Author Topic: DVD+R Media Quality and Compatibility  (Read 46346 times)

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: DVD+R Media Quality and Compatibility
« Reply #60 on: Jul 21, 2005 at 10:56 AM »
what if you burned plain files and not a disk image (like iso),  does the MID disappear too?
anong itsura ng Ritek 8X DVD+R na yan.  iyan ba yung white printables or those with the blue surface?

Same effect. My first test burn was a bunch of jpeg files. The disk is light yellow with a dotted pattern forming an arrow.

Offline idlewild

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Jul 31, 2005 at 08:35 PM »
I was able to come across this inexpensive media while I was on a business trip in Manila.  It came with a MID code unsupported by my burner.  Here's the quality scan of the first burn.

e-top DVD+R 8X

Media Code: EMDP0000
Physical Description: Red, only RW logo

Purchased at CD-R King Ayala MRT for Php12.00/DVD
Rated @8X, detected and burnt @4X using an LG GSA-4163B

Media test: No read errors.  SFV verification on data is OK.

Additional Test (K-Probe BLER Scan)

Test platforms:
    - Successful read on Lite-On SOHW-812S
    - Successful read on LG GSA-4163B
    - Successful read on Asus DVD-E616
    - Successful read on BenQ DW1620
    - Successful read on Samsung DVD-P248A DVD player

I just hope the burn quality on the remaining discs will remain consistent.

UPDATE: Burnt two more spindles of this disc and I have to say the burn quality is consistent :)  The label also claims it's an A-grade media.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2005 at 07:17 PM by idlewild »

Offline mr. clay

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 08:32 PM »
Plano ko kasing bumili ng dvd burner next sweldo. mababasa kaya ng player ko ung mga dvd-r discs? i have a pioneer player na luma na and di ko alam kung nababasa nya ung mga dvd-r discs. magkano na ba agn dvd-r recorder?

Offline ADM202E

• Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 30, 2005 at 09:58 AM »
Plano ko kasing bumili ng dvd burner next sweldo. mababasa kaya ng player ko ung mga dvd-r discs? i have a pioneer player na luma na and di ko alam kung nababasa nya ung mga dvd-r discs. magkano na ba agn dvd-r recorder?

you may check www.pcx.com.ph for updated  price list on pc hardware. Most pc enthusiast and overclockers would recommend liteon bro, di ako sales agent nito ha hehehe......... thats based from experience vs sony, samsung and asus drives. Your movie, divx, mp3, wmv.wma and ps2 backups will be read even if you used +R media both by branded and generic players. Be careful lang sa media to use, be sure to check reviews dito specific for audio and video purposes.

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Aug 30, 2005 at 10:41 AM »
you may check www.pcx.com.ph for updated  price list on pc hardware. Most pc enthusiast and overclockers would recommend liteon bro, di ako sales agent nito ha hehehe......... thats based from experience vs sony, samsung and asus drives. Your movie, divx, mp3, wmv.wma and ps2 backups will be read even if you used +R media both by branded and generic players. Be careful lang sa media to use, be sure to check reviews dito specific for audio and video purposes.

my recommendation are LG or BENQ..

check some post here for more info

Offline ADM202E

• Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 30, 2005 at 10:55 AM »
Im recommending Lite-on 16x dual drive. Check out reviews both local and US/UK. BTW liteon is the OEM for dell pcs and laptops, and other PC manufacturers. Close competitor is TEAC.

Offline wmac

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 05:18 PM »
Any other good reviews on E top media here?

Offline redisol

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 08:29 AM »
Any other good reviews on E top media here?

I'm quite satisfied with E-top.  Here's a sample scan of the media burned using my Benq 1620 @ 8x.

Offline yoh-kun

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 04:42 AM »
anyone tried the Nanya DVD+R?s any comments?
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2005 at 03:08 PM by firewired »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #69 on: Oct 15, 2005 at 03:18 PM »
1. Media code: NANYA-CLX-000

2. Physical description: all white, minimalist design with the RW logo on the right side and the DVD logo at the bottom; "CD-R King" printed around the inner ring

3. Place of purchase: CD-R King Gilmore (the one nearer Aurora)

4. Price per piece: Php7.00

5. Claimed burn speed and the speed you burned at: claimed 8x; burned at 8x (8m 12s burn time including lead-in/lead-out).

6. DVDInfoPro media test for read errors - no read errors (DVDInfoPro, DVD Decrypter, Nero CD-DVD Speed)

7. Test platforms - tested on a Pio DV-270, Pio DV-383, and a Fukuda 881

8. Notes - Burned with a Pioneer A07XL branded drive with firmware updated to 1.22 (original version released 09/2005). The Nanya 8X +R disc is specifically listed as supported media.

Overall, the 8X Nanyas performed very well for me, but only after I upgraded the firmware. Before that, the A07 defaulted to a generic write strategy which resulted in problematic burns and disc verification issues.
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2005 at 09:06 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline mojako

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 03:27 AM »
san meron e-top na dvd?

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 08:14 AM »
sorry no more etops available..

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #72 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 01:04 PM »
Yeah, naubos na ata.  The most common "branded" DVD-Rs these days are Azul and Fortis.

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 08:32 AM »
Yeah, naubos na ata.  The most common "branded" DVD-Rs these days are Azul and Fortis.

fortis somehow not good.. may isa akong fortis dito ayaw magburn sa LG.. isa lang naman pero 3 binili ko havent tested others..

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 18, 2005 at 02:35 PM »
Last week my brother in law from Canada gave me as a gift a boxed LG GSA-4167B.  I tried using several generic media; Fortis, Across, Melody and a branded one Verbatim Data Life Plus but all failed to burn my data.  The recorded message was "buffer too large" at the start of the burning.  What could be causing this? CD-R/RW writes flawlessly on this writer.

I know there are owners here of the 4167B drives, what medias have been used on them that wrote without problems so that I can try them myself.  Also, the DL12 Firmware update that I have downloaded on the net don't seem to work and is indicating immediately an error on the conversion/update.  Current firmware is DL10.  Can I skip the DL11 and go directly to DL12?

Thanks.

ALA EH!!

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 10:09 AM »
Last week my brother in law from Canada gave me as a gift a boxed LG GSA-4167B.  I tried using several generic media; Fortis, Across, Melody and a branded one Verbatim Data Life Plus but all failed to burn my data.  The recorded message was "buffer too large" at the start of the burning.  What could be causing this? CD-R/RW writes flawlessly on this writer.

I know there are owners here of the 4167B drives, what medias have been used on them that wrote without problems so that I can try them myself.  Also, the DL12 Firmware update that I have downloaded on the net don't seem to work and is indicating immediately an error on the conversion/update.  Current firmware is DL10.  Can I skip the DL11 and go directly to DL12?

Thanks.

ano bang data binurburn mo? largers cguro yan ng 2 GB.. alam ko nero nagloloko dyan pag ganyan na kalaki
pwede din i skip 12 ka na agad.. pero ako 10 lang.. as long wlang problem writer mo dont upgrade..

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 10:50 AM »
This is probably a hardware issue not on the drive itself but settings on PC and some drivers causing the errors as I've read it in several forums on the net.  I just thought that it was directly media quality that's why I posted it here.

Thanks.
ALA EH!!

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 05:03 PM »

Thanks.

pareho tayo ng dvd writer,lahat naman ng ipasok kung dvd media kahit yung super cheap na dvd+or - r media/cdr/dvdrw/cdrw,etc(kasi pati dvd-ram)6 pesos or so sa cdrking...pwede.it is a multiformat dvd burner.wala pa kong kahit isang coaster and ang data ko is usually 4.7 to even overburn pa ko lagi,ok naman...

Offline mr. clay

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 23, 2006 at 01:42 PM »
ang gamit ko arita from cd-r king. 8x sya. meron na bang dvd-r na gold ang dye sa ilalim?

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 08:14 AM »
ang gamit ko arita from cd-r king. 8x sya. meron na bang dvd-r na gold ang dye sa ilalim?

ha? may arita ba na dvd? didnot noticed that..

Offline strangebrew

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Aug 21, 2006 at 11:03 PM »
i've recently bought sony dvd+ and dvd-...both has mid's SONY08D1 / SONY D11 but it says unknown manufacturer  ???.

Offline strangebrew

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Aug 22, 2006 at 12:21 AM »
is there any 'reading scans for dummies' thread here? im a lil clueless in reading disc scans...hanggang disc info lang ang kaya kong basahin lol

Offline luranski

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Nov 26, 2006 at 12:34 AM »
may problema ba verbatim at hp dvds sa standalone players? salamat po.. ok po ba mga media na ito?

Offline MENAMEIS

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 23, 2006 at 08:08 PM »
I use LG-DVD Writer (latest model) and try to backup my DTS DEMO no. 9 using PHILIP DVD+R(dvd 9), i just found that the extra feature of dts demo no.9 dont work..it hang, then i try to burn it into dvd5, all extra features works, but less quality coz it compress the file.

any1 here knws a best DVD + R (dual 9), for LG-dvd writer,