Author Topic: How to burn original dvds  (Read 35765 times)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: How to burn original dvds
« Reply #30 on: Sep 05, 2005 at 05:28 PM »
Is there a freeware that can split a DVD-9 to fit into two DVD-5s so that the back-up will be the same in most aspects to the original?
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2005 at 05:29 PM by Quitacet »

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 08:23 AM »
DVD-FAB and DVDXCopy sadly both are on sale at around $60-$80, and if the master copy had been encrypted with multiple angle capability much like the Star Wars  and Terminator 2, you'll get defective copies, and will be better off with the DVDdecrypter/DVDShrink combo. ;)

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 09:32 AM »
Thanks very much, Doc Alfie. I think I'll use DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter na lang, mahal yung DVDFab e. :)

BTW, pwede ba sa DVDShrink na alisin yung mga unwanted and unneeded features of the DVD like foreign language subs, at ibang special features for a better bitrate when it shrinks?

I saw the tutorial at ang nakita ko dubs pwede alisin, I don't know about the other features.

TIA!  :D
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2005 at 09:37 AM by Quitacet »

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #33 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 10:56 AM »
Try also using Nero Recode in splitting a DVD9 into 2 DVD5's. 

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 07:38 AM »

BTW, pwede ba sa DVDShrink na alisin yung mga unwanted and unneeded features of the DVD like foreign language subs, at ibang special features for a better bitrate when it shrinks?

TIA!  :D

Click Reauthor, you can get the movie sans menu. Bitrate is retained as that of the original. ;)

Offline watson's box

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: Apr 16, 2006 at 12:08 AM »
any one tried making a backup copy of a ps2 dvd? i was thinking of making one for my games but does it also have copy protection?

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 16, 2006 at 05:08 AM »
I tried making back up with my ps2 games..alcohol 120 is the solution.

peace!!!

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 16, 2006 at 09:14 AM »
DVDdecrypter pa rin sa PS2 games, but instead of of the ISO file, you'll burn the MDF files, don't worry you wont make a mistake, it'll be the one with the data.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2006 at 08:03 AM by Alfie »

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 04:52 PM »
DVDdecrypter pa rin sa PS2 games, but instead of of the ISO file, you'll burn the MDF ?? files, don't worry you wont make a mistake, it'll be the one with the data.

Doc Alfie,

I noticed nga na mayroong isang file pa when I use DVDDecrypter even for movie DVDs. It;s just a few KBs in size.  I don't know what this file is for. I just burn the .ISO file. Why is it that for PS2 DVDs the .ISO file would not be burned?

I'm sorry I'm just curious and wanting to add something to my still limited knowledge of technology!

Thanks very much!

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 18, 2006 at 07:53 AM »
It'll depend on what you decrypted, if it's data files such as PS2 games the (mirror)MDF will be the ones with data, unlike DVD movies, you'll be copying the exact Image Files, hence, the ISO.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2006 at 08:04 AM by Alfie »

Offline pupoy11

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Apr 22, 2006 at 09:11 AM »
Guys need your help. I cut and paste my DVD's to an external hardisk. How do I  make and burn a DVD copy using the the cut and pasted version? I am using the latest Lite-On DVD writer and it works fine for audio cds but it has trouble reading the blank ion-mega DVD I use??? Is there a compatibility problem with my DVD coz the shop told me the writer I bought could read and burn a + and - dvd. Or is ther a config problem with the Nero I am using? Thanks guys will greatly appreciate your suggestions.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 01:30 PM »
Guys need your help. I cut and paste my DVD's to an external hardisk. How do I  make and burn a DVD copy using the the cut and pasted version?

Kindly clarify, what you mean by "cut and paste", since if you did this, we will presume that you "cut and paste" data, for what we are commonly aware of is that "original DVD movies" should be decrypted initally and later converted into an ISO image prior to being copied. Do shed us more light on this.

I am using the latest Lite-On DVD writer and it works fine for audio cds but it has trouble reading the blank ion-mega DVD I use??? Is there a compatibility problem with my DVD coz the shop told me the writer I bought could read and burn a + and - dvd. Or is ther a config problem with the Nero I am using? Thanks guys will greatly appreciate your suggestions.

Did you try another media? what's the model # of your Liteon ? except that your liteon is a lemon(it's possible, heard some bad stories about Liteon) it's not a compatibilty issue, neither is it a config problem, since, you were not able to read teh blank disc.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 03:56 PM »
yeah... when making backups... the ISO method is the way to go. "cut and paste" is just not reliable.  :-[

(unless the "original dvd" you are backing up is on a dula layer disc... if so, you can use nero recode or dvd shrink for that.)

i own a lite-on recorder myself... and i'm pretty happy with the performance. no horror story here (so far.)
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2006 at 03:58 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006 at 05:12 PM »
You'll need to experiment with different combinations of software to find out what works. In any case, consider burning to ISO first and look for software to run the ISO to see if the movie plays properly.

Offline dta

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jun 25, 2006 at 11:32 PM »
Aside from DVD Fab, is there any other software to split a DVD-9 into DVD-5 (because DVD-9 blank media are so expensive whilst DVD-5 blanks are so cheap...)?

The software must not reduce the DVD video's quality (eg. DVD-Shrink) and not delete the bonus/special features.

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jun 26, 2006 at 12:51 PM »
Guys, I need your feedback, can you help me on how to back up a DVD-AUDIO.

Just a back-up...............thanks!!

I have been trying to find DVD-A ripper, but those available before are not online anymore. It seems that ripping DVD-A is a total violation of copyright protection that is why people who wrote software to capture the audio stream does not publish their software anymore in fear of litigation!

I was looking for a ripper because no car audio supports DVD-A and I have a lot of DVD-A's that I want to play in my car stereo. Now I end up buying CD's of the DVD-A titles I have. How fair is that?  >:(
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 12, 2006 at 08:21 PM »
Try DVDFab or CloneDVD. For other ways, enter "split dvd9 to dvd5" in www.videohelp.com.

Aside from DVD Fab, is there any other software to split a DVD-9 into DVD-5 (because DVD-9 blank media are so expensive whilst DVD-5 blanks are so cheap...)?

The software must not reduce the DVD video's quality (eg. DVD-Shrink) and not delete the bonus/special features.

Offline Rak-Rak

• DVD Addict
  • MKV Addic
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 05:57 AM »
before i was using dvd x copy to split my dvd9 movies but it has an advertising in front of the movie that this software did the job, does the dvdfab eliminated this force ad?

Offline duneman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 27, 2006 at 09:12 PM »
im using anydvd with InterVideo DVDCopy Platinum.

Offline [dcw]aaron

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 30, 2006 at 10:54 AM »
mga sir, i tried installing AnyDVD after that napansin ko na lang na parang bumagal ang pag read ng dvdrom ko..is this normal? tnx!
Samsung PS51D491 51" Plasma 3D
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB
Samsung BD-D5100
Sony HTIB 5.1
Kaiboer H1055

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Dec 30, 2006 at 07:02 PM »
There's probably something about the DVD speed in the program settings. Otherwise, you should probably look at the help file, FAQ, or tech support forum in the maker's site.

mga sir, i tried installing AnyDVD after that napansin ko na lang na parang bumagal ang pag read ng dvdrom ko..is this normal? tnx!

Offline bam777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 14, 2007 at 09:47 PM »
for me i copy original DVD movies, first you should have ANYDVD program open it then you can use any copying program.  For me i use Nero it's until now i use it, no problem.

Offline Ripley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 15, 2007 at 05:41 PM »
Hi guys,

How about backing up or copying only the sound from an orginal dvd like in the case of concert dvds?  I have several concert dvds that I would like to copy audio only to a cd that I can play in my car. Is this possible?

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jul 16, 2007 at 01:10 PM »
Hi guys,

How about backing up or copying only the sound from an orginal dvd like in the case of concert dvds?  I have several concert dvds that I would like to copy audio only to a cd that I can play in my car. Is this possible?

I have an AoA Audio extractor. What it does is convert DVD to AVi/MPEG/WMV/IPOD/PSP/MP7,etc. and then getting the audio as MP3, WAV or AC3 from the converted file.

I do not know any other method.

BTW, this application is free. I got this from PC Utilities accompanying disc.

Offline LETOR

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 10, 2008 at 09:13 AM »
Hi guys,

You may also consider "tubehunter". It has the same function with AoA audio extractor.

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:30 PM »
Try entering key words in a search engine. There are several links that might help.

Hi guys,

Offline aremdvna

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 05:24 AM »
If you're only using freeware.  You can use Ripit4Me, along with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. DVD Decrypter alone won't work with some newer disks.  You can get RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink here:

RipIt4Me
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5408.html

DVD Decrypter
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Decrypter/1011845169/1

DVD Shrink
http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

Guide on How to copy a DVD-9 using Ripit4Me and DVD Shrink 3.2
http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/34/26/

If you only want to use one program to make a backup copy of a disk, try DVDFab 5. 

DVDFab Trial
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Offline maidenmasher69

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 11, 2009 at 02:06 PM »
mga sir's, question

I downloaded a trial version of Dvdfab because I tested of backing up a copy on one of my collection.

The back up was successful.

However, upon checking the original disc, it seems that the region coding was removed (The disc is R1. I was shocked that it played on my player that is set to Region 3 coding)

Normal po ba itong behavior na ito? Since this is the first time that I tried backing up original dvd.

thanks.

Offline r_Y_@_n

• DVD Addict
  • andre marcus
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 11, 2009 at 02:26 PM »
mga sir's, question

I downloaded a trial version of Dvdfab because I tested of backing up a copy on one of my collection.

The back up was successful.

However, upon checking the original disc, it seems that the region coding was removed (The disc is R1. I was shocked that it played on my player that is set to Region 3 coding)

Normal po ba itong behavior na ito? Since this is the first time that I tried backing up original dvd.
thanks.

really sir? i've been using dvdfab platinum edition 5.2.3.0 but i havent encountered that with the dvd's that i have backed up. although my dvd player is region free, i dont know how i can actually check.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? what dvdfab version are you using? TIA!

Offline maidenmasher69

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 11, 2009 at 02:30 PM »

really sir? i've been using dvdfab platinum edition 5.2.3.0 but i havent encountered that with the dvd's that i have backed up. although my dvd player is region free, i dont know how i can actually check.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? what dvdfab version are you using? TIA!

Dvd fab trial version 6

I am also assuming that the dvd (warner title) baka during production, they were not able to apply certain protection.

Pero will again test try another back for R1 dvd.

Sir, full version po ba yung gamit nyong Dvd fab?