Author Topic: Home Theater 101: A Guide To Setting Up  (Read 46223 times)

Offline psi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: Home Theater 101: A Guide To Setting Up
« Reply #90 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 11:34 AM »
Good post sir...KUDOS

Offline qctech

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: Oct 30, 2010 at 09:08 PM »
hi guys. did anyone ever tried matching up any yamaha av receiver with polk audio bookshelf speaker (LSi series). maganda ba for a small room?

Offline LLG

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 08:30 AM »
Good Morning Sir/s, hope you find the time to entertain this noob here :).

I would just like to know your inputs/advice as I am considering to purchase/use an Altec Lansing VS4121 or Altec Octane7 for a basic 2.1 speaker set-up to go with my pioneer dvd player-LG Plasma set-up.

I understand that originally these are PC/Laptop/MP speakers by nature but I'm currently on a budget and considering I only plan to put them in a  small-medium sized room, I figure I won't need anything too powerful naman to fill it up with sound while watching movies.

I also know of Altec's MX and Expressionist lines which could have been more suitable for my intended use but sadly stocks here are very hard to come by plus they cost twice as much than the VS and Octane7 series. Has anyone tried using their VS or Octane7s with their DVD Players? Will there be any negative effects on the dvd-tv set-up in the long run?  ???

Currently, I tried plugging my Creative 2.1 desktop speakers/Sub to my dvd player (via 3.5-RCA conversion cables) while my dvd's hdmi is plugged to the tv. Tried running tokyo drift's race scenes and no problems so far.

Would the experts advice against this kind of set-up? ??? What are the cons of this set-up po?
Hoping to get your inputs and suggestions mga Sir/s before I go out and purchase the VS or Octane7s. ;D

Thanks in advance. ;D

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #93 on: Mar 24, 2011 at 01:49 PM »
Good Morning Sir/s, hope you find the time to entertain this noob here :).

I would just like to know your inputs/advice as I am considering to purchase/use an Altec Lansing VS4121 or Altec Octane7 for a basic 2.1 speaker set-up to go with my pioneer dvd player-LG Plasma set-up.

I understand that originally these are PC/Laptop/MP speakers by nature but I'm currently on a budget and considering I only plan to put them in a  small-medium sized room, I figure I won't need anything too powerful naman to fill it up with sound while watching movies.

I also know of Altec's MX and Expressionist lines which could have been more suitable for my intended use but sadly stocks here are very hard to come by plus they cost twice as much than the VS and Octane7 series. Has anyone tried using their VS or Octane7s with their DVD Players? Will there be any negative effects on the dvd-tv set-up in the long run?  ???

Currently, I tried plugging my Creative 2.1 desktop speakers/Sub to my dvd player (via 3.5-RCA conversion cables) while my dvd's hdmi is plugged to the tv. Tried running tokyo drift's race scenes and no problems so far.

Would the experts advice against this kind of set-up? ??? What are the cons of this set-up po?
Hoping to get your inputs and suggestions mga Sir/s before I go out and purchase the VS or Octane7s. ;D

Thanks in advance. ;D

Managed to audition both Altec models but the Octane 7 tends to have distortion when the volume is set at more than half. I personally would not recommend Octane 7 plus its highs are a bit "muddy" I would go for the Logitech z623 as it has a more balanced mids and highs. Its bass is soft and deep.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Apr 07, 2011 at 02:44 PM »
tanong lang po,

in choosing AVR, is it necessary na it can decode DTS/DOLBY (etc.) if im using XTreamer or maybe my PC thru HDMI and/or OPTICAL of w/c both can decode DD and DTS? TIA

Offline justine tubig

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jun 22, 2011 at 01:03 AM »
hi im justine from pampanga and im planning of setting up my home theater and planning to purchase some set up or packages available, here are my shortlist of 5.1 set up.

-yamaha vs-x367  +  nsp110b   = total of 25k
-pioneer rxv820k   +  s-hs100 (not so sure)  = total of  28k
and have been checking on their brochures and specs online.

any info that you can add would be helpful.thank you

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #96 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 07:20 AM »
hi im justine from pampanga and im planning of setting up my home theater and planning to purchase some set up or packages available, here are my shortlist of 5.1 set up.

-yamaha vs-x367  +  nsp110b   = total of 25k
-pioneer rxv820k   +  s-hs100 (not so sure)  = total of  28k
and have been checking on their brochures and specs online.

any info that you can add would be helpful.thank you

Welcome to PinoyDVD Sir Justine. I can only comment on the Yamaha setup. if you can get the Yamaha RXV467 that would be better if you can stretch your budget a bit. The RXV367 is made in China while RX467 is made in Malaysia. The later models of Yamahas were shifted to Malaysia for production. Malaysian models have better cooling systems than the ones from China. Also Yamaha RX471 is coming in so you might also want to check out its features. Make sure to audition the receiver with your chosen speakers and bring your own music and movie files.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline whitey29

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM »
good morning sir,
just bought 32" LED tv with home theater speakers and buy hdmi cable having hard time to set up.will the home theater function too on tv broadcast pls help need advise thanks.

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #98 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 02:31 PM »
good morning sir,
just bought 32" LED tv with home theater speakers and buy hdmi cable having hard time to set up.will the home theater function too on tv broadcast pls help need advise thanks.

you mean home theater speakers does it comes also with receiver/amp?. If so, just connect audio cable L/R from TV to amp's aux or any audio input then you're good to go..  :) 
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #99 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 04:18 PM »

This is a Great thread! Thumbs up to all of you here. This helps a lot of people who are planning to
setup their own ht systems at home. God bless you.  :)

Offline vircor

• Collector
  • So many things to do, so little time...
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Aug 13, 2011 at 02:29 PM »
Wow! Its been too long since my last visit to this wonderful site. I can't believe that this thread is still up.

It's nice to be back.  :)

Offline fbhombre

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Apr 02, 2012 at 01:21 PM »
hi masters, help po :( i'm planning to install a small hts in my sala, want to play pc and dvds also.

i was thinking of this setup

ktc 32" tv -> receiver (or htsib) -> speakers

then:

pc -> receiver (walang htsib na may 5.1 na in :( unless u can recommend?) -> speakers.

comments/help/advise naman sirs? thanks! :)

Offline Abril

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 04:41 PM »
Hi mga bossing, newbie po about HT. meron po kasi ako nabili devant dv-5160, eto po link -http://www.devanttv.com/products/speakers/dv-5160#overview

sinubukan ko po i-connect sa old nextbase NB-895 dvd player thru 5.1 channel.

problem po, walang sound sa rear(L & R) at sa center speaker, naka set naman yung speaker ng player sa 5.1 ch. ano po kaya problem? yung player? is it something about DTS decoding?

salamat po

Offline elninyo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 09:42 PM »

Hi!

I'm a newbie. I have a Samsung PS43E450. I would like to set up a Home theater system. Space is around
100sq. What are the gadgets that i need to watch (many) diff movies with very nice sounds and pictures.

If i have a budget of 30-40k,what would you recommend?

Thanks,

elninyo

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #104 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 10:04 AM »
Hi!

I'm a newbie. I have a Samsung PS43E450. I would like to set up a Home theater system. Space is around
100sq. What are the gadgets that i need to watch (many) diff movies with very nice sounds and pictures.

If i have a budget of 30-40k,what would you recommend?

Thanks,

elninyo

100 sqm? or sqft? that's a lot of space to cover if in meters..gadgets? if you have none and you only have a display..and if you are on a budget..get a media player instead of blu-ray..get 2nd hand amp/receiver or wait for promos since sometimes some yamaha receivers drop as low as 10k..you may check wharfedale speakers or check some pre-owned speakers at the market section..

Offline Junnel_

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Aug 22, 2013 at 07:35 AM »
Hi guys, may I seek for your advise?

We are setting up our home theater max budget now 80,000. We have decided to get a 47LA6910 3D/ SmartTV, it costs 55,000 just the unit. Now we're left with 25,000 for the sounds, player, accessories, misc.

Naisip namin na baka kulang ang budget for sounds so we're considering a 42" instead of 47" since they have 15,000 difference to give more allowance for the sounds, player, misc.

So kung kukuha na lang kame ng 42" 3D/ SmartTV, we still have 40,000 for the rest. By the way the area is about 11.5 sqm, about 8ft distance from the TV.

Ano po kaya ang pwede namin mabili sa 40,000 considering we want a nice sound to compliment the TV and I'm sure we need a player as well and the cables.

Thanks in advance.

Offline joesat

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Sep 07, 2013 at 06:42 PM »
Good day guys..actually these questions are for my friend's set up (not a pdvd member)...he's planning to have 2 in 1 set up ( HT/Audio)..He wants to have a separate tube preamp for the music and a receiver for HT, at the same time using the power amp section of receiver to compliment the tube preamp for music without purchasing a dedicated power amp..doing this is possible i think when the receiver have 'main-in' section which upon checking, not already available in latest versions of receivers. or maybe di ko lang alam o nacheck lahat ng brands...any suggestions or options on this?salamat po...
Yam aventage,Sansui,kenwood,emotiva,rotel rc971/rb981,amx 6l6,s67n,Audio nirvana,mark audio,elac b6

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #107 on: Sep 07, 2013 at 09:12 PM »
If budget permits, i would rather buy a dedicated stereo power amp for audio, because he can also use it for HT naman via the preamp output of the AVR.

Offline joesat

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 04:55 PM »
^thanks sir..cguro pwede rin integrated tube amp nalng for music and receiver sa ht. di naman daw kalakihan ang room so cguro pwede na ganitong set up para makatipid...
Yam aventage,Sansui,kenwood,emotiva,rotel rc971/rb981,amx 6l6,s67n,Audio nirvana,mark audio,elac b6

Offline kkk3

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #109 on: Apr 17, 2014 at 01:16 PM »
Dear All:

Any of our numerous forum gurus/expert offer "free" HT set up advises? Yun bang we can invite them over for correct posisitoning of speakers, cable management,  TV or projector calibration and others?

If none, can anyone recommend a professional? I just find it frustrating sa hit and miss diskarte ko, :-).

Thanks

Elvis