Author Topic: Doug Kramer's Home Theater  (Read 34743 times)

Offline DPT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Doug Kramer's Home Theater
« Reply #30 on: Jul 28, 2019 at 04:20 PM »
That house is part of the Team Kramer business.  It was meant to "wow" people and serve as an aspiration for the hard working masses. Product placers will keep paying them money as long as they keep the influencer role going.

It is called "Aspirational Marketing".  Kendall Jenner perfected this business model and is now worth more than P52,000,000,000.00.

The Kramers are following the Kardashan playbook :)

That is true.  But for most people who just envy it because they live in that house and does not have an idea about the headache attached to owning that house, that is another story.

For most part it is a marketing ploy and probably they are in debt somewhat because of that.  They might be  able to pay all of it in the future.

As with houses or "luxury" it is prone to conspicuous consumption.  The Kramer might have a WOW house this week. But someone who feel slighted by that wanton display of wealth will build an even more insane house just to say they can do so.  And the Kramer house will be a so so by the new standards. But the debt is still there

I am just saying as a marketing gimmick it might have a short shelf life but the cost goes with it may linger around for years.

4 servants and maybe a building administrator + contracted services  would be needed to run that house.

If they are as a couple would try to run that house with so many failure points. It will be burden in the future.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jul 28, 2019 at 04:26 PM »
DI naman ako naiinggit Sir, but I'm bitching about the fortune that came to these people even before they came into their middle age or 40's, as for most non-celebrity folks, chances are they could only build the house of their dreams when they're already in their mid-50s, 60s or 70s. But these people literally has become multi-millionaires by their early 30s, likely making their first million pesos noong mga 20+ pa lang sila. I'd most likely worked till I'm in my 70s, but I cannot conceived being able to afford even a middle-class two-level dwelling in a Camella sub, except if you've the gumption to take out a 5-million loan from your Pagibig.
I'm bitchin' about the kind of culture that rewards celebrities with a flood of privileges, money and worship - that they go on building houses thats as huge as hotels while the "fans" go home at the end of the day in hovels and in those Camella dwellings na sobrang init at sikip. The culture is celebrity-mad, some schools would even take out their students for excursion trips to ABS-CBN para manood ng Wowowee. Can you imagine, magaling lang mag-dribble yung mama, at napakakinis yung mestizang asawa - and they got a media industry going about them? Guy even got a 4K Sony projector that looks like that $15,000 Sony model, and an 180-inch screen, who wants to leave the house with that cinematic amenity?
Such a surfeit of wealth, I'd pity the maid who'll tidy up such a huge house...
(As to the Ford E-150 car, I read it can carry cargo two tons more than a Mitsubishi L300, hence it might look forbidding with its V8 gasoline engine, but it looks like the hauler we need for the paper supplies.)

There is a shift of  the roadmap of success nowadays.

We were taught to go to schools, get a degree and work to be rich. That is farthest from the truth. We are victims of that teachings. That is a lie peddle by University and colleges to get people to enroll in schools for them to get rich.

The Kramers are fortunate indeed. They have the Genes and family upbringing to take advantage of their strengths. We cannot fault them for that.

And they are wise enough to recognize the model that a college degree and working 9-5 is not a recipe for being a millionaire.

But non linear earning models are as well multiple income streams as the right model.

That is why financial literacy is really needed to be taught correctly.

Some people are logical enough to recognize that to become a millionaire they have to do other  things that 99% of the other people cant, dont do, or wont do.

I have driven and used  a E150 before and I really did not like it.   It is a pig to drive, and the interior is like from the 1980s.  Thick plastics and noisy as hell if you go 140 to 150kph.

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019 at 04:31 PM by DPT »

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 28, 2019 at 04:39 PM »
sa ganung place siguro hindi magiging burden sakin yun. kung my ganun ako jan ko gugustuhin mag retire. kayang kaya naman siguro i sustain ng business nila yan. sa location palang aT view nakakrelax na sobra.

I meant burden to maintain it. Physically, emotionally, and monetarily.

If you have alot of gizmos and high tech things inside your house. They are  failure points. The more things you have in your house that can break. The most failure points you have.

Especially if you just want to live your life and not be bothered by leaky faucets, roof leaks, pool clogs, etc etc. You want to live a life not the house running your life by try to fix issues here and there because it is a high maintenance part of your life.

Imagine a 65 year old retiree living in that house and running it by himself without a support team of maids. dedicated administrator and contracted services?

I bet for each issue you solve, 2 or 3 new problem or task is needed to be done.

Just arranging  a schedule for a pool cleaning sessions. How many tasks does it create from calling, scheduling. follow up, monitoring,  actual cleaning, follow up. etc etc?

He has an automated house and most probably his app is cloud based and needs an active internet connection to login to his account.

If the internet goes down. I bet he will have a nightmare. Imagine a voice controlled assistant that will reply to you that it does not have an internet connection.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019 at 04:42 PM by DPT »

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #33 on: Jul 28, 2019 at 08:27 PM »
Baka naman, "Pa-WOW now, sell later" then build again...

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: Aug 05, 2019 at 11:04 PM »
So may nakaka-alam ba ng setup nya?

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 305
« Reply #35 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 12:56 AM »

If you have alot of gizmos and high tech things inside your house. They are  failure points. The more things you have in your house that can break. The most failure points you have.

Especially if you just want to live your life and not be bothered by leaky faucets, roof leaks, pool clogs, etc etc. You want to live a life not the house running your life by try to fix issues here and there because it is a high maintenance part of your life.

Imagine a 65 year old retiree living in that house and running it by himself without a support team of maids. dedicated administrator and contracted services?

I bet for each issue you solve, 2 or 3 new problem or task is needed to be done.

Just arranging  a schedule for a pool cleaning sessions. How many tasks does it create from calling, scheduling. follow up, monitoring,  actual cleaning, follow up. etc etc?

He has an automated house and most probably his app is cloud based and needs an active internet connection to login to his account.

If the internet goes down. I bet he will have a nightmare. Imagine a voice controlled assistant that will reply to you that it does not have an internet connection.

yan ang nagagawa ng pera nila. kung ganyan ako ka yaman tapos my stable business no need na problemahin yan. call and call nalang ng mga mag aayos. even sa kuryente nila diba sabi ni doug naisip nya na daw yun. kaya nagpa solar siya. very well planned ang bahay nya kaya sigurado alam nya paano i maintain para hindi maging burden sa kanila yun.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 12:56 AM »
So may nakaka-alam ba ng setup nya?

speakers lang. klipsch + svs.

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 591
« Reply #37 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 04:08 AM »

That doesn't stop people from getting big houses with lots of nice stuff.

If Kramer's finances can maintain his abode, what's the problem?
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2019 at 04:10 AM by t-bone »
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #38 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 06:20 PM »
maybe we can concentrate on the "theater" rather than talk about their financial capabilities?

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 07:20 PM »
That doesn't stop people from getting big houses with lots of nice stuff.

If Kramer's finances can maintain his abode, what's the problem?

In case you missed the point. That house is not for everyone. If people envy them for having that house  they basically just see the rainbows and balloons  and have no idea how much effort needed to run that house.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2019 at 07:24 PM by DPT »

Offline t-bone

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 09:13 PM »
In case you missed the point. That house is not for everyone. If people envy them for having that house  they basically just see the rainbows and balloons  and have no idea how much effort needed to run that house.

In case you missed the point.  If Kramer can afford to run a big house, what is the problem?

I have many friends who have houses bigger than the Kramer's, but I never hear them bitch about the maintenance.  Why?  Because they can afford to hire people to fix their problems. 

Mindset mo kasi pang poor people, "Ay naku, ayoko ng malaking bahay mahirap kasi i-maintain yan."

You have to think like how the rich think, "Lets work to keep the cashflow running, so we can enjoy our great lifestyle."

Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #41 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 09:26 PM »
"Spiderman"

"Walang basagan ng trip"

If they fall, they fall. So far sulit na pagpagawa nila ng bahay dahil napapag-usapan sila. For sure na figure out na nila pros & cons nyan. Mukha naman silang may mga pinag-aralan.

As long as masaya sila na walang inaagrabyadong kapwa, ayos na yun. Yun ang pinili nilang lifestyle then so be it. We have ours naman.

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #42 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 09:48 PM »
Ang set-up nya naka 11.2.4 sya.   Dun sa bluray room nya nandun ang av rack nya.  100% sure ako na di Marantz yung amp nya kasi hindi porthole ang design ng screen.  Baka Denon na dual AVR para umabot ang 11.2.4. Correct me if I'm wrong, 2 pairs of  side surrounds ang gamit nya no?
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2019 at 09:55 PM by comet »

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #43 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 09:51 PM »
sino kaya nag setup ng HT niya? naintriga ko kung sino gumawa.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 11:02 PM »
In case you missed the point.  If Kramer can afford to run a big house, what is the problem?

I have many friends who have houses bigger than the Kramer's, but I never hear them bitch about the maintenance.  Why?  Because they can afford to hire people to fix their problems. 

Mindset mo kasi pang poor people, "Ay naku, ayoko ng malaking bahay mahirap kasi i-maintain yan."

You have to think like how the rich think, "Lets work to keep the cashflow running, so we can enjoy our great lifestyle."

No wonder Warren Buffet lives in a modest house that he has since 1960s and nowhere near as grand as Kramers house. Even though he is literally  more than 10,000x richer than the Kramers.

The rich mindset is totally the opposite of what you are saying. The rich knows the value of money and knows what is an investment an what is a liability.

They are logical and not subject to conspicious consumption. They can resist their wants and knows their needs.

The Chinese are master of this. Even though they are rich and still follow a frugal lifestyle and keep their lives simple for most part.

To you to have a rich mindset is to throw away money because you can afford to throw money away.  Be a slave to your wants and buy Maserati, lambos and toys because you can afford it.

That is not what the rich mindset is. That is actually a poverty mindset.  It is a poverty mindset because that is how poor people think.

The only difference is you got money, and the actual poor people do not have.

It is like people buying Iphone on credit cards and earning minimun wages. Or being in debt to buy cars, houses.

The rich mindset people buy expensive things because the cost of that expensive thing is only from the interest of their wealth.\
They can buy a condo just from the interest of the investment.

If you buy a condo or a house like that of the Kramer and you are in debt even it is used as a prop for marketing. How is that a  Rich mindset? You are still in debt.

Sorry, but you got your financial education backwards.

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2019 at 11:04 PM by DPT »

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 11:32 PM »
SMH

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline t-bone

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 11:41 PM »
No wonder Warren Buffet lives in a modest house that he has since 1960s and nowhere near as grand as Kramers house. Even though he is literally  more than 10,000x richer than the Kramers.

The rich mindset is totally the opposite of what you are saying. The rich knows the value of money and knows what is an investment an what is a liability.

They are logical and not subject to conspicious consumption. They can resist their wants and knows their needs.

The Chinese are master of this. Even though they are rich and still follow a frugal lifestyle and keep their lives simple for most part.

To you to have a rich mindset is to throw away money because you can afford to throw money away.  Be a slave to your wants and buy Maserati, lambos and toys because you can afford it.

That is not what the rich mindset is. That is actually a poverty mindset.  It is a poverty mindset because that is how poor people think.

The only difference is you got money, and the actual poor people do not have.

It is like people buying Iphone on credit cards and earning minimun wages. Or being in debt to buy cars, houses.

The rich mindset people buy expensive things because the cost of that expensive thing is only from the interest of their wealth.\
They can buy a condo just from the interest of the investment.

If you buy a condo or a house like that of the Kramer and you are in debt even it is used as a prop for marketing. How is that a  Rich mindset? You are still in debt.

Sorry, but you got your financial education backwards.

Obviously, konti lang kilala mong mayayaman.  Warren Buffett is an exception to how the truly rich live. 

Frugal daw mga rich?  Si Gokongwei lives in North Forbes , George Tee goes around in a Rolls Royce,  Tessie Sy hops about in her Agusta helicopter.   Iba na ang panahon ngayon.  I know because I came from a premiere Chinoy school.  Gone are the days when the business owner wears the same old clothes everyday and sleeps in the bodega.

Like I said in the earlier post, Doug's house is part of the Team Kramer business.  They are projecting themselves as the "ideal" family.  WIth this image, they earn Millions every year endorsing and being seen with sponsored products.

If they maintain their Kramer business cashflow, the house will eventually pay for itself. 

Don't worry about them, worry more about yourself.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2019 at 12:00 AM by t-bone »
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 11:51 PM »
Obviously, konti lang kilala mong mayayaman.  Warren Buffett is an exception to how the truly rich live. 

Frugal daw mga rich?  Si Gokongwei lives in North Forbes , George Tee goes around in a Rolls Royce,  Tessie Sy hops about in her Agusta helicopter.   Iba na ang panahon ngayon.  I know because I came from a premiere Chinoy school.

Like I said in the earlier post, Doug's house is part of the Team Kramer business.  They are projecting themselves as the "ideal" family.  WIth this image, they earn Millions every year endorsing and being seen with sponsored products.

If they maintain their Kramer business cashflow, the house will eventually pay for itself. 

baka umabot pa ang usapan sa lifestyle ni MJ.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 11:16 AM »
no need na paabutin sa lifestyle ni MJ bro. haha. meron lang hindi nakakaintindi sa mga lifestyle ng mga lehitimong mayayaman. pag pinanood mo ang buong video, halatang halata naman na napagplanuhan ng maigi ang pag gawa ng bahay at yung mga gastusin, except lang kung di pinanood ng buo ang video tapos bumanat ng mahirap yan, mahirap to, agad.

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #49 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 12:36 PM »
TAMA si Sir DPT. My thinking, if it may sound crab-like and self-pitying, was altered from the insights he has shared here. Its like getting a fastracked, in-a-nutshell course in financial & estate planning. Could it be that he has written a column for a business daily before? 

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 12:53 PM »
TAMA si Sir DPT. My thinking, if it may sound crab-like and self-pitying, was altered from the insights he has shared here. Its like getting a fastracked, in-a-nutshell course in financial & estate planning. Could it be that he has written a column for a business daily before?

whatever it is, it's not our problem anymore.  as what sir RastaSega said lets just talk about his set up.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 02:03 PM »

Frugal daw mga rich?  Si Gokongwei lives in North Forbes , George Tee goes around in a Rolls Royce,  Tessie Sy hops about in her Agusta helicopter.   Iba na ang panahon ngayon.  I know because I came from a premiere Chinoy school.  Gone are the days when the business owner wears the same old clothes everyday and sleeps in the bodega.

Oh well.. You know you can deduct expenses that is related to your business. Or the Augusta Helicopter is under a business whose depreciation cost can be deducted as an expense or the cost of flying it can be deducted as a cost of doing business.

Basically George Tee can buy a Rolls Royce without doing nothing. That is rich. He makes his money do the working while he bum around all day.

But if you do blogging like the Kramers or spend time building a house, making videos, appearing in commercials etc etc. They are not really rich. It is basically  they are not on the same Quadrant as defined by R. Kurosaki.  They still trade time for money.  They are basically highly paid professionals. If they stop appearing in commercials or by absurdity they got banned appearing in public, on TV, cinema and youtube. Their income stream is cut

Buying a house in the Philippines is a big expense financially. You cannot deduct interest expense. Unlike in the States where interest paid on mortgages you can deduct it somehwhat.

The Pinoy mindset is. They want to get rich to get all the luxury they want.  As opposite to the rich mindset where they want to get rich because it is the proper way of living.

I hope you see the difference now.  I respect your opinion. But if you ask me. You have to be updated. Financial education is evolving like everything else.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2019 at 02:09 PM by DPT »

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 03:02 PM »
They are basically highly paid professionals. If they stop appearing in commercials or by absurdity they got banned appearing in public, on TV, cinema and youtube. Their income stream is cut

ah grabe. super negative. inunahan mo na agad sir ah.

first of all expected mo na high cost ang maintenance ng lifestyle mo you will stop appearing in commercials?i bet bago sila mag retire jan sir 100% sure meron ng very stable business or other source of income to maintain their lifestyle.

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 07:46 PM »
ah grabe. super negative. inunahan mo na agad sir ah.

first of all expected mo na high cost ang maintenance ng lifestyle mo you will stop appearing in commercials?i bet bago sila mag retire jan sir 100% sure meron ng very stable business or other source of income to maintain their lifestyle.

It is a fact of life that nothing is certain. We are saying what if?

That is a classic case of a hamster inside a turn wheel or in a rat race. If you stop or for some unknown reason something stopped you what you are doing now you to earn  you will be in a financial crisis.

Before you be able to retire 100% in the future you have to contend with the present.

Alot of people dream of a retirement lifestyle without doing anything now. Or what they are doing now is disconnected with their future retirement plan.

They are thinking it "will just fix itself" or they will win a lotto in the future.

Like for example now. If you have a house and in debt. And you want to retire in the future at a certain date. Everything you do now will either make it happen or not.   How big of a house or debt interest you will pay will affect your future retirement plan.

But alot of people are too oblivious to face that fact and still hope that they will retire without putting in the effort needed.

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1211
« Reply #54 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 08:26 PM »
Walang basagan ng trip! :P

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #55 on: Aug 07, 2019 at 11:00 PM »
sino kaya nag setup ng HT niya? naintriga ko kung sino gumawa.

He bought the top of the line sony laser projector from avdi also the crestron automation system. I heard he designed and planned everything. Sya nasunod talaga even with the time line of build. Passionate din sya sa hobby na ito and im sure he is very happy with the result. Wala naman talaga perfect na scenario eh.

Also if 11.2.4, baka nag parallel or series or Y connection sya ng 2pairs  ng surrounds. Wala pa kasi 15ch processor/avr na alam ko.

To sum it up, kanya kanyang passion yan.

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 08, 2019 at 02:12 AM »
He bought the top of the line sony laser projector from avdi also the crestron automation system. I heard he designed and planned everything. Sya nasunod talaga even with the time line of build. Passionate din sya sa hobby na ito and im sure he is very happy with the result. Wala naman talaga perfect na scenario eh.

Also if 11.2.4, baka nag parallel or series or Y connection sya ng 2pairs  ng surrounds. Wala pa kasi 15ch processor/avr na alam ko.

To sum it up, kanya kanyang passion yan.

Nice. Im assuming he bought the speakers somewhere else. Correct me if i’m wrong. avdi does not carry klipsch and svs. Si mike c ang alam ko pag svs then klipsch marami namang shop ang nagbebenta.

Offline Ice Storm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #57 on: Aug 08, 2019 at 03:25 AM »
Trash talking people like the Kramers will turn off anyone with a similar or higher end lifestyle to join PDVD.

Grabe the personal attacks on these celebs.

It's disgusting.

I'd expect it from TipidPC, PEx or r/Philippines but I'd think PDVD wouldn't have this mental illness.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #58 on: Aug 08, 2019 at 05:50 AM »
grabe sa reaction, sobrang negative.  samantalang ako, naisip ko lang ang cool nun playroom nung mga kids and ofcourse better speakers ^_^
ninjababez online ..

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #59 on: Aug 08, 2019 at 06:28 AM »
The overlooking infinity pool! Any ideas where's the place located? Obviously I'm not from Manila. Very nice location they got.
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...