Author Topic: Official Aurum Cantus Thread  (Read 123060 times)

Offline sillyputty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Official Aurum Cantus Thread
« Reply #60 on: Dec 18, 2004 at 09:01 PM »
oo nga....pag ito gagamitin mo e feeling ko hi-end receiver o separate poweramp ang kailangan para masulit ng husto.  ;D

Offline Adam Warlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Dec 19, 2004 at 08:32 AM »
Sirs,

Don't worry about the rated impedance, these are sensitive and stable speakers. You have to try and listen to these wonders ;D

To erase all your worries, you can bring your receivers when you audition ;D

These will kick the butt of many entry level and mid-level speakers. ;) For those who are starting in audio and have a limited budget, you owe it to yourself to audition these speakers. 8) IMHO they're very good for audio. :D

Cheers

Offline kenchix1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Newbie since 2002
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2005 at 11:45 AM »
Ang galing nga!  For a little less than P20K may 5 speaker system ka na for HT.  And that's with floorstanders pa as fronts.  Only problem I see is the 4 ohm impedance of the speakers.  Kung naging 6 or 8 lang sana, may magiging matinding kalaban na ang wharfs as best budget speaker :)

I heard these speakers 2 days ago and if I may say,  the quality of the sound of the floorstander is not comparable to wharfs, but with Mission M30 series. With the price of these speakers, you'll be amaze with the sound of it. Specially the SV series which is comparable to Mission V60 series in my opinion. I like the real wood enclosure of SV series and most specially the ribbon tweeters. Really awesome speakers in my opinion.

BTW, I replaced my M7C2 with Aurum Cantus center speaker. ;)

Aurum Cantus SV series against my 4 days old B&W602 ? I still can't comment, haven't fully broken in my 602.

Ribbon tweeters against silk dome tweeters ? I go with the ribbon tweeters when it comes to highs. ;)

it's just me, my ears and my opinion. ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2005 at 11:47 AM by kenchix1 »

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jan 16, 2005 at 09:07 AM »
Thanks for the nice comment kenchix1, how is your F5000C performing? Real value for money, its the real deal you know  ;D What are the comments of your friends who auditioned with you last weds and fri?

Aurum Cantus SV series against my 4 days old B&W602 ? I still can't comment, haven't fully broken in my 602.

The SV's running time when you heard it was less than 20hrs ;D and I'm willing to give you the brand new sealed SV with staples still intact so you can A/B it with the 602  >:D ;D

Only problem I see is the 4 ohm impedance of the speakers.  Kung naging 6 or 8 lang sana, may magiging matinding kalaban na ang wharfs as best budget speaker

For those reading this thread and worries about the specs >:D an audiophile from Clark, Pampanga visited the store around 1PM last Friday with his home brewed 6watter SET power amp and preamp (made by Mang Rod). He could'nt believe that it can drive the F6600 with ease. At 9 o clock the speakers can sing. He even asked me, quote " Are you sure this speaker is 4 Ohms, how come it can be driven with ease by a 6 watter" ;D (odyopayl can vouch for this). He also auditioned the 2SV and 3SE. He left around 7:00PM  ;D

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2005 at 09:16 AM by crisel »

Offline AudioAmp

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 08:45 AM »
Thanks guys for auditioning and writing about our speakers.  I have clarified the 4 ohms rating before we imported this from the supplier and he guaranteed that the lower ohms will not affect performance.  In fact he said that for floor standers it would be maximized if we use 4 ohms.  Being a non-technical guy i would let my ears do the judging and so far i have heard our floor standers sing using 12 watter EL-84 integrated and 8 watter SET integrated.

Please drop in anytime and lend us your ears???  ;D

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 01:17 PM »
For those reading this thread and worries about the specs >:D an audiophile from Clark, Pampanga visited the store around 1PM last Friday with his home brewed 6watter SET power amp and preamp (made by Mang Rod). He could'nt believe that it can drive the F6600 with ease. At 9 o clock the speakers can sing. He even asked me, quote " Are you sure this speaker is 4 Ohms, how come it can be driven with ease by a 6 watter" ;D (odyopayl can vouch for this). He also auditioned the 2SV and 3SE. He left around 7:00PM ;D

After reading this post, me too amazed with the Specs. 4 OHMS? (honestly i though it's an 8 ohm)I've heard this speakers really sing! This is a budget "Audiophile" speaker. I had auditioned 9 series Wharfedale speaker this is no match with this (forgive me, no offence to Wharf users).
At volume below normal listening level, the bass is dept and with authority, The mids is clear and a bit laid back and oh my a very precise high!
If you want to hear this speaker better hear it yourself, my definition is an elegant (audiophile grade) sounding speakers.

odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 07:56 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up odyopayl  ;D

Offline [email protected]

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Feb 20, 2005 at 12:51 PM »
I recently accompanied my dad who is currently shopping for gear with the objective of building a budget sound system. And, our last stop in the audio chain was to get a pair of speakers.

We listened to different models/brands within the 40k region and ended up spending a lot of time with the Aurum Cantus Leisure 3SE. Overall, the Leisure 3SE exhibited a different sound character and experience compared to dome-based tweeter systems. The sound was completely devoid of sharpness, high frequency artifacts and artificial treble extension that one normally hears in conventional dome tweeter designs. With the ribbons, you hear every note followed by silence, then a note, then silence… But, you know that the ribbons are capable of delivering the highs when needed by the program material. We heard a lot of detail in both the mid-range and high frequency section that we haven’t heard in other speakers in its price point (or maybe even 2 to 3x its price). Malinis at detalyado tumunog. Technically, we think it's because the ribbons have the ability to deliver up to 40khz and mechancally, the ribbons just move more air that's why it has more resolution at mid-high frequencies. On the bottom end, bass is articulate with excellent bass extension in spite that the unit has not been 100% broken in yet.

So how good are the 3SE when I listened to music?  Well, what I can say is that the acoustic guitar sounds close to the real thing. I know because I play the guitar. The vocals are also close to the sound I hear when I watch live band sessions and when we do sound checks during concert events. Of course it will not generate the sound pressure levels of a live band (that’s why I watch concerts) but the sound quality of the voice reproduced is close to it. I know you might want to hear more but that’s how far my listening preference and reference takes me.

On another note, we also auditioned the very affordable PHP5k Aurum Cantus F-Series bookshelf speakers which also impressed us in its overall sound reproduction. We really think that it’s the best value for money--also after listening to a lot of bookshelf speakers in its price range--that’s why we ended up bringing home a pair :)

As for the Leisure 3SE, my dad vowed that this is on top of his to do list and will definitely get a pair for keeps. He also liked the Moon Goddess II but is not yet prepared to invest that much again in an audio system.

Again, looking for the right speakers is a tedious process which entails going from shop to shop and scheduling listening sessions. But then, this is a worthwhile exercise if we want to make sure that we make the most out of our limited budget. So, if you’re shopping for speakers in this price range, we strongly recommend that you give the Aurum Cantus Leisure 3SE a listen before you make your final purchase decision or else you might end up having the worst case of "buyers remorse".
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2005 at 08:58 AM by emv »

Offline cybermms

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Aurum Cantus and Cayin are now available in Cavite
« Reply #68 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 01:36 PM »
We are pleased to be appointed as the authorized/exclusive dealer of Aurum Cantus and Cayin in Cavite.

Please check us out at:

CYBER MACH's HI-FI & PRO-AUDIO
                      MEDS Bldg., Medicion 1A
                      Imus, Cavite
                      Tel/fax - (046)4713651
                      Mobile - 0917-5519625

Available for audition (A vs. B) - Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 SV vs. Mission V61 vs. Triangle Titus 202.

cyber
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2005 at 01:39 PM by cybermms »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #69 on: Mar 18, 2005 at 10:09 AM »
We listened to different models/brands within the 40k region and ended up spending a lot of time with the Aurum Cantus Leisure 3SE

sir totoo ba ito? leisure 3 se in the 40k range?

Offline [email protected]

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Mar 18, 2005 at 04:23 PM »
sir totoo ba ito? leisure 3 se in the 40k range?

yes. i'm also surprised because it retails for  £1,200.00 in europe. a real bargain in audio.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #71 on: Mar 18, 2005 at 04:25 PM »
yes. i'm also surprised because it retails for  £1,200.00 in europe. a real bargain in audio.

susmaryosep :o :o :o meron ba si sir cyber nito? 40/7? >:D

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2005 at 05:17 PM »
hi,

Meron na pa owner ng F-series? musta po sya compared to Wharf D9??? 

Newbie here ...will buy speakers soon....thanks!!!

Offline Gubs

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2005 at 10:56 PM »
@Maestro ygpm,

Tanong lang po sa Audio Amplified. When will you guys if ever, bring in the f6000 8ohm bookshelf?The larger version of the f5000R with 6.5 inch midrange driver.
I saw this model on Kelsie Audio & video Designs site and some Australian ebay type site.
Im more than satisfied with the very good sounding yet affordable f5000r, this will surely  be better.
Ty in advance
Bug/Gubs

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2005 at 11:54 AM »
@Maestro ygpm,

Tanong lang po sa Audio Amplified. When will you guys if ever, bring in the f6000 8ohm bookshelf?The larger version of the f5000R with 6.5 inch midrange driver.
I saw this model on Kelsie Audio & video Designs site and some Australian ebay type site.
Im more than satisfied with the very good sounding yet affordable f5000r, this will surely  be better.
Ty in advance
Bug/Gubs

Bug, We can bring an 8ohm F6600/F5508 and F5000C, problem is aurum needs a big volume to modified the 4ohms cross-over to 8ohms.

FYI Kelsie is doing their own modifications without aurum approval. Medyo galit nga aurum eh  ;D ;D ;D

You can bring your receiver at our shop and I assure you that your receiver can drive the F6600.

Cheers

Offline Gubs

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2005 at 08:39 PM »
Ty for the reply,
Just wondering if my Marantz sr4500 can drive an all 4 ohm front load.Our friend who got the f5508 , f5000c and f5000r from you uses the same reciever and his rears sound weak.Maybe he just did not calibrate for distance etc.
Anyway I saw in one european site the marantz 4500 put out more than  100 plus real  watts @ 4ohms with 5 channels driven.This will surely tax its power supply maybe thats why his rears  sound weak,even with just 3 4 ohm loads.
Anyway will test to see whats wrong cause I am thingking of getting your f6600 floorstanders to go with my f5000c and will put the f5000r to the rear.Ty
Gubs
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005 at 11:17 PM by Gubs »

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2005 at 10:50 PM »
ako din sir...interested with the same speakers na gusto ni Gubs.... using also the same receiver..... di kaya mag-overheat?

Thanks!

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2005 at 11:55 AM »
Meastro,

Marantz receiver usually runs hot, stable 4 ohms at 90dB IMHO it will not overheat. A client with 4500 bought a set of speaker so far he's very happy with it.

Bug,

I think its not properly calibrated, that's why the surround is weak. Try to test tone na lang.  ;D

Cheers

Offline Gubs

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2005 at 02:15 PM »
Ty again will test.

Offline Maestro

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2005 at 09:39 AM »
Thanks Bro!... Aurum Cantus is definitely in my shopping list.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #80 on: Jun 23, 2005 at 07:46 AM »
Maestro's -- whats the general characteristics of this speaker?  will this tame a bright amp? -- to those using 8ohms amp / receiver how far can u go before the amp clips, or goes off? -- tnx  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 luxury edition MKII
« Reply #81 on: Jul 06, 2005 at 04:34 AM »
Hi, are you carrying this model? thanks!

This model is diff. from the se, you can see that the tweeter and woofer is diff.

Leisure 2 luxury edition MKII

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2005 at 04:37 AM by john5479 »

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 luxury edition MKII
« Reply #82 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 01:13 PM »
Hi, are you carrying this model? thanks!

This model is diff. from the se, you can see that the tweeter and woofer is diff.

Leisure 2 luxury edition MKII

Sorry, Aurum Cantus did not manufatured this model.

Cheers

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 10:53 PM »
thanks!

Offline bebot santos

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • Lutheran Rules!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 12:44 PM »
i have a pair of cantus too but pang sorround lng sha, nde ko pa nagagamit mashado dami ko ng sorrounds e, break-in pa lng but nd epa tapos. Kailangang mai-dispose na to. bago maluma.. hehehhe maganda ba itong sorrounds kaysa sa yamaha nsp-060?

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jul 16, 2005 at 08:53 PM »
i have a pair of cantus too but pang sorround lng sha, nde ko pa nagagamit mashado dami ko ng sorrounds e, break-in pa lng but nd epa tapos. Kailangang mai-dispose na to. bago maluma.. hehehhe maganda ba itong sorrounds kaysa sa yamaha nsp-060?

what model of cantus do you use as your surrounds?

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 02:06 PM »
 You can use F5000 for Surrounds and Fronts ;D

Cheers

Offline shotgun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #87 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 03:32 PM »
Does the F series come in black? Pls PM the places I can audition them. Thanks!
+63917-8261578

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 05:15 PM »
Next shipment is Black ;D

Offline acquin

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 09:00 PM »
Just got a pair of Aurum 2SV paired with NADC320 BEE. It was one of the best audio ivvestments I made. Deep bass, good separation of instruments.

I began to hear instruments in my favorite songs  w/c I did'nt know existed.

You truly get your money's worth.