Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Lost
« on: Sep 24, 2004 at 06:41 PM »
Taken from abc.com:

"From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, and Damon Lindelof (Crossing Jordan) comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.

Out of the blackness, the first thing Jack (Matthew Fox) senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had ? like Kate (Evangeline Lilly), who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. Hurley (Jorge Garcia) ? a man with a warm sense of humor despite the desperate situation ? does his best to keep his cool as he helps those around him to survive. Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) is a faded rock star who harbors a painful secret. Sayid (Naveen Andrews) is a Middle Eastern man who must wrestle with the racial profiling directed at him by some of his fellow survivors. Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) and Sun (Yunjin Kim) are a Korean couple whose traditions, values and language are foreign and thus causes much to get lost in the translation. Sawyer (Josh Holloway) has an air of danger surrounding him, and his intense sense of mistrust for everyone around him could prove to be fatal to his fellow castaways. Michael (Harold Perrineau) has just gained custody of his nine-year-old son, Walt (Malcolm David Kelley), after the death of his ex-wife ? they are a father and son who don't even know each other. Locke (Terry O'Quinn) is a mysterious man who keeps to himself, and who harbors a deeper connection to the island than any of the others. And self-centered Shannon (Maggie Grace) ? who actually gives herself a pedicure amid the chaos ? and her estranged controlling brother, Boone (Ian Somerhalder) ? constantly bicker and must learn to get along if they are to survive.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle, which fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn."

-------------

So that's why Season 3 of Alias was crap--Abrams was too busy working on this to concentrate on Alias. This show looks interesting, like a cross between Survivor, Gilligan's Island, and some say--Jurassic Park. Some actors are familiar to me here: Matthew Fox, who was in Party of Five; Dominic Monaghan, who was in The Lord of the Rings trilogy; Daniel Dae Kim, who was in Angel, and Terry O'Quinn, who was in Alias.

J.J. Abrams should be happy; the season premiere of Lost got 18.7 million viewers, the highest rating ever for a drama on ABC since 1995. Now get back to work on Alias, J.J., and try to salvage it from last season's crapfest...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005 at 09:50 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline xage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lost
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 12:39 AM »
So that's why Season 3 of Alias was crap--Abrams was too busy working on this to concentrate on Alias. This show looks interesting, like a cross between Survivor, Gilligan's Island, and some say--Jurassic Park. Some actors are familiar to me here: Matthew Fox, who was in Party of Five; Dominic Monaghan, who was in The Lord of the Rings trilogy; Daniel Dae Kim, who was in Angel, and Terry O'Quinn, who was in Alias.

J.J. Abrams should be happy; the season premiere of Lost got 18.7 million viewers, the highest rating ever for a drama on ABC since 1995. Now get back to work on Alias, J.J., and try to salvage it from last season's crapfest...

It seems you based your findings from the written article? havent you seen yet LOST?  On my end, I was just channel scanning that I stumbled upon it...  I saw a trailer which states coming up next "Series Premiere" Lost..

as I viewed it... Wow.. the whole hour I got hooked up and its pretty much a great start of fall viewing for me every Wednesday Night

I dont think its Jurrasic Park'esque as the creatures lurking seems to some sort of invisible....
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 07:01 PM »
It seems you based your findings from the written article? havent you seen yet LOST?  On my end, I was just channel scanning that I stumbled upon it...  I saw a trailer which states coming up next "Series Premiere" Lost..

as I viewed it... Wow.. the whole hour I got hooked up and its pretty much a great start of fall viewing for me every Wednesday Night

I dont think its Jurrasic Park'esque as the creatures lurking seems to some sort of invisible....

I don't quite know what you mean--I don't have any "findings" at all, I just grumbled about Alias and quoted already printed stuff about Lost from several sources on the Web, who stated it was kinda like Jurassic Park.
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2004 at 07:02 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 03:07 AM »
Well nice way to grumble about ALIAS... having the topic entitled LOST

Anyways, last night I saw the second episode of LOST , well the mystery develops and slowly plots for each survivors are resurfacing.

All I can, this series seems to be some sort of Bermuda Triangle Survivors add it up with a Predator-esque creatres...

American Viewer, you can have a chance to see the first 2 episodes this Satuday 2hrs special airing at 8 PM ( LA time )

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 10:27 AM »
Well nice way to grumble about ALIAS... having the topic entitled LOST

Sheesh...obviously you didn't understand what I posted, READ it again.

Lost was created by J.J. Abrams, the same guy who created Alias. While working on Lost, he didn't work that much on Season 3 of Alias, and as a result that became one of the worst seasons of the show, which annoyed many of Alias' fans.  Get it?  Being an Alias fan, I just mentioned it briefly and you took it out of context from this thread's topic, harping about it constantly.

Geez, why do I even bother...?  ::)
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2004 at 10:30 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2004 at 03:27 AM »
Geez, why do I even bother...?  ::)

I dont know on your end, however since Im watching lost.. might as well post some commenst about this highly rated ABC TV Series

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2004 at 01:22 AM »
It seems some mystery unfolds every week.. in the latest episode, it was shown that one of the survivors wasable to walk in the island (despite having a natural problem being handicap )

Creatures seen so far are a Polar Bear and a Wild Boar.. cant wait to see more twist...

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2004 at 09:10 AM »
Viewers of Lost in the US, if you miss the episode shown on Wednesday, try viewing the encore shown every Saturday Evening at 8pm, followed up by another abc TV hit (encore as well) Desperate Housewives

Offline downtown

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2004 at 10:03 PM »
Lost is a great show so is Desperate Housewives, its fun watching both shows, they are both not run of the mill tv series.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 11:43 PM »
I agree downtown, ABC bagged a winner for both series.

Last episode, provides yet another twist to the mystery of the Island and foretold another unravellig past from one of the survivors

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2004 at 06:16 AM »
My friends and I are actually watching to see if the producers are going to make the obese guy lose weight during the course of the show to make it more realistic.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 02:57 AM »
My friends and I are actually watching to see if the producers are going to make the obese guy lose weight during the course of the show to make it more realistic.

If you happen to catch up the episode two weeks ago, the weight of the obese guy was mentioned.. as its been weeks they were stranded in the island however his appearance did not changed

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2004 at 03:57 PM »
Good news for viewers in Manila:

=====

I finally caught up with this show. It's definitely one of the best programs currently on the air. And I'm not a J.J. Abrams fan. I never understood the appeal of Alias beyond Jennifer Garner. But this is nothing like Alias... except for Greg Grunberg, I guess.  ;D

Very absorbing, but the midseason cliffhanger is driving me nuts. It'll be hard to wait for the next new episode in January. The one aspect I didn't like about the show was The Island Monster, but fortunately they've shifted away from that subplot, for now. [END SPOILER]

Anyway, hope to see some action on this thread when the show finally debuts on AXN.  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2004 at 04:06 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2004 at 04:26 PM »
I finally caught up with this show. It's definitely one of the best programs currently on the air. And I'm not a J.J. Abrams fan. I never understood the appeal of Alias beyond Jennifer Garner.

You and me both, Mr. Hankey.

Always thought Alias sucked eggs major. But I've been  reading up on the buzz around Lost (aintitcool seems pretty jazzed by it) and I'm curious. Reminds me of an old old old  TV show called Fantastic Voyage. Wouldn't know how far the parallels play out but I'm  keen to find out. Only hope I can keep up with timeslots and all - - -a perennial weakness of mine that made me miss Carnivale  :( which is why I'm a major fan of DVD box sets.  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2004 at 08:03 PM »
Good news for viewers in Manila:

i have always been curious about this show... this is good news for those of us who don't have the benefit of a kicka$$ internet connection or live in the US.  ;)

Offline arbitrary

• Collector
  • i lurk a lot.
  • Liked:
Re: Lost: Coming Soon to AXN!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2005 at 01:56 PM »
This is great, it's coming to the Philippines. Now I can stop downloading the HDTV rips. :D

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2005 at 02:34 PM »
WOOOOOHHHH.....another reason to keep my cable subscription........

that and "CSI:NY"

Offline arbitrary

• Collector
  • i lurk a lot.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2005 at 04:03 PM »
that and "CSI:NY"

I don't like CSI: NY that much. There's a bit of NYPD Blue mixed in. (Heh.) I prefer NY's blue-grey color scheme to Miami's ORANGE one though. But Las Vegas is still the best. :)

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 2005 at 07:22 AM »
 ;D  Its near its Season Finale now...

and last Wednesday as I saw it.. the Mystery of the Unseen Monsters of the Island appeared again..

I loved the character Lock(the hunter,the crippled but mysteriously turned in a complete man after being a part of the survivors).. by far his part of the series' character storyline is the best!

Its near its season finale but so far the big fat guy character is not shedding any weight...  :-[

Offline HomecomingQueeR

• Apprentice
  • Schadenfreude!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2005 at 10:34 AM »
every episode is supposed to take place in one day so technically they haven't been on the island that long. besides, they've had food from the plane and stuff that locke has hunted. Its not so weird for him not to lose weight.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2005 at 06:18 PM »
Its near its season finale but so far the big fat guy character is not shedding any weight...

The entire first season only spans their first 40 days on the island, so that means they're about 3-4 weeks in, and fat guy just started complaining about lack of wild boar. So let's give him a few more weeks on just fish and see.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2005 at 06:26 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 01:08 AM »
The entire first season only spans their first 40 days on the island, so that means they're about 3-4 weeks in, and fat guy just started complaining about lack of wild boar. So let's give him a few more weeks on just fish and see.  ;D

its not 40 days.. they have been in the Island for near 8weeks now

Take note of Mr Obese actions from past episodes

1. Pile Up Junks fromt he Plane Crash
2. Help Assisted Doc moving some castaways to the Island's Waterfall
3. Building a "Golf" Course
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2005 at 01:25 AM by xage »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 01:15 AM »
every episode is supposed to take place in one day so technically they haven't been on the island that long. besides, they've had food from the plane and stuff that locke has hunted. Its not so weird for him not to lose weight.

I wouldnt be noticing the change if I havent watching every Wednesday(and I mean since it started and its replays on the month of December). And every Episode does not show the "supposed" daily life...

Locke has hunted? you sure... ever heard of Boars moving out to another place as the tension of predators(the castaways) themselves hunt them...

Anyways.. I just hope the series producers do know how to continue the protein loss of mr obese dude
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2005 at 01:26 AM by xage »

Offline HomecomingQueeR

• Apprentice
  • Schadenfreude!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 06:04 AM »
hookay, lemme get this straight. You're complaining about realism on a show that has people seeing ghosts, crippled people who suddenly start walking again mysteriously,  and an unseen  monster that randomly eats the crash survivors? riiiiiiiight.

Hey if you wanna see people stuck on an island and losing weight like they're supposed to, i'd like to recommend a show. You've probably heard of it, it's called "survivor" . ;)

Oh and check your facts, JJ Abrams and the writing crew have said on a number of interviews that all the action for the season will take place around 40 days or so and that the survivors will not be having problems with food. (heck that french woman on the transmission has been alive on the island for 16 years  so i assume she's eating something) SO don't expect weight loss from hurley or the rest of the buff bodied cast.

Besides, maybe hurleys not fat, he's just big boned. *cue southpark theme song* ;)

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2005 at 06:07 AM by HomecomingQueeR »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 09:48 PM »
its not 40 days.. they have been in the Island for near 8weeks now

Where did you even come up with that? Just last week, while talking to the Korean girl, Kate said "We've been on the island for over THREE weeks."

And as HQ said above, the fact that the first season only spans the first 40 days on the island is stated by the show's producers in almost every interview they give out:

We wondered what the time line was for the characters. How much time elapsed during each episode?

"The first season is the first 40 days on the island," (co-creator) Damon Lindelof replied.

Sources:

http://www.lost-tv.com/2004_09_01_archive.shtml

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/trivia

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/EpisodeGuideSummary/showid-24313/Lost/

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue386/screen.html
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2005 at 10:38 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2005 at 07:58 AM »
Premieres Thursday, March 17th, 9:00PM on AXN.

On-air teasers have started already.  8)

Offline arbitrary

• Collector
  • i lurk a lot.
  • Liked:
Re: Lost Season 1 DVD news
« Reply #26 on: Mar 11, 2005 at 01:39 PM »

We've already posted several bits of news that Lost - The Complete 1st Season was coming to DVD later this year, with a street date planned for Sept. 6th. Buena Vista has confirmed that this will be a 6-DVD set with a price of $59.99 SRP in the USA, and CAN$87.99 in Canada. Amazon.com (USA) already is pre-selling this for a mere $41.99 discounted price!

At least 5 hours worth of extras are supposed to be packed onto these discs, along with a couple dozen hour-long episodes, of course! Rumored to be among the supplements - Buena Vista hasn't made a final list available yet - are the following:

* The original pilot
    * Behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the show
    * Audio commentaries
    * Blooper reel
    * Roundtable discussions with cast and crew
    * A Matthew Fox photography featurette
    * Deleted scenes
    * Casting tapes
    * New, original "mini-movie" that reveals why the plane crashed

source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3078

Offline JdelaCruz

• Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Mar 16, 2005 at 11:44 PM »
Premiering 17 March 2005 Every Thursday 9pm (PHL/THA) 10pm (HK)
Repeat broadcasts on Friday @ 1am & 12noon (PHL/ THA) 2am & 1pm (HK)

I just cut-and-pasted that sched from the AXN website. Shouldn't PHL and HK be in the same time zone and THA in another? Anyways, that's the sked. No weekend runs. Darn.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: Lost: Tonight on AXN!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 17, 2005 at 12:29 AM »
Shouldn't PHL and HK be in the same time zone?

We're in the same time zone, but some time last year, AXN gave Hong Kong a separate feed and moved ALL its programming one hour AFTER it airs in the Philippines. I still don't know why.

Catch the show tonight!  :)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Lost: Tonight on AXN!
« Reply #29 on: Mar 17, 2005 at 11:48 AM »
We're in the same time zone, but some time last year, AXN gave Hong Kong a separate feed and moved ALL its programming one hour AFTER it airs in the Philippines. I still don't know why.

Maybe to edit out some parts of the shows? We all know their infamous cuts on various episodes of The Amazing Race>:(