explanation on the delay and it is frustrating.  And those ETAs are not even guaranteed, and I don't know how many days or weeks their estimate is off.

What frustrates me even more is that I have another item which was received on their warehouse last September 23 and they just gave me a quotation on the air shipping for that item LAST NIGHT!  I know they are transferring to a new warehouse, but that don't justify on giving air shipping quotation for 2 weeks. It is very unreasonable!  But no, that is not the climax, apparently they are taxing items now.  Not sure with JAC if they are affected by this.  My 49 USD air shipping quote turned to a freaking 275 USD! Aside from the 2 weeks delayed they have caused me, they gave me this surprise and all I get is 'sorry'?! I should have just bought the item locally and brandnew, it could have save me from this nightmare, and would probably end up costing the same (probably cheaper if I push through with that insane air shipping price).  To think the item I bought is already pre-owned! *sigh

Before I really recommend Forexworld, as I have shipped many items from the US through them.  The communication was superb and the rates reasonable even with the air shipping before.  Also, the delivery delays before were tolerable as the maximum delay I experienced was 2 weeks.  It seems from the couple of months, their service slipped dramatically. 

I am still contemplating if I should let them ship the item back to one of my friends or relatives.  They can hand carry the item for me, I will just give them the suppose 50 USD air shipping.

Here is the breakdown if you want to check

Electronics value = $750
Actual weight = 5.72 lbs
Vol. weight = 5.88 lbs
Chargeable weight = 6.00 lbs
$24.95/1st lb
$19.75/add'l 5 lbs
$  5.00/re-pack
$49.70 SUB TOTAL AIR ONLY
$225.00 Tax
$  49.70 Air
$225.00 Tax
$274.70 TOTAL

wow.better stick to jac nalang or my-shoppingbox.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #103 on: Oct 08, 2014 at 01:16 PM »
Kung air, better stick with JAC nga.

Pero for sea forwarders, I doubt if you're going to see improvements with other providers.  I suspect all of them are going through the same port congestion nightmare.  Unless meron nang forwarding company which utilizes Batangas or Subic ports...

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Oct 08, 2014 at 01:22 PM »
Kung air, better stick with JAC nga.

Pero for sea forwarders, I doubt if you're going to see improvements with other providers.  I suspect all of them are going through the same port congestion nightmare.  Unless meron nang forwarding company which utilizes Batangas or Subic ports...

dati ok naman sila sa air eh..reasonable quotation nila before and they deliver it to your house pa..

eto sinabi sa akin sa email kasama ng quotation

This is with regards to your Air shipping requests. Please be advised that currently Philippine Customs had been implementing thorough inspections on air shipments, Thus we need to declare the contents of the boxes, value and commercial quantity goods. A quantity above 5 is already considered as Commercial quantity.

kaya I asked YAB dun sa thread sa JAC if ganun na din sa kanila

Offline jlaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #105 on: Apr 27, 2015 at 08:47 PM »
problem with provincial shipping. like mine, it took them 2 weeks to ship the box to tacloban then God knows how many days of waiting for the delivery to ormoc. in fact i have not received a direct shipment to ormoc yet because i always collect them from their tacloban warehouse. i would have to drive 2 hrs (one way) and back just to get the box, atat na kasi ;D.

i found a solution to this issue by making their office in manila as the final destination. then i will arrange a local courier (by land or sea) to pick the box. less hassle and cost to me because their provincial shipping fee of $15 is just about the same fee for sea cargo.

how many days if i use a local courier? by local courier, do you mean LBC and the like,(what specifically?)?

Offline AVDude

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #106 on: Jun 09, 2015 at 06:35 PM »
anybody tried shipping speakers via forexworld/pobox lately? is it still cheaper to do it this way?
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2015 at 06:36 PM by AVDude »

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Feb 29, 2016 at 02:03 PM »
any forex regular customer noticed the delay in packing/shipping of boxes lately? it's been more than 2 weeks since i've told them to pack and ship my stuff. all i received was one email saying that they will do it but there was a side note saying that they have backlogs in shipping.

usually, it only took them a week, then they will send you the tracking number or invoice.
« Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016 at 02:06 PM by Weng! »

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Aug 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM »
ForexWorld is undergoing a massive overhaul.  New office, new warehouse, new telephone numbers (all mobile numbers).  Their CSR work from home from Mondays-Thursdays, and work out of the Balintawak warehouse on Fridays.  They now have a new delivery logistics partner, eShip.  Di raw maka kuha nang BOC certification ang Forex Cargo.

Looks like they're replacing their online system in the future as well.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Aug 16, 2017 at 01:53 PM »
ang tagal nga ng package ko.. 2 months na..

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Oct 18, 2017 at 11:58 AM »
theyve been very very slow..  i have a package and told them to ship upon receiving in their warehouse last sept 20+.. it was marked received sept 26 but it was just now that they updated the record that it was just loaded in a container oct16. grabe.. 20 days para i load lang?

looking for other shippers na.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Dec 11, 2017 at 08:51 PM »
its official.. THEY SUCK!   after waiting for 3 months, they failed to ship out the second box that came together with my first box... they only shipped it last dec2.. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

im switching to pinoyboxdelivery.. sana swertehin kasi may "pinoy" sa unahan.. parang pdvd lang.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Dec 12, 2017 at 09:45 AM »
eShip single handedly brought down ForexWorld Cargo overnight.  Yeah, run away from them like a plague.  I feel sorry for the old timer CSRs who were absorbed by eShip.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:00 AM »
eShip single handedly brought down ForexWorld Cargo overnight.  Yeah, run away from them like a plague.  I feel sorry for the old timer CSRs who were absorbed by eShip.

nabili ba ng eship si forexworld?   sobrang sablay na.. i still have 3 items missing in their inventory (buti i have the email) which was never shipped out.

then i have around 3-5 boxes.

edit: i just re read their faq.. they started eship pala.. (maybe tapped their services?) kasi yung old forexcargo ph palpak daw.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:03 AM by Waxx »

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:04 AM »
nabili ba ng eship si forexworld?   sobrang sablay na.. i still have 3 items missing in their inventory (buti i have the email) which was never shipped out.

then i have around 3-5 boxes.

Old Philippine partner was Forex Cargo (Cainta warehouse).  Press release nila was that di makakuha nang BOC certification/registration ang Forex Cargo, so they tapped another logistics partner eShip.  Rest is unfortunate history.

Pinoyboxdelivery isn't perfect either.  Similar poor estimation for arrival (original ETA date moved 4 times).  Pero responsive naman sila basta communicating within their system.  Downside is no phone contacts whatsoever.  Email replies take up to 1 week.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:27 AM »
edit: i just re read their faq.. they started eship pala.. (maybe tapped their services?) kasi yung old forexcargo ph palpak daw.

Lol!  Kung palapak sa kanila ang Forex Cargo, ano pa kaya eShip?!

It depends where you're sitting.  We both already have first hand experience with eShip.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:58 AM »
forexcargo was more decent for me imho.. etong eship super gulo... labo labo. kung di ko pa tinawagan kahapon, di nila idedeliver sa bahay ko yung item ko..

tapos malaman ko lang, di pala kumpleto.. kakainis.. di ko magamit yung item.

i wonder pobox still uses forexworld/eship.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM by Waxx »

Offline juanderer

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #117 on: Jul 06, 2019 at 12:49 PM »
anyone still using this forex cargo ? di ba maganda gamitin to?