Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The OC
« on: Apr 19, 2004 at 04:24 PM »
OMG!  :o

it didn't occur to me that the girl in "the OC" was in the sixth sense... she's KYRA! my she's grown!

and, oh yeah... it (the show) does get better on a 2nd viewing.  ::)
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2004 at 08:13 AM by Phobos »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: The OC
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2004 at 07:37 PM »
and, oh yeah... it (the show) does get better on a 2nd viewing.  ::)

I read on the other forum that they skipped the pilot of The OC and what they aired was the second episode.

Bad!

Well, I can guarantee you that last night's episode of Nip/Tuck was the actual pilot.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
The O.C.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:24 AM »
This show is a guilty pleasure for me; I can't stand teen dramas, but this one rises above them all because of the occasionally hilarious and snarky writing, plus a cast of really great, likeable characters--well except the lead guy, Ryan, who seems like he only has one expression plastered to his face, the wounded dog expression. Don't like him at all.

IMO the best character here is Seth Cohen, played by Adam Brody, who gets to say the snarkiest lines ever; I've read that Brody adlibs most of his lines, which makes them even more hilarious. His recurring love triangle with Summer and Anna is the one to watch, not the angst-ridden crap of Ryan and Marissa.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2004 at 11:35 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: The O.C.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 04:20 AM »
This show is a guilty pleasure for me; I can't stand teen dramas, but this one rises above them all because of the occasionally hilarious and snarky writing, plus a cast of really great, likeable characters--well except the lead guy, Ryan, who seems like he only has one expression plastered to his face, the wounded dog expression. Don't like him at all.

IMO the best character here is Seth Cohen, played by Adam Brody, who gets to say the snarkiest lines ever; I've read that Brody adlibs most of his lines, which makes them even more hilarious. His recurring love triangle with Summer and Anna is the one to watch, not the angst-ridden crap of Ryan and Marissa.

i actually prefer the OC to one-tree hill...   :P

ya gotta admit tho... melinda clarke's role here is quite a departure from her "lady heather" persona on CSI: las vegas!  ::)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 11:14 AM »
i actually prefer the OC to one-tree hill...   :P

ya gotta admit tho... melinda clarke's role here is quite a departure from her "lady heather" persona on CSI: las vegas!  ::)

gack...One Tree Hill is dull, boring, has bland characters who look the same, and all are as appealing as diarrhea. It's the poor man's Dawson's Creek.

Gotta love Melinda Clarke and her evil death glares--no one can compare, heh.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2004 at 11:16 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 11:28 AM »

gack...One Tree Hill is dull, boring, has bland characters who look the same, and all are as appealing as diarrhea. It's the poor man's Dawson's Creek.

Gotta love Melinda Clarke and her evil death glares--no one can compare, heh.  ;D

yup. mizz clarke rox!

one tree hill IS dull... which is sad since it has some pretty talented actors in the regular cast.  :-\

speaking cast... i heard one of the regulars on the OC doesn't make it to the next season... hmmmm.  ::)
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2004 at 11:32 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 01:15 PM »
speaking cast... i heard one of the regulars on the OC doesn't make it to the next season... hmmmm.  ::)

Most probably it's Samaire Armstrong, who plays the pretty, perky Anna. It was reported that she shot a pilot for a TV series about 3 nannys working in a posh hi-rise called Gramercy Park.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 01:40 PM »
Nah, it's someone actually in the opening credits who doesn't make it back next season.

You'll find out who later in the show's run... I won't spoil it for you.  8)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 10:35 AM »
ok.

But I hope it's that guy who plays Marissa's former boyfriend, since he's in the credits and is hardly even seen in every episode, heh

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 06:26 PM »
ok.

But I hope it's that guy who plays Marissa's former boyfriend, since he's in the credits and is hardly even seen in every episode, heh

he practically disappeared after he discovered his dad was gay... he'll probably crop back up soon.  ;D

i do hope they make seth's aunt a regular... she's h-h-h-HOT!! and her character is quite ineteresting (imagine sending her sister and brother-in-law to a swingles party... she's got cajones!! >:D)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 06:55 PM »
i do hope they make seth's aunt a regular... she's h-h-h-HOT!! and her character is quite interesting (imagine sending her sister and brother-in-law to a swingles party... she's got cajones!! >:D)

That's Amanda Righetti, who plays Aunt Hailey.

I still don't know how that's going to pan out. At the end of the season, she's very much a part of The OC's storyline (that's all I'll say), however, she turned up as a regular on Fox' new nighttime drama, North Shore, which started this summer. So I'm not sure she can juggle two television shows - and one films in Hawai'i.

Interestingly, she was a last minute replacement on North Shore, replacing Navi Rawat - who plays Ryan's ex, Theresa, on The OC.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2004 at 07:53 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2004 at 02:43 AM »
man! that oliver dude is t-r-o-u-b-l-e!!! i can believe how stoopid mischa barton's character is... sheesh!

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 01:27 PM »
Oliver = asshat
Marissa = gullible dumbass

actually these two already deserve each other

Julie with new hairdo = hot
Summer = hotter
Aunt Hailey = hottest ;D

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2004 at 01:34 AM »
Try checking out this quasi-reality show called Laguna Beach: The Real OC ..

An MTV show that plastered OC...
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 11:18 PM »
The new season finally started this week in the States. Most major cliffhangers were resolved by the end of the episode.

The show still pulled in very decent ratings, despite the move to Thursday nights opposite NBC's Joey-Will & Grace and CBS' Survivor.

As expected, although technically "Aunt Hailey" was still around, she was nowhere to be seen, probably due to Amanda Righetti's North Shore commitments. I have a feeling she's gonna turn up for a few cameos then will suddenly get the impulse to leave Jimmy and The OC behind.  :(

Fortunately, North Shore is struggling in the ratings, so she may be back sooner than we expect...  ;D

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2004 at 02:29 AM »
The new season finally started this week in the States. Most major cliffhangers were resolved by the end of the episode.

6months gone off the air.. thats one heck a long season rest for a TV show.....
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2004 at 08:04 PM »
6months gone off the air.. thats one heck a long season rest for a TV show.....

Not uncommon these days. The hiatuses are even longer for Alias, 24 and American Idol.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2004 at 11:23 PM »

Not uncommon these days. The hiatuses are even longer for Alias, 24 and American Idol.

It's most probably because their first season was overextended--27 episodes is way too over for most TV series.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 01:13 AM »
With all the new love interests introduced by the third episode, if Seth ends up with Marissa, this show has taken over One Tree Hill as the Dawson's Creek clone.

I'm just waiting for North Shore to get cancelled so Aunt Hailey can return.  ::)

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 06:34 AM »
Seth and Marissa????? NO WAY.

ps. i love seth ;D

Offline Centurion Obama

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ave Caesar!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 06:39 AM »
yay!  sungit's back!

I have an OC question.  Coz I watch OC sporadically on ETC.  Did that guy end up with Mischa Barton and then end up with her mom after!  That's gross!
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2004 at 06:41 AM by joey Fury »
Free Burma pa rin!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 09:49 AM »

Seth has no one to talk to. He goes to Marissa, who's in her bedroom. She tells him where Summer is, he tells her where Ryan is. They both go and try to hook up with their exes, and both find them having great times with their respective new love interests. End of episode: Marissa is on a bench. Seth finds her, says how they're the two loneliest people in Newport, and slowly sits beside her.  :o

But it's just wrong. Really!

Did that guy end up with Mischa Barton and then end up with her mom after!  That's gross!

Yup.

But comparing Melinda Clarke to Mischa Barton... can you blame him?  ;D

Offline Centurion Obama

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ave Caesar!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 02:03 PM »
oh well, if the plot lines weren't this screwy, i guess it wouldn't be worth talking about ;)
Free Burma pa rin!

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 12:48 PM »
hee hee. i bought The OC Soundtrack ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 03:55 PM »
hee hee. i bought The OC Soundtrack ;D

Mix 1, Mix 2, or Mix 3 (a.k.a.: "Have a Very Merry Chrismukkah")?

;D
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2004 at 03:56 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 10:31 PM »

ps. i love seth ;D

i like seth too. he sure is more interesting than that ryan kid! (seth's actually one of my favorite characters in the show... he he he.)   ;)

speaking of adam brody... i was flippin channels some weeks ago and nick was doing some reruns of old "the amanda show" episodes... and jeezus! i saw adam brody as one of the "brady kids" in the segment "when bradys attack!" ... ha ha ha! he's come a long way since that.  ;D

p.s. i think the lady who play's seth's grandma (no! not melinda clarke! ha ha ha!) ... she's a terrific actress! she delivered some great acting for a primetime series.  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2004 at 10:43 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 27, 2004 at 12:49 AM »
p.s. i think the lady who play's seth's grandma (no! not melinda clarke! ha ha ha!) ... she's a terrific actress! she delivered some great acting for a primetime series.  :)

You mean Nana Cohen? She's played by Linda Lavin, who became famous during the late 1970's when she starred in a sitcom of her own called "Alice". The sitcom was a hit, and ran for 9 seasons; it was based on a movie titled "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore".

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2004 at 02:04 AM »

You mean Nana Cohen? She's played by Linda Lavin, who became famous during the late 1970's when she starred in a sitcom of her own called "Alice". The sitcom was a hit, and ran for 9 seasons; it was based on a movie titled "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore".

yah... that's her! you're so right. i have some vague memories of "alice"... nothing concrete tho. but i never realized that she was "alice"... well, she DID look very different back then. LOL.  ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 04:29 PM »
Whoa!

That was a surprise lead character departure last Thursday... I didn't see it coming at all.

But one wonders why someone who at best had a mediocre TV/film career before The OC would suddenly decide to leave the hit show.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2005 at 04:30 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 07:27 PM »
Whoa!

That was a surprise lead character departure last Thursday... I didn't see it coming at all.

But one wonders why someone who at best had a mediocre TV/film career before The OC would suddenly decide to leave the hit show.

i haven't seen a single second of season 2 and i'm still not sure about who leaves but ... wasn't "the lead character" u are referring to only supposed to do a handful of shows?? (hmmmm ... makes me wonder if we are talking about the same person.  ::))