• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The OC
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 10:31 PM »
Whoa!

That was a surprise lead character departure last Thursday... I didn't see it coming at all.

Cheese! 100% Queso! This show is soooo bad it's good! Props to Mischa Barton, her performance in this episode and her primal scream during the season debut are priceless  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 11:16 PM »
Props to Mischa Barton, her performance in this episode and her primal scream during the season debut are priceless  ;D

Just wait till she goes lesbo in a few episodes...  8)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 09:22 PM »
Season Three started two weeks ago in the States.

For my thoughts, visit my blog.

(Sorry. Cheap plug.  ;D)
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2005 at 09:22 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #33 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 11:01 AM »
I hated Season 2 of The OC and all the new characters--they were annoying as hell. And the stupid plotlines didn't  help much either, like the one of Caleb's illegitimate daughter who just happened to be Ryan's new girlfriend--it's almost as ridiculous as the storylines of Alias. So I just stopped watching mid-season.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2006 at 05:57 PM »
Oh my God! They killed Marissa!

:o

"You bastards!"

;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007 at 02:45 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006 at 06:11 PM »
It's about time too! Hehe...

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 02:05 PM »
Finally tried watching this show when I found out that Chris Pratt would be in this season. As soon as Placebo's version of Kate Bush's Running Up the Hill was reverberating throughout the episode, I'm hooked. At least I wasn't able to endure Mischa Barton this time. The comic book summary was enough for me not to bother with the previous seasons... although the first season sounds interesting.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 05:10 PM »
Press release from Fox:

The sun will set for the last time on THE O.C. when the series ends its four-season run Thursday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The countdown has begun, with all-original episodes airing from Thursday, Jan. 4 through the last episode on Feb. 22.

"THE O.C. Season Four finale will also be the series finale. This feels like the best time to bring the show to its close,” said Josh Schwartz, creator and executive producer of THE O.C. “Thanks to the hard work of our cast, crew and writers, we have enjoyed our best season yet, and what better time to go out than creatively on top. It has been an amazing experience and a great run. For a certain audience, at a certain time, THE O.C. has meant something. For that we are grateful. There has been some speculation about a Season 5 on another network but this feels like the best time to bring the story to an end. I felt better to go out now with the run we're having then try and move the show, etc etc. and maybe not be able to deliver the same level of quality. Teen dramas have a shelf life. We've had a lot of parties on the show, and so I've learned, best not to stay too late.

The ending will be fun and bring real closure to the series."

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 07:22 PM »
Press release from Fox:

The sun will set for the last time on THE O.C. when the series ends its four-season run Thursday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The countdown has begun, with all-original episodes airing from Thursday, Jan. 4 through the last episode on Feb. 22.

"THE O.C. Season Four finale will also be the series finale. This feels like the best time to bring the show to its close,” said Josh Schwartz, creator and executive producer of THE O.C. “Thanks to the hard work of our cast, crew and writers, we have enjoyed our best season yet, and what better time to go out than creatively on top. It has been an amazing experience and a great run. For a certain audience, at a certain time, THE O.C. has meant something. For that we are grateful. There has been some speculation about a Season 5 on another network but this feels like the best time to bring the story to an end. I felt better to go out now with the run we're having then try and move the show, etc etc. and maybe not be able to deliver the same level of quality. Teen dramas have a shelf life. We've had a lot of parties on the show, and so I've learned, best not to stay too late.

The ending will be fun and bring real closure to the series."

Although ratings have been weak so far this year, the current season is the show's stongest since its first. Getting rid of Mischa Barton and adding Autumn Reeser is the biggest reason why.  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 08:12 PM »
This has definitely been a much better season than Seasons 2 and 3 combined. It's actually entertaining. I guess the ending on a "creative high" is somewhat true.

I wonder which of the "kids" will have a post-OC career... and now I'm off to watch Rachel Bilson in The Last Kiss...  ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #40 on: Jan 06, 2007 at 08:11 AM »
There is a chance that the OC may come back on air. Although Fox is cancelling the series, The CW Network has expressed interest in acquiring the show. Let's see how this will pan out.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 07, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
Looks like it's final, pre.

Alan Sepinwall reports "that here had been some speculation that creator Josh Schwartz -- who had two pilots picked up in the days before Fox canceled The O.C. -- might try to shop it elsewhere, but he won't."

"It felt better to go out now with the run we're having then try and move the show, etc., etc., and maybe not be able to deliver the same level of quality," he said. "Teen dramas have a shelf life. We've had a lot of parties on the show, and so I've learned, best not to stay too late."

The CW network recruited him, along with The O.C. collaborator Stephanie Savage, to develop a series based on a novel ata.

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Feb 25, 2007 at 02:20 PM »
It is officially over...

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Feb 25, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
It is officially over...

And it was a damn good send off too. This show managed to grow on me and I'm glad I never gave up on it. It's really good when you watch it drunk  ;D Farewell to The O.C., you bitch!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 16, 2007 at 06:46 AM »
SNL had a belated spoof of The OC last week: SNL Digital Short: Dear Sister

Check out the original clip from The OC: Dearly Beloved