Author Topic: Express Mail Service (EMS) Service  (Read 41513 times)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Express Mail Service (EMS) Service
« Reply #60 on: Apr 07, 2005 at 01:48 AM »
I think that all of the @#$@&^&@ customs people are sticking thier nose to us.Nahalata ata na maraming orders of dvd's from korea and taiwan. >:( ::)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: Apr 07, 2005 at 01:56 AM »
my thoughts exactly... I think matunog na sa kanila ang ibang addresees so ingat boys and girls...  ;)

when I was there waiting, ang daming packages talaga even saw several Amazon boxes... Medyo nadismaya din ako because some of the packages were just laying around seemingly with out any filing or stocking system... Made me wonder how they can locate packages when someone comes in to claim them...   :-\  ???

Offline techhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 11:45 PM »
For the first 3 pages it EMS sounded great and I was gaining hope for the Philippine Postal System.  But with the most recent posts, It all sounds so scary.   I haven't shipped anything by EMS or chosen to receive anything by EMS yet and now I'm afraid to.  I don't want any of my packages to be lost or delayed by months.  :-\  Is EMS the cheapest, fastest and most reliable shipping option the Philippines PO has to offer without having to resort to more expensive couriers when receiving parcels from abroad?  How about Sure express?  Anybody tried that?  They say they've got a partnership with the USPS and have the same quality of service.  Wishful thinking I'm sure.   Are they more reliable and as cheap as EMS?  Cheaper than JACS for heavy or bulky packages?  Website is currently being updated so I can't check it.

Offline longbeard

• Apprentice
  • kIpLiNg
  • Liked:
Re: EMS Service
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2005 at 04:54 PM »
flyboy..  thanks for your reply.

bilis nga.. i ordered Infernal Affairs Boxset from HK. the price difference between regular air mail and EMS is $4.00. i think they are encouranging and pushing for EMS for 95% assured receipt of shipments. unfortunately, there is no EMS website for the Philippines. :(

funny thing is... when the package was delivered, the postmen told me that some packages are usually taxed heavily and i was lucky that mine was not opened and subjected to the same fate... after 20 mins.. i realized that their statement means "please show appreciation by giving us incentives." LOL. i was too sleepy when they arrived i can hardly read between the lines.. dyahe.

i think EMS has a $100 limit. actually, this is a wiser shipment method.  i dont need to claim it in the PO, haggle with the customs people and no mail and road traffic especially during xmas.. adding the corresponding prices and unforeseen costs, $20 isn't bad at all.

was glad i tried it. thanks also to pchin for the heads up. 

8)

You were lucky your stuff wasn't stopped by the customs. Had mine stopped and I had to go to get it (near the domestic airport). Imagine if your from the province, you have to go to Manila just to claim your seized item/s.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2005 at 08:45 AM »
According to my attorney, there is no such thing as the $100 limit. The custom reserve the right to impose the custom fee on any package small or big upon their discretion.

Some of us that use EMS & lucky to get away (so far so good) with the custom is probably they are too lazy to do the paper work esp if the total invoice value is too low...normally below $50.  I have a few lucky cases where my declared value is around $100 & still managed to escape. The only fee I need to pay is the processing/delivery fee amounting to P50 lang. No problem, happy to give!  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 20, 2005 at 07:43 PM »
Got my latest order from koreandvds yesterday, and sabi nung nag-deliver medyo mahigpit daw customs sa kanila ngayon... especially packages from US and Japan. so ingat muna tayo  ;D

Offline everythingyouwant

• Collector
  • You can have everything you want....
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 03:00 PM »
any latest experiences? :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 03:14 PM »
got an order shipped via EMS. was able to reach their hotline and guess what.. my package is in the custody of customs.. and i received no notification.

poor operation!

:-X

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 08:17 PM »
got an order shipped via EMS. was able to reach their hotline and guess what.. my package is in the custody of customs.. and i received no notification.

poor operation!  :-X

I experienced a few times na that they didn't send me notification. Recently, waited almost a month a parcel from Malaysia w/out any notice. Another incident was from Hong Kong.

So far those parcels that shipped from Korea were quite consistent & delivered to my office promptly w/out fuss

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 09:43 PM »
same here. my korean orders were never seized nor charged regardless of size. my HK and taiwan orders are always charged. and most of the time, charges are beefed-up heavily.

>:(

Offline burukheim

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jan 20, 2006 at 07:13 PM »
hmmm.  I recently ordered some "unquestionable" comics from Japan and the store is going to ship these through EMS.  hopefully the local postman will charge me the usual - 30php. 

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 05:41 PM »
hmmm.  I recently ordered some "unquestionable" comics from Japan and the store is going to ship these through EMS.  hopefully the local postman will charge me the usual - 30php. 

sir, usually it's safe pag walang declared value  ;)  usually lang pero  ;D

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jun 16, 2006 at 01:53 PM »
Any recent experiences?  Was hoping to order some action figures from CDJapan via EMS, pero apparently CDJapan puts the decalred value on the package.

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #73 on: Jul 28, 2006 at 08:04 PM »
It takes 7-10 days only if ship thru EMS country of origin is japan.

Package is delivered to your doorstep.

You won't receive a registry notice coming from the post office, no more hassle of going to your local post office to claim the item and best of all DI na nila binubuksan yun package mo.

:)

Offline nixenzo

• Collector
  • D'oh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jan 05, 2007 at 09:17 PM »
It takes 7-10 days only if ship thru EMS country of origin is japan.

Package is delivered to your doorstep.

You won't receive a registry notice coming from the post office, no more hassle of going to your local post office to claim the item and best of all DI na nila binubuksan yun package mo.

:)

My EMS shipment was held at the post office!  >:( The point of origin is also Japan, and I was surprised to find a postal notice as I expected it to arrive home. I even left several IDs just in case, but sabi dun sa aking duly authorized rep (in short, bantay  :) ) wala talagang dalang package, notice lang. The weight BTW, is 1.7 kilos, are there any weight restrictions? Is this how some POs handle shipments (this is the Calamba, Laguna PO) especially when many people are still in vacation mode? Sigh... :(
Librarian

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 06:34 PM »
It's been awhile since I used this service.
I ordered 2 LPs from HMV Japan & shipping was via EMS. It was shipped Jan. 29 & was delivered to my house by our local EMS around 2pm today. I paid the usual P35. 8)

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Mar 27, 2008 at 06:20 PM »
had toys shipped from Japan a couple of weeks ago. It only took 3 days to get it delivered to our house, and only paid P35  ;D

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 18, 2008 at 11:20 AM »
I heard that EMS shipments now have to be picked up at the Pasay City Post Office, regardless of delivery address.  Is this true?

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 18, 2008 at 03:04 PM »
It depends on the situation. Frankly speaking based on my past experience (I'm in Manila) with EMS, its service sucks BIG time! >:( (probably due to the value items).

Out of 10 cases, 9 times I would have to visit their ofis for pick up....sometimes delay up to 2 weeks or so... Why they like us to go to their ofis? So that those buaya can take a very good "bite" at our "pocket"... :(
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2008 at 05:45 PM by pchin »

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 18, 2008 at 04:31 PM »
It's been awhile since I used this service.
I ordered 2 LPs from HMV Japan & shipping was via EMS. It was shipped Jan. 29 & was delivered to my house by our local EMS around 2pm today. I paid the usual P35. 8)

On my 3rd order from HMV Japan consisting of 2 LP records amounting to $60+,  I had to pick-up the package from Customs at the main EMS office in Pasay. I had to pay P1000 for duties & taxes. I won't use EMS again.

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:44 AM »
had a package shipped from an online store (HLJ) and i had to pick it up at the Pasay post office last April 11.
I guess, when the shipper is a known online store, they really put it on hold so you'll have to pick it up..and umm...you know...subject to tax computation  ;) cost of my package is around $80

had 2 packages previously sent thru EMS but shipper is an ebay seller, and both packages were delivered straight to our house.  :P

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Apr 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM »
What if the total cost, including shipping, is less than $50?  Has anyone with such an order had to pick it up from Pasay?

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 07:48 PM »
if the sender is an online store, chances are you are going to pick it up at pasay, regardless of cost. one member at ptk mentioned he had a package from hlj sent via ems, costing less than $50, and he had to pick it up and pay taxes at the pasay post office

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2008 at 11:01 AM »
had a package shipped from an online store (HLJ) and i had to pick it up at the Pasay post office last April 11.
I guess, when the shipper is a known online store, they really put it on hold so you'll have to pick it up..and umm...you know...subject to tax computation  ;) cost of my package is around $80

had 2 packages previously sent thru EMS but shipper is an ebay seller, and both packages were delivered straight to our house.  :P

How much cusotms duties did you have to pay for your $80 order from HLJ?

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM »
well, the computation for the taxes always includes the shipping charge. Galing nga ng customs officer na nag assess ng package ko - they know how much the shipping cost was. Since i know how they compute the taxes, i paid the tax na lang. For the $80 (cost includes the shipping fee) package i got from HLJ i paid P1,350 in taxes, and yes, its receipted.

for reference, here's how they compute the customs taxes (applicable to dvds and toys):

a. Parcel fee of 35.00

b. Then the customs duty fee:
ie: DVD/toy worth $80.00 (including shipping cost)
Cost (in Pesos): Php 3,360.00
customs duty (value x 10%) : 336.00
customs doc stamp & EDF: 500.00
BIR Stamp: 15.00
Sub Total: 4,211.00
VAT x 12% : 505.32

So, you'll end up paying:
customs duty: 336.00
Customs doc stamp: 500.00
BIR stamp: 15.00
VAT: 505.32
TOTAL customs fee: 1,356.32

so for a $80 package, you pay P35 storage fee plus the customs fee/tax of P1,356.32.

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2008 at 12:51 AM »
Very useful.  Thanks for this.  Guess I'll hold off on those HLJ orders.

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #86 on: Jul 10, 2008 at 10:18 AM »
guys, where can I claim this ems package?? where in Pasay (malapit daw sa park n fly?)
the shipping turnaround is less but you have to claim your package is in pasay?? how ironic and ridiculous
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #87 on: Jul 10, 2008 at 05:10 PM »
Hi krets, when i choose ems as shipping method my goods are delivered to my house. I was wondering bakit ikaw pa kukuha noong package sa EMS office? Malaki ba amount nun binili mo?

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #88 on: Jul 10, 2008 at 06:29 PM »
yep! lumagpas ng $100 kasi kasama ang shipping costs! hassle had to pay 1.8k
ang susungit pa ng mga lola dun! sarap *pakan!!!  >:( >:( ang tagal pa kasi mga nagsisipag merienda!
i'll never use ems again!!!
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jul 11, 2008 at 10:05 AM »
guys, where can I claim this ems package?? where in Pasay (malapit daw sa park n fly?)
the shipping turnaround is less but you have to claim your package is in pasay?? how ironic and ridiculous

I've been wondering for a long time about this. What if my shipping address is not in Manila but within Luzon. Should I still go to Pasay to pick it up  :o