Author Topic: PINOY BLONDE  (Read 19399 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PINOY BLONDE
« Reply #30 on: Jun 18, 2005 at 06:05 PM »
The soundtrack is pinoy na pinoy.......i'll try to post the tracks later.

8)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jun 30, 2005 at 05:28 PM »
Its showing on July 13. Posters are up on Sm Cinemas already.  8)

Offline scubaotaku

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 01, 2005 at 09:06 AM »
Please watch Pinoy/Blonde which opens next week, July 13. We really want it to have a big opening day, so please promote it to your relatives, friends, etc. ASTIG tong film na to!

Other info:

PINOY/BLONDE: The OST Concert

July 1, 8PM

The Podium Front Driveway

FEATURING:

Radioactive Sago Project

Sugarfree

Imago

Kjwan

Kapatid

Mayonnaise

Twisted Halo

Hellbender

Pinwheel

ADMISSION IS ABSOLUTELY FREE

If you happen to be in CEBU on July 2, we'll be at KAONA with Radioactive Sago Project, Urbandub and other Cebu bands then.

If you happen to be in DAVAO on July 8, we'll be at MATINA TOWN SQUARE with Sugarfree, Twisted Halo, Nuncy Spungn and other Davao bands then.

ASTIG NA MOVIE (opens July 13)

ASTIG NA SOUNDTRACK (available at Tower Records feat. abovementioned bands as well as Bamboo, Urbandub, Makatha, Malaya, and The Brockas)

ASTIG NA CONCERT(s)

** if anybody wants collectible Pinoy/Blonde postcards and bookmarks, PM me. :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jul 01, 2005 at 10:15 AM »
Scubaotaku any sked on the preem?  :)

Offline scubaotaku

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 02, 2005 at 05:01 AM »
check your pm keating.  :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jul 02, 2005 at 12:49 PM »
check your pm keating.  :)

Got it scubaotaku. Sayang! Last night pala preem. I want  to see sana Peque Gallaga for the 2nd time around. Saw him already during the 20th anniversary of Oro three years ago. I would like to meet  him and sign my vhs tapes of his films. He-he-he fan mentality.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2005 at 02:28 PM by keating »

Offline scubaotaku

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 03, 2005 at 12:37 AM »
Yeah the preem was held last friday in Podium. Two screenings actually. Sorry I wasnt able to post about it here, sobrang busy kasi.  :)

Met Peque Gallaga several times and like you, I want to have some stuff signed by him but he always seems so busy. I always see him doing something, talking to somebody etc. Hiya ako lumapit.  :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 03, 2005 at 12:02 PM »
Maybe some of your friends and colleagues can back up dude. He seems so snobbish very different from being a  fellow Illonggo like me.  ;D

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #38 on: Jul 03, 2005 at 12:17 PM »
Well...I hear he's a bit crazy (which I like in a filmmaker). I also hear he isn't afraid of anything (which is essential in a filmmaker), so if he wanted you to back off, he'd have taken his cane and hacked a new pathway through you.  ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 03, 2005 at 12:43 PM »
I just noticed that genius people are eccentric count Mike de Leon, Ishmael Bernal & Peque Gallaga.

Are you one of them, Noel? I know you're a genius, man!

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 01:57 AM »
I don't know.

Throw in O'Hara. He's even more of a hermit than de Leon. At least de Leon will go and publicize his films.

And de Leon has a cellphone. And a computer. I'm surprised O'Hara can drive a car.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2005 at 02:00 AM by Noel_Vera »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 11:53 AM »
Gallaga made one comedy film aside from PINOY BLONDE, his humor is somewhat strange.

What about O'Hara, Noel? I'm surprised to know that he's a hermit when it comes to the current trend today.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2005 at 11:59 AM by keating »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 12:25 PM »
Gallaga did one comedy, but I didn't find it all that funny. Actually, I don't find Mike de Leon's out and out comedy all that funny either--think he's better at low key satire.

Oh, O'Hara's a hermit, all right. Doesn't even have a phone.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 04:42 PM »
De Leon, O'Hara & Gallaga can make one hell of a musical. De Leon successfully did it with a scene from KAKABAKABA KA BA.

And oh, O'Hara has no comedy on his filmography?

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 05, 2005 at 12:54 AM »
Tatlong Ina, Isang Anak. Nora, Celeste Legaspi and I don't remember the third adopt and take care of Matet. Not that funny, but the street scenes are well done, dark and gritty (he's more on dark and gritty).

Offline Astroantiquity

• Collector
  • "Get Off the Internet!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jul 05, 2005 at 01:18 AM »
Gallaga made one comedy film aside from PINOY BLONDE, his humor is somewhat strange.

What about O'Hara, Noel? I'm surprised to know that he's a hermit when it comes to the current trend today.

Comedy na ginawa ni Peque?  Hindi ba ito iyong Pretty Baby with Anna Larrucea and some nondescript guy?
There's nothing gratuitous about my films. --Dario Argento

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 05, 2005 at 01:00 PM »
Comedy na ginawa ni Peque?  Hindi ba ito iyong Pretty Baby with Anna Larrucea and some nondescript guy?

It's BAD BANANAS SA PUTING TABING also written by Joey Reyes after their epic classic Oro, Plata, Mata.

Astro that's BABY LOVE and it has some touch of comedy aside from being a love story.
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2005 at 01:02 PM by keating »

Offline llanesmark777

• DVD Addict
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jul 09, 2005 at 03:29 PM »

Malapit na!!!

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jul 09, 2005 at 06:03 PM »

Malapit na!!!

yup.......opens on July 13!

8)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 12, 2005 at 12:16 PM »
The movie will have another preem tonight at Sm Megamall, 6:30 pm. Thanks to RMN for the info.  :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 07:01 AM »
Many thanks to RMN & Joven for the VIP pass Press screening last night of PINOY BLONDE at Sm Megamall. It was a fantastic viewing experience with the cast and crew led by Mr. Peque Gallaga, Lore Reyes, Epi Quizon, Tessie Tomas, Mark Gil, Cherie Gil.

Spoilers alert!

As the poster tagline says, "its not your typical Filipino film" and I couldn't agree more. But the plot is so simple and straight forward. Two aspiring filmmakers (Epi and Boy 2 Quizon) who argue on who's the greatest film director between Brocka & Bernal summoned by their dying uncle (Mark Gil) to deliver a package. What ensued was an adventure that they will never forget as they embark on their dream film project.

The rapport of the two leads are amazing, Epi delivers his best performance yet in a comedy role. Technically well-polished, the script is so d a m n good. It's Gallaga's homage to Philippine Cinema with lots of insinuations to other movies, name it from Tarantino, John Woo and French cinema, no doubt his love for his craft is clearly visible. The use of split-shots and stunning cinematography add more vibrant and life to the movie, matched with hyper-kinetic and rockin' soundtrack. The movie is full of energy, highly interactive visuals which will delight every audience especially if you are keen on every aspect of movies.

Like, like the anime and I was suprised to know that he could deliver a pop culture sponge movie. The duet of Eddie Garcia & Jaime Fabregas was hilarious, spontaneous laughter was heard inside the cinema. Same with the dialogues of Ricky Davao.

Here's hoping that the movie will get an audience when it opens today.  8)
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2005 at 12:42 PM by keating »

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 08:40 AM »
naku ayan na comments ni keating... hehehe. swerte mo kolokoy! ;). will probably watch it next week paglabas sa local theaters.
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 11:21 AM »
It was nice to see Cherie Gil again in person looking lovely and beautiful throughout the years, no changes, fine actress also.

Offline scubaotaku

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 12:06 PM »
Keating, were you able to attend the forum yesterday in UP? Peque Gallaga and the Quizon bros were there to discuss their thoughts on the film industry and of course, Pinoy/Blonde.  :)  I especially loved his thoughts on piracy.  ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 12:46 PM »
Keating, were you able to attend the forum yesterday in UP? Peque Gallaga and the Quizon bros were there to discuss their thoughts on the film industry and of course, Pinoy/Blonde.  :)  I especially loved his thoughts on piracy.  ;D

Nope scubaotaku. Sayang nga eh, Peque Gallaga is so visible nowadays, I'm glad he was approachable last night, he was mobbed by the audience outside the cinema after the movie. Yeah I know what he thinks about the Western piracy and I agree also about that.  ;)

Did you attend the preem last night? It was jampacked and the younger generation was able to relate to the movie.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2005 at 12:58 PM by keating »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 01:33 PM »
It was nice to see Cherie Gil again in person looking lovely and beautiful throughout the years, no changes, fine actress also.

Cherie's very sweet; remember talking to her, and mentioning that Joey Reyes film she appeared in (can't remember the title--figures). She seemed flattered I love her work so much.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #56 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 01:47 PM »
What is Gallaga's opinion on piracy?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 06:32 PM »
Cherie's very sweet; remember talking to her, and mentioning that Joey Reyes film she appeared in (can't remember the title--figures). She seemed flattered I love her work so much.

Its SUGATANG PUSO the Joey Reyes flick wherein you could actually smell her performance brewing on the screen. Very brief but remarkable role!

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 08:16 PM »
Jaime Fabregas is such a great actor, i adore him. Hows he in this movie?  :)

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 10:05 PM »

Pinoy Blonde - Peque Gallage

Upon watching legendary Filipino director Peque Gallaga's latest film Pinoy Blonde, I was quickly reminded of Mamoru Oshii's live action feature film Talking Head. In Talking Head, Oshii explores the process of filmmaking through a plot which involves a filmmaker trying to finish his film inside a mysterious film studio inhabited by an otherworldly crew who are murdered one by one. Pinoy Blonde on the other hand involves two cousins whose dream is to finally make their first feature film. They are ordered by their rich dying uncle to deliver a mysterious paper bag to an abandoned hotel building where they are supposed to exchange it for another mysterious bag. However, inside, they witness the cruelest of the denizens of Manila's underbellies. Pinoy Blonde doesn't concentrate on the meager plot since it's more interested in it's two major characters, who are more concerned on who is the greatest Filipino filmmaker than the impending events that are already happening in front of them. Conrad Cunanan (Epy Quizon) is the grand defender of Lino Brocka, and like his idol, he dwells in drama and romance, mostly concerned with his sexual exploits and the eventual repercussions of such. Andrew Cunanan (Boy2 Quizon), on the other hand loves the more cerebral director Ishmael Bernal and considers him the greatest Filipino director. Despite their obvious differences, they are similar in plenty of things, such as their dreadlocked hairdo, and their geeky love for cinema to the point that their conversations are mostly composed of quotations from popular films. Pinoy Blonde feels like a hodgepodge of different styles and it is almost impossible to tell that Gallaga directed the film, as it feels fresher than anything produced by the budding Philippine independent film community. The film makes use of its stylistic excesses to great effect - the split screens, the animated sequences, the CGI, even the slow motion scenes are not there for show. Remember, the film in its entirety represents the mentality of the Philippine youth - also a hodgepodge of different influences. The film is fun in its shallowest sense and even upon closer inspection. The film geek would wet his pants discerning the different quotes and the different directorial styles Gallaga is borrowing from. The more discerning film viewer would enjoy the film as an accurate reflection on today's youth with a plot that somehow scratches to a certain degree an inspection of the society (with its crimes, corruption, and immorality) that the youth are living in, something Oshii's film lacks. *****/*****