Author Topic: Air21!!! - local fedex courier  (Read 58638 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: BoyCoTT Air21!!! - local fedex courier
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 12:17 PM »
Geez....hemisphere1234... really regret concerning your predicament with Air 21. I can totally understand it's indeed a very frustrating experience in such circumstance where you've purchaed & paid for your beloved DVD, the one you've been searching, LE. OOP, etc....and the last thing thing you ever want to hear is the DVD got lost! Gosh..I'd be furious myself & tear the whole office down.    >:(

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 01:31 PM »
Hemisphere I'm with you in this battle. Kung government lang yan I can interfere and solve your problem.

Dami nating battles.....I hope this will be your last one.  :(

If you really felt bad file a formal complaint. Man its your hard earned money that was lost in buying those two dvds.
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2004 at 01:44 PM by keating »

Offline dunforgiven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Before you see the light, you must die!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 01:35 PM »
HEM,  i suggest you report this incident to "Bitag" of Ben Tulfo, or any other program headed by any of the Tulfo brothers. I know they give better results than Imbestigador. Namimili daw ng kaso na tatanggapin si Mike Enriquez  >:(
Picture quality over plot

Offline dugs

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 02:40 PM »
for updates:

although OT, i think you would like to know some facts:

Fact number 1
some operations people are opening our packages inside the sorting area or even in the vans. if it is just a new release of Mary Poppins, no prob. .... also, some of the receivers and frontliners (in stores) have inside contacts and communicate the real item to the inside peepz for an inside italian job.

what an organized crime...

Fact number 2
recently, 19 AIR21 people were dismissed and a franchise closed (near my office) because of mobile phones theft incident and then some... 1 employee was proven guilty..  the reason for the dismissal of 18 personnel  is yet another theft and conspiracy case not related to the mobile phones (with a capital S)... a whistle blowing thing... the way one crime begets another..

tsk tsk tsk..

Good thing you brought these things up hem.  Before I thought only the bad eggs in the  post office  do that- and I trusted the Air21 people more than those at the post ofice.  Now I know better ! (I would  not have known had you not brought out whats behind Air21).  If Fedex Air21 wants to maintain their reputation as reliable, dependable courier service I believe they should heed your call for fairness on your predicament.  That should also  be a wake up call that we at PinoyDVD are one big community and these incidents if not resolved to our satisfaction would certainly affect their business and reputation as well.

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 10:24 PM »
Hemisphere I'm with you in this battle. Kung government lang yan I can interfere and solve your problem.

Dami nating battles.....I hope this will be your last one.  :(

If you really felt bad file a formal complaint. Man its your hard earned money that was lost in buying those two dvds.

your honor, glad to know na nakiki-isa ka sa adhikain ni ka hemi, sayang nga lang at nasa pribado silang sektor.....but you're right, it will be an interesting case if he pursues some legal actions against air21 :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 10:27 PM »
thanks for all the replies.. noted peepz.. :)

my concern was elevated thrice to higher management in 2 days.. 

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 11:02 PM »
I've had one incident wherein one of my buyers received a broken Sex in the City season 4 Digipack for a shipment to Makati. After elevating it to their customer service, I received pretty much the same service that hemi did.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 01:48 AM »
maybe we should all write to a person in media... that way, they will also see that they may get good mileage from this as is one of their priorities when deciding on which cases or stories to take...

Offline gurang

• DVD Addict
  • Behind every myth is a liar
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 08:20 AM »
re: limited liability clause

The primary obligation of the courier is to deliver the package from point A to point B. If the courier is guilty of fraud or negligence in the performance of this obligation, the injured party is generally entitled to damages as a matter of right. But the right to recovery may be limited by contractual stipulation such as by way of adhesion contracts, or "the fine print" prepared solely by the courier service and without consent to which the service will not be performed.

Adhesion contracts are perfectly legal and binding. Yet they are strictly construed against the party that drafted them, and may well be struck down if established to be one-sided. I think it is important to examine the purpose of the stipulation requiring the declaration of value. If it is required mainly so that if the value is expensive, the employees of the courier are put on guard to take care of the package. However, the courier is obligated to ensure the well-being and safe delivery of the package no matter the value, so on that ground alone, I think the injured party should be able to recover beyond the stipulated limitation. Also, if it can be established that despite the stipulation, employees of the courier actually told the shipper that it is not necessary to make a declaration (as has happened in my case), then I don't think the limitation should operate.

It might be a different case though if for example, the declaration is necessary in order to trigger an insurance agreement with a third party who may have agreed to insure packages worth a certain value, or wherein the declaration is necessary in order to make operative some legal protection against either the shipper or the courier.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2004 at 08:25 AM by gurang »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 03:11 PM »
finally got a positive reply from Air21. i opt not to discuss the details for legal implications.. i just hope that i would be the last one to complain... and putting one's weight around would no longer be necessary to uphold consumers' rights.

btw, gurang, ill also use your post next week. the end is just the beginning..  thanks in advance.

Offline jaimsitecom

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • olrayt!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 11:36 PM »
Matagal ko na actually binoycott ang fedex.  Too many "unfortunate" incidents na ang na-experience ko from this company, whether i was the one receiving or sending, both may masamang experiences.

Well, Hem, ituloy mo ang laban o expose'... basta ako never again will be using their services.

Good luck sa ibang may tiwala pa sa kanila.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2005 at 08:06 PM by jaimsitecom »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Dec 24, 2004 at 12:21 AM »
i would happily use DHL or LBC..
 :-X

Though DHL (WWWexpress ata sila for nationwide shipments?) cost so much more than Air21 and they charge additional P50.00 for pick-up, doesn't matter how much more you end up paying them (DHL). The customer service people are so helpful!!!! They will update you every step. It's like....uhm...the only analogy I can think of now --- it's like when you ask an airline company for assistance when a child is travelling alone. Know what I mean? They treat the package as something like that. Well, at least in my experience. Hope they do this for every one of their customers, especially those who need the extra help. :)

I was just reading the airwaybill of DHL kanina, nakalagay pala dun how much they will reimburse you if you did not declare any insurance. They will only reimburse upto P100.00 pala. I don't think I noticed that sa Air21 airwaybill, meron ba?

Tomorrow naman, last day to send out Xmas stuff, I'm trying Aboitiz (it has a new name now, E-care ba yun, E-quick? Something with an E) for the first time. If that goes well, then yep, I resolve (naks, New Year's spirit! ;D) to give up Air 21 for good, even if I'm only sending out junks and knick-knacks for my friends back home. Don't really want the hassle from Air21 anymore.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 24, 2004 at 12:46 AM »
Aboitiz has good service from my experience with them... I have shipped several "valuable" items thru them before when I was still selling stuff at bidshot... I've sent a Playstation 1 (the big one) with about 30 discs to Tugegarao... I've sent a couple of cell phones also to Bacolod if I remember correctly... an original Michael Schumacher cap to Baguio... a Playstation PSOne to Davao.... a Tag Heuer watch to Baguio again... plus several others... for all these items though I declared the value... I think it was a small price to pay to ensure you don't get short changed if the items got lost or damaged... I was happy with their service as there I did not experience any delays or other problems whatsoever

Offline groucho

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Dec 24, 2004 at 07:10 AM »
I think that it would be a good service to PinoyDVD members if we had a side-by-side comparison chart of the rates of the couriers, e.g. Air21, WWWExpress, Aboitiz, LBC, OCS, etc. based on the delivery of a common product, say one DVD sent from Metro-Manila, delivered to somewhere also in Metro-Manila.  And on the right side of the chart, maybe we can put the pros and cons of the service of each.  That way, we all get a clearer picture of the industry.  I'd start it, except that I have an ultimately limited experience with the couriers.  So, I wouldn't be in the best position to do so.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 12:31 PM »
it's final.. after 5 thumbs up from 5 different vice presidents, Vice president Ruben Pangan (from i dont know where, the letter was poorly written) and Customer Service Manager Karen Rivera proceeded with P100.00 claim for an undeclared package lost during shipment.

prior to this final final final decision, i previously declined the "token" given to me: Kill Bill Vol 2 and Old Boy (which region they cannot specify due to their lack of awareness that these titles were not released in the Philippines).

they have crossed out and strongly disagreed with my requests for these compensations:
- Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2  japan releases and Old Boy UE (they're totally clueless about these things)
- current market value
- a dialogue with Fedex/air21 ceo albert lina and the people mentioned above
- revision of limited liability clause printed on the airway bill

i am so disappointed about this situation. to date, all air21 and fedex outlets still push for no declared value shipping habit..

i have used DHL, JRS and LBC. quite expensive but superb service and very particular about declared value.

in a nutshell, FEDEX, air21 and mail&more are complete let downs.. what if i have shipped an old pix of my grandfather (which to me is more valuable than anything in the world) and the package got lost? can they bring back the past to capture the moment again? what if the items (like dvds) are numbered and serialized? and you were given lucky number 7? and they lost it? would the declared value be enough for compensation? oh well.. just practicing. .. they'll hear, see and feel more of me next week..

Offline dragon39

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 02:23 PM »
sa akin ninakawan shipment ko ng internet cards! out of purchased 25k php worth of cards, 12k was missing! the outer air21 pouch was no longer adhering to the puch lip, and the inner plastic bag was torn.

the usual underdeclared so we're liable to pay you only 100 pesos response.
as for now. theyre investigating PA DAW.

do they read this forum?

more later! im at work

-visit www.financemanila.net/forum

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 03:34 PM »
it's final.. after 5 thumbs up from 5 different vice presidents, Vice president Ruben Pangan (from i dont know where, the letter was poorly written) and Customer Service Manager Karen Rivera proceeded with P100.00 claim for an undeclared package lost during shipment.

prior to this final final final decision, i previously declined the "token" given to me: Kill Bill Vol 2 and Old Boy (which region they cannot specify due to their lack of awareness that these titles were not released in the Philippines).

they have crossed out and strongly disagreed with my requests for these compensations:
- Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2  japan releases and Old Boy UE (they're totally clueless about these things)
- current market value
- a dialogue with Fedex/air21 ceo albert lina and the people mentioned above
- revision of limited liability clause printed on the airway bill

i am so disappointed about this situation. to date, all air21 and fedex outlets still push for no declared value shipping habit..

i have used DHL, JRS and LBC. quite expensive but superb service and very particular about declared value.

in a nutshell, FEDEX, air21 and mail&more are complete let downs.. what if i have shipped an old pix of my grandfather (which to me is more valuable than anything in the world) and the package got lost? can they bring back the past to capture the moment again? what if the items (like dvds) are numbered and serialized? and you were given lucky number 7? and they lost it? would the declared value be enough for compensation? oh well.. just practicing. .. they'll hear, see and feel more of me next week..

sorry to hear this hem... baka galing kay Abu yung mga binibigay sa yo na kapalit  ;D or baka pinitik nila sa ibang customer nila... hehehehe  ;D Anyone here missing a Kill Bill Vol. 2 and an Old Boy dvd?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 11:10 PM »
LOL.. im not thinking about it... but it does seem possible.

weird lang.. everytime i see a fedex/air21 truck or any employee wearing something with the "logos".. i always have this feeling that he/she might have been the culprit..

hehehehe. have 3 fedex shirts, miniature trucks and planes at home..  isn't it ironic?

:-\
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2005 at 11:49 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jan 14, 2005 at 10:54 PM »
hey guys.. if you have stories to tell about air21.. you may pm me.. i would really appreciate it..

salamat in advance. :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 18, 2005 at 12:06 AM »
finally.. a positive news was received today..

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 06:45 PM »
guys.. AIR21 now has a Money Back Guarantee policy.. for delays (next day delivery commitment), shipping charges would be returned. for lost packages, declared monetary value would be reimbursed + shipping charges. make sure you declare the value of all your items regardless of courier. 

let's see if this thing would work..  sana lang di 2 months ang processing.. 

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 07:05 PM »
guys.. AIR21 now has a Money Back Guarantee policy.. for delays (next day delivery commitment), shipping charges would be returned. for lost packages, declared monetary value would be reimbursed + shipping charges. make sure you declare the value of all your items regardless of courier. 

let's see if this thing would work..  sana lang di 2 months ang processing.. 

This is indeed very good news hem and we have you to thank! this is like the fight between David and Goliath... David wins again!  ;)

Offline Temper

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: wwwexpress-dhl
« Reply #52 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 11:48 AM »
are they professionals? I will tell story in 2 weeks.

Offline Temper

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
wwwexpress
« Reply #53 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 01:06 PM »
the best courier service provider??

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Air21!!! - local fedex courier
« Reply #54 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 02:21 AM »
Effective last Aug 24 (Monday), AIR21 stopped picking up items at your office or residence unless you will pay 1k and above. Those with account will still enjoy the pick up service.  :(

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #55 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 06:58 AM »
thats sad to hear, i ship stuff with AIR21 kasi nga they pickup stuff at your place. I just might reconsider my courrier service from now on :(.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #56 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 07:06 AM »
sigurado malaki ang ibababa ng kita nila
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 09:54 AM »
cost cutting .......

in my case ang FEDEX sta rosa office sa may Laguna Bel Air is about a 20KM round trip from the office.... so yeah this sucks .....

i'll ask if our office can still ask fedex to pickup our packages hehehe ;D Otherwise brasuhin ko friend ko sa UPS ;D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #58 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM »
So far, AIR21 still picks up my packages from my clinic.. Dunno if affected kami dito sa Davao..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM »
Effective last Aug 24 (Monday), AIR21 stopped picking up items at your office or residence unless you will pay 1k and above. Those with account will still enjoy the pick up service.  :(

oo nga eh, kakainis.. additional hassle in my part tuloy.. :(
almost everyday i have items for shipping and very convenient when they will just pick it up..

any other courrier provider that will pickup your items for shipping? baka meron but they cannot match the pricing of air21.. :)