Author Topic: Lost  (Read 36555 times)

Offline Lala789

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lost
« Reply #60 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 01:40 PM »
axn has started (will start?) a 5-ep marathon starting saturday afternoon. i liked the season-ender--got me begging for more (more answers)!!! rumors abound that the survivors from the tail will show up in season 2, despite the raft being burned, holloway will be back (to keep the girls watching, hehe)... i just hope the story doesn't drag on like x-files. i remember going crazy over x-files when it started... i sure hope we get to have some answers to the season 1 puzzles in season 2...

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #61 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 09:47 PM »
rumors abound that the survivors from the tail will show up in season 2,

Spoiler Alert...

Yup...there would be other survivors to be shown in the show in season 2.  These people came from the section near the tail.  One of those cast members would be michelle rodriguez who would be jack's new love interest if I'm not mistaken.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #62 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 10:14 PM »
Whoa..no kidding...the SWAT girl will be in Season 2....nice  ;)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #63 on: Jul 05, 2005 at 02:44 AM »
I just hope she doesn't portray a tough as nails Latina again... she's been typecast in this role... Fast and the Furious, Resident Evil, SWAT... she played three different roles with the same character...  ???

Somehow I am not so enthusiastic with her on the show... I hope I'm wrong...  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #64 on: Jul 05, 2005 at 03:25 PM »
I don't know. I really loved the first season despite the "season finale," but I really cannot see this show lasting for more than two successful seasons. Here's why: Either

A. They still never answer any of the mysteries of the island during season two, and the audience will get too annoyed and frustrated to continue watching; or

B. They do answer the mysteries of the island during season two, and without the hook that makes the show unique, the audience will get bored of watching a dramatic large-scale Gilligan's Island.

JJ Abrams' shows (Felicity, Alias) usually fall apart after the second season anyway, right?
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2005 at 05:52 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jul 05, 2005 at 04:47 PM »
JJ Abrams' shows (Felicity, Alias) usually fall apart after the second season anyway, right?

Come to think of it, I've noticed that nga with Alias.

Offline Lala789

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 01:36 PM »
I really cannot see this show lasting for more than two successful seasons... JJ Abrams' shows (Felicity, Alias) usually fall apart after the second season anyway, right?

am not a fan of these two... but i read (ET, i think) JJ planned for Lost to have 6 seasons... that's a bit difficult to sustain...

spoiler (not sure if this can be considered a spoiler, but just the same, i'm changing the font color in case you don't want to know who lives by the end of the season...) a new love interest for jack in season 2? i hope not, i like him with kate. unless of course the producers decide to kill her sometime in the 2nd season...

here's an interesting site giving a chronology of events before and after the plane crash. major spoilers on this site... http://lost.cubit.net/index.php
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2005 at 03:48 PM by Lala789 »

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #67 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 02:02 PM »
okay, now i'm officially er..lost.  has the season finale been shown on AXN already?  i miss one week and it was the season finale?  Waaahhhh!

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #68 on: Jul 15, 2005 at 12:52 PM »
okay, now i'm officially er..lost.  has the season finale been shown on AXN already?  i miss one week and it was the season finale?  Waaahhhh!

Not yet; around 5 more episodes to go (or 6 if you include the recap special, "The Journey")

Btw, Lost just got a lot of Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Supporting Actor noms for Naveen Andrews (Sayid) and Terry O'Quinn (Locke), Outstanding Director for J.J. Abrams, several Outstanding Writing nominations, and lots of Technical Awards nominations.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jul 15, 2005 at 02:05 PM »
Really dug last night's episode where they explored Hurley's back story. Now I get why he was being show on TV (in the background) in a previous episode. Also quite interesting to know that multi-millionaire Hurley owns the box company which Locke works for. It's now becoming obvious that the characters (at least the major ones) are somehow linked to each other.  ;D 

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Aug 09, 2005 at 01:50 AM »
Lost - Companion Book Coming In Sept. with Exclusive DVD!
Posted by David Lambert
 8/08/2005

"One of our readers, who only identified himself as "Michael", tipped us off overnight to a really cool-looking item that is up for pre-order at Amazon.com. It is a Book, The Lost Chronicles : The Official Companion Book. 176 pages long, it ships on September 28th from Hyperion Books. The description bills this item as "filled with a detailed episode guide and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the show, the fully illustrated book offers plot twists and backstories that will help fans uncover the mysteries of Lost. Also included are reflections and anecdotes from cast members, writers, and executive producer/creator J. J. Abram that readers won't find anywhere else."

So why are we talking about this here at TVShowsOnDVD? Because this trade paperback book also "comes with an exclusive hour-long DVD containing unaired scenes from the show"! With the use of the word "exclusive", it sounds like these scenes will not necessarily be among those included on the season set's extras. If so, then it seems like this might be something that will be a must-have item to accompany the 9/6 release of Lost - The Complete 1st Season. Amazon's cost for the book is $12.89 (the SRP is $18.95). Thanks, Michael, for letting us know about this. Here's the cover art:"

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3867

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 09, 2005 at 08:02 AM »
an American visitor to our office recently lent me his Lost dvds he recorded in the US... I was so shocked to learn that the episodes shown in AXN were edited by several minutes...  :P :P

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Aug 12, 2005 at 01:42 PM »
^^ That's nothing new anymore; I don't know what AXN's problem is, and it's really irritating. They also do this for episodes of The Amazing Race, and Lord knows what else.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Aug 12, 2005 at 10:18 PM »
yeah... considering some of the scenes they cut are essential to the story...

example: In the episode with more of Sayid's back story, they edited out the scene where the FBI recruits him to infiltrate the terrorist cell in Australia... he refused but they threatened to jail a female friend of his (I think this is the woman in the photo he carries around but I thought she was dead)... if he agreed, they would tell him the wereabouts of the woman...

In AXN, they only showed him at the mosque contacting his friend already who was a member of the cell he was to infiltrate...  :P

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Aug 12, 2005 at 10:47 PM »
yeah... considering some of the scenes they cut are essential to the story...

example: In the episode with more of Sayid's back story, they edited out the scene where the FBI recruits him to infiltrate the terrorist cell in Australia... he refused but they threatened to jail a female friend of his (I think this is the woman in the photo he carries around but I thought she was dead)... if he agreed, they would tell him the wereabouts of the woman...

In AXN, they only showed him at the mosque contacting his friend already who was a member of the cell he was to infiltrate...  :P

What?? whoa.. thats interesting...

[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Aug 19, 2005 at 09:52 AM »
Good episode last night.  Very touching scenes when the raft was about to sail.  Glad that the Korean couple made up.

For those Michelle Rodriguez fans.....

she made her first appearance last night flirting with Jack in the airport bar. She wasseated nga near the tail of the plane seat 42F to be exact.

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 12:59 PM »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 01:05 PM »
deymmm.. I'm left puzzled again.. on the 2nd season premiere of LOST  >:(

Im not so sure.. but the guy in the hatch is Desmond ( The one that Jack met during a jogging routine along the bleachers of a stadium), Irish? or an Australian? doctor...

Offline MiniCooper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 11:58 PM »
deymmm.. I'm left puzzled again.. on the 2nd season premiere of LOST  >:(

Im not so sure.. but the guy in the hatch is Desmond ( The one that Jack met during a jogging routine along the bleachers of a stadium), Irish? or an Australian? doctor...

isn't intriguing?  you're right it's Desmond and I think he sounds Australian to me.

Offline arbitrary

• Collector
  • i lurk a lot.
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 02:57 AM »
That was a brilliant opening scene.

I agree with MiniCooper, it's Desmond in the hatch, and he sounds Australian.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #80 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 10:47 AM »
Did you guys notice that the "Quarantine" sign was on the inside of the hatch?

Doesn't that mean that the contents of the hatch were the ones being protected from the island? A warning to those inside not to go out.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 01:08 PM »
Did you guys notice that the "Quarantine" sign was on the inside of the hatch?

Doesn't that mean that the contents of the hatch were the ones being protected from the island? A warning to those inside not to go out.

but it seems that the only one inside was Desmond. Just a hunch, I think the reason why "the others" were looking for a kid is maybe.. maybe a solution to a plague or something?

Wheew... 2nd episode of Season 2 still left me a lot of ?????????? it started were season1 left off and it revolves in the middle timeline of episode 1 of Season2

Michelle Rodriguez is slated to show up next week ... :o

and maybe "the Others" ???

« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2005 at 08:59 AM by xage »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 12:26 PM »
major spoilers for Lost (season 2, episode 6):

Shannon dies, accidentally killed by Michelle Rodriguez's character. :'(

noooooooo!
why couldn't it have been the hobbit? 
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2005 at 12:28 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline pietro

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Nov 19, 2005 at 09:43 AM »
yep, just as i was getting to like her character. was kinda suprised because the episode was doing a good job of building up her character, and then that happens in the end. tsk, tsk.

i agree, it should have been the hobbit.  :-*

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #84 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 12:05 AM »
any idea when Season  2 will start showing on AXN?

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 10:48 AM »
any idea when Season  2 will start showing on AXN?

Next year, most probably sometime in February, which is also the time they air the new season of CSI.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2005 at 03:55 PM by Phobos »

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 27, 2006 at 12:29 PM »
Finally got on the LOST bandwagon thanks to the Season 1 Box Set. I love it! It's a mix of X-Files and Survivor. How the hell did JJ Abrams come up with a show like this? And how did he convince the networks to make it? Galeng.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 27, 2006 at 02:13 PM »
mukhang matagal pa Season 2 on AXN.. they just started Season 1 again...

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 01:38 AM »
I saw studio 23's new commercial for new seasons this year. And Lost is one of them!!
I've watched the second season pero until ep.9 lang! Super bitin! Have to see the next one soon!